Author Topic: Kate Rusby  (Read 4548 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Kate Rusby
« on: December 16, 2003, 10:56:00 am »
Anyone familiar with British Folkie Kate Rusby?  Entertainment Weekly,  a rag whose music coverage is great for the mainstream, gives her record "Underneath the stars" a solid review.   What interests me about hearing it is the mention of how she writes orginials that sound 300 years old.  

It's a shame there is no place on the internet where you can "check-out" the entire record for a couple bucks.  But than again that would make to much sense.
T.Rex

redsock

Re: Kate Rusby
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 11:04:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  Anyone familiar with British Folkie Kate Rusby?  Entertainment Weekly,  a rag whose music coverage is great for the mainstream, gives her record "Underneath the stars" a solid review.   What interests me about hearing it is the mention of how she writes orginials that sound 300 years old.  

It's a shame there is no place on the internet where you can "check-out" the entire record for a couple bucks.  But than again that would make to much sense.
She is very folkie. And yeah, pretty much everything she sings sounds like it was written before electricity. Really nice voice, such a throwback. It seems to me that it would be hard for her to break mainstream, since her stuff sounds so dated. But maybe in the folk world.

markie

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 11:05:00 am »
I was going to be a Jackass and say, I know a place where you can check out the whole record for $15......

But my search for her was fruitless.

Oh, thats just because I cannot spell.....

Amazon

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 12:19:00 pm »
One of the Brits on the Robbie Fulks chatboard is always raving about her. I'll mention it over there and see if he pipes in. I may have heard one of her songs once, but it didn't stick in my memory.

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl: