Author Topic: please allow me to adjust my pants...  (Read 5441 times)

thatguy

• Global Moderator
please allow me to adjust my pants...
« on: January 08, 2005, 05:35:00 am »
...so that i may dance the good time dance, and put the onlookers and innocent bystanders into a trance.

clutch put on the best show at 9:30 last year.  tonight, they set the bar for all bands coming this year.  i can't think of anyone currently on the schedule that can raise it.

Sir HC

Re: please allow me to adjust my pants...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 02:33:00 pm »
What about Cat Power?  (I hope something was spat out for this...)

PigIron

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 03:21:00 pm »
Clutch was great as usual, although I didn't think it was any better than the previous show at the club.  I like the two set thing they've started with recent shows.  Great mix of old and new stuff.  Every show is a completely different setlist, even if you see them days apart.  Some bands keep a similar setlist for years and it gets predictable.  Great crowd with the exception of the few fratboy types who feel that they need to capture the show by holding their friggin camera phones in the air for half the show.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 01:48:00 pm »
I've gotta agree with you...Friday's show was intense  :)  They've recently put up a live video of "Pure Rock Fury" which was filmed at the 930 Club. You can see yourself grabbing some crowdsurfer about a minute into it  ;)

The sound and everything about the show on Friday raised the bar for even them I think. They've now truly matured with their sound...even the keyboardist (organ) and extra guitarist are always nice bonuses!

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

PigIron

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:45:00 pm »
The sound and everything about the show on Friday raised the bar for even them I think. They've now truly matured with their sound...even the keyboardist (organ) and extra guitarist are always nice bonuses!

Yea, but who was that guy who started singing with em?

booradley17

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 05:59:00 am »
Originally posted by PigIron

Yea, but who was that guy who started singing with em? [/QB]
I think that guy is in High On Fire,they have played with Clutch many times.

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 04:21:00 pm »
During "Texan Book of the Dead" Sherman (formerly of Spirit Caravan currently of Earthride) was up there singing.

snailhook

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 04:53:00 pm »
hahaha, if you go to any stoner/doom metal show in the greater DC area, you will see sherman jump on stage and do guest vocals -- even if he doesn't know or remember the lyrics! i must have been outside because i missed the sherm guest appearance.