Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 66351 times)

jadetree

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2003, 05:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by twangirl:
  Yep, we were given incorrect info. Agent had a brain fart. It is Anders Parker opening for Jay Farrar. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Jadetree!
No problem, thanks for looking into it, any way you can convince him that they need to have Tim Easton open on the east coast as well, and might as well get them to bring Heywood.   ;)

markie

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2003, 12:56:00 pm »
cut and paste from the blackcat site.....

SAT AUG 2- RHETT MILLER (early show) $12 mainstage 7:00

FRI AUG 8 - THE WALKMEN, FRENCH KICKS $10 Mainstage 9:30

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2003, 01:03:00 pm »
Boy, Rhett sure gets around doesn't he? Shouldn't he be home caring for his pregnant wife?

He's also playing for free at the Kennedy Center June 29, and we'll also catch him at Bumbershoot in Seattle on August 31.

Originally posted by Andrew WK:
  cut and paste from the blackcat site.....

SAT AUG 2- RHETT MILLER (early show) $12 mainstage 7:00

FRI AUG 8 - THE WALKMEN, FRENCH KICKS $10 Mainstage 9:30

markie

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2003, 01:05:00 pm »
June 29th, is a Sunday.... what time is the show again, I forget....

Will you drive there?

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2003, 01:11:00 pm »
No doubt we will walk there rather than drive...or take the Metro to Foggy Bottom and walk from there. No doubt we will get there plenty early.

All Millenium Stage shows start at 6 PM sharp, and apparently Rhett is opening (which is actually a good thing, because then we can get up and leave during Nickel Creek if they suck)

Nickel Creek, a bluegrass revival trio, has been touring for more than a decade, bringing contemporary flair to traditional rhythms. Rhett Miller, lead singer of the Old 97??s, opens with a solo performance that folds upbeat pop rock into ??alternative? country tunes.

June 29th, is a Sunday.... what time is the show again, I forget....

Will you drive there?

markie

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2003, 01:23:00 pm »
Oh ...

wifey doesnt finish work till six...

hopefully she will sneak off early either that or may I tag along with you two?

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2003, 01:28:00 pm »
Of course you may tag along with us two if wifey can't make it in time.

That's also ODS weekend, the night before...will wifey be able to get away a little early for that one? Apparently, they have an early start time...

Schools Out" Free T-Shirt Night" / 30 Lap Legends, 100 Lap LMSC, 50 Lap GS, 30 Lap MS, 25 Lap SS, Pro-Mini Cups, Champs (SPECIAL START TIME - 6:30 PM)

Oh ...

wifey doesnt finish work till six...

hopefully she will sneak off early either that or may I tag along with you two?

markie

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2003, 01:34:00 pm »
Oh she will be lucky to get away with it two days in a row.... We will have to see. Perhaps she will campaign for a wekend off.

We have never been to the Kennedy center, so would love some company going to the show. Plus a free show with nicklecreek, I bet you two wont smell nearly as bad as at least half of the audience....

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2003, 02:01:00 pm »
Hey Andrew, are you still at the same email address?

Oh she will be lucky to get away with it two days in a row.... We will have to see. Perhaps she will campaign for a wekend off.

We have never been to the Kennedy center, so would love some company going to the show. Plus a free show with nicklecreek, I bet you two wont smell nearly as bad as at least half of the audience....

markie

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2003, 02:06:00 pm »
you mean

sailordancer@notalent.com

Yea, I just emailed you back....

the IM thing on the board works as well.... I always forget about it though.

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2003, 02:08:00 pm »
It's funny...my work is getting so paranoid about viruses that they are now banning even hotmail. I wonder if chat boards will be next.

not too shabby

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2003, 02:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  It's funny...my work is getting so paranoid about viruses that they are now banning even hotmail. I wonder if chat boards will be next.
Mine, too.  I'm thinking it could be a temporary thing.  Is that gov't-wide?

markie

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2003, 02:25:00 pm »
we have been banned from using any IM programs that show text on the other persons screen as you type......They check for people using such software and physically come around to tell people off.

No one has said anything about hotmail at the NIH yet though.

not too shabby

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2003, 02:27:00 pm »
We just came in yesterday to find that all of the web-based email sites were blocked.  Lots of complaining followed.  It's not as if we have much real work to distract us here.

lily1

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2003, 02:35:00 pm »
they won't let us access any im type program and you can't open any attachment that goes to your non work account. they've put on filters so everything will jam up. and i've found if you access amazon or ebay too often that will jam up too here.