Author Topic: YOUR FIRST CONCERT  (Read 21640 times)

Chisai Fry

Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2005, 09:58:00 am »
Oh yeah, there is no doubt that Suicidal Tendencies kick ass.  It's Queensryche that makes people look at me funny, like when my boyfriend makes me go to the store for him and buy 3 cases of Schlitz or Milwaukee's Best.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2005, 12:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chisai Fry:
  Oh yeah, there is no doubt that Suicidal Tendencies kick ass.  It's Queensryche that makes people look at me funny, like when my boyfriend makes me go to the store for him and buy 3 cases of Schlitz or Milwaukee's Best.
why is your boyfriend drinking Schitz and Beast?  Is he trying to be cool, or is he a cheapskate?
_\|/_

Bad_Brain

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2005, 12:54:00 pm »
Aerosmith when i was like 8

set1914

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2005, 01:29:00 pm »
My first concert was The Romantics Summer of 1984 at the Ocean City Convention Center.

First 9:30 Club (old) show was The Dickies Fall of 1985.

First 9:30 Club (new) show was Garbage Spring of 1996

MissFortune

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2005, 03:15:00 pm »
motley crue dr feelgood tour at the Capital Center, I think it was '89.

Chisai Fry

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2005, 05:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by HerrDoktorDoom:

why is your boyfriend drinking Schitz and Beast?  Is he trying to be cool, or is he a cheapskate? [/b]
You know what?  He honestly loves those two beers.  Those are his favorite.  His friends come over and they are all beer snobs, "why don't you put that crap down and try a Stella..."
 I am actually allergic to alcohol, so I don't even know how crappy they are.

• my blog
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2005, 05:54:00 pm »

Originally posted by HerrDoktorDoom:

why is your boyfriend drinking Schitz and Beast?  Is he trying to be cool, or is he a cheapskate? [/b]
You know what?  He honestly loves those two beers.  Those are his favorite.  His friends come over and they are all beer snobs, "why don't you put that crap down and try a Stella..."
 I am actually allergic to alcohol, so I don't even know how crappy they are. [/b]
Wow... so you're naturally straight-edge?  :)
_\|/_

Chisai Fry

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2005, 06:02:00 pm »
Yeah, I guess that is a good way to put it.  Coffee and cigarettes don't count do they?

• my blog
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2005, 06:37:00 pm »
I think on the straight-edge scale, alcohol is the ultimate sin, cigarettes and sex are somewhat lesser sins, and coffee is not a sin at all.
_\|/_

francis farva

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2005, 08:04:00 pm »
Foo Fighters.  The free concert in Rockville Pike.  I think it was 97 or 98; I was in eighth grade.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2005, 08:35:00 pm »
Crosby Stills Nash Young, Foreman Field, ODU, 1970 something.
FUKIT

Liberte

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2005, 08:51:00 pm »
When I was young, "concerts" consisted of beating on hollow trees with the thighbones of woolly mammoths.  So the details of those bygone days are a bit hazy.

First rock/pop concert besides crappy local cover bands playing in the gym might have been the Barbarians in Provincetown MA in 1966.

DCNuman

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2005, 11:39:00 pm »
Oh, god...the MEMORIES! <rolls eyes>  My first concert was Little River Band.  Fortunately my taste in music has improved dramatically.

First 9:30 show was Bob Mould acoustic in 96 I think.  Best show at 9:30 for me was Prodigy where the entire place was hopping up and down for the entire night.  I was totally sweat-drenched by the end but grinning ear to ear.

Captain Jack

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2005, 06:53:00 pm »
Warren Zevon at the Bayou in '96.

helicon1

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2005, 07:03:00 pm »
Menudo at Constitution Hall.
 Sometime in the 80's