Author Topic: The Redwalls/Hot Hot Heat  (Read 2477 times)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
The Redwalls/Hot Hot Heat
« on: November 20, 2005, 11:49:00 am »
just curious, did anyone go last night or is anyone going tonight?

if yes, how was it?

kookiemnstr8

Re: The Redwalls/Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 12:11:00 pm »
We Are Scientists were fantastic.  Check them out.

The Redwalls, while I enjoy them on disc, were nothing special live.  That total rip off of every British Invasion band ever sound just doesn't come through.  I think part of it was the mix, everything wasn't quite right, but they were just boring and bland.  They did do a nice Bob Dylan cover.

Hot Hot Heat was fantastic as usual.  Great energy, I think Steve was sick, he wasn't singing any high notes, and they transposed a couple of songs down a step, but it was still a fucking awesome set.

The crowd was a little teenybopper, piercing scream heavy.  It's one thing to scream in between songs, but when its to the point that the music can't be heard, we have a problem.

HHH Set List:  Not as much from Knock Knock as I wanted but here it is-
 Running Out of Time
 Dirty Mouth
 Get In or Get Out
 Pickin' it Up
 Middle of Nowhere
 Talk To Me, Dance With Me
 Island of the Honest Man
 Le Le Low
 No Not Now
 Ladies and Gentlemen
 Sous St. Marie
 Oh, Goddamnit
 You Owe Me An I.O.U.
 S.O.S.
 Bandages

Jingle Jangle
 Elevator
 Goodnight Goodnight

you be betty

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 02:53:00 pm »
that's a really good setlist!  

you wouldn't happen to have a redwalls set list, would you?

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 03:45:00 pm »
Redwalls Set List (Out of Order):

It's Alright
 Robinson Crusoe
 The Levee Song
 Just Like a Woman
 What a Shame
 Deep in the Heart
 Love Her
 Falling Down
 Easy Come&Go

Bartelby

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 08:48:00 pm »
I thought We are Scientists were the best of the evening.  The Redwalls were great - some just don't like their stuff - but if you do, they were spot on.

HHH were awesome and where I was standing up front - then back by the sound booth, they sounded great.

I'm not overly impressed with Sonar.  The stage security guys SUCKED .  One guy let his posse of drunken friends inside the security boundary right in front of those who'd been standing for two hours.  Last night's crowd seemed ruder than the worst night at 930 too...but I think it might be the venue, cause I haven't seen that at Ottobar, Fletchers, or 8x10. On the other hand, Sonar has some of the coolest bar tenders outside of the 930.  One was staffed with all female bartenders - and they had more fun than anyone!

Two if by sea played in the lounge next door - still inside Sonar...they were really hyped to play, and blew the roof off - and it was a much more adult crowd.  The HHH guys came over and caught the late show and had a few cocktails with the fans...Nice way to arrange a music schedule for those lookin, to stay out all night!   ;)

you be betty

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 09:47:00 pm »
sounds like it was good...i love The Redwalls, and Baltimore was just too far for me to be able to go to see them; so i really hope they are back soon.

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 11:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by BadSushi:

I'm not overly impressed with Sonar.  
Agreed.  I felt like that if I wasn't in the place I was (up front) I wouldn't have been able to see anything.  I saw the security guys do that, and it was ridiculous.  Thats why we all love 9:30.