Author Topic: Hard-Fi Roll Call  (Read 6424 times)

kurosawa-b/w

Hard-Fi Roll Call
« on: March 30, 2006, 08:46:00 am »
Another British band this week. Who else is going? They put on a fun live show.

kevhender

Re: Hard-Fi Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 09:38:00 am »
Definitely stoked for this one myself... finishes up Brit-week nicely.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 10:06:00 am »
I'm going to see French Toast, but I'll probably hang out a bit for Hard-Fi.  I don't really know anything about them.

Sage 703

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 10:13:00 am »
definitely trying to make it to this one.  have to hit DC9 first.

but Hard-Fi is great.

Bags

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 01:23:00 pm »
I'm considering the show, though I have to check with a visiting friend (who's more of an Eighteenth Street Lounge guy than a Black Cat guy -- exactly why I want to take him to the Cat!). I don't know about either band.  Recommendations to tip me one way or the other welcome.

Sage 703

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 02:41:00 am »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
Was it just me, or did Hard-Fi suck hard?

redsand82

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 07:30:00 am »
Originally posted by callat703:

Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
Was it just me, or did Hard-Fi suck hard? [/b]
I thought the band sounded okay, but it would have been better if the lead singer could, well, sing.

I was pretty underwhelmed, overall.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 08:14:00 am »
I thought they were terrible.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 05:57:00 pm »
well i wasnt at this show, but i am seeing them on saturday night in brooklyn. i have seen them before, and friends saw them in new york not too long ago, and everyone said it was an awesome set. (maybe they just like new yorkers better)  :)  its funny to hear everyone say how awful they were, because last time i saw them, they were great. and rich does have a great voice.

just wondering, did anyone ever listen to their stuff before the show? yeah they are one of many of the british bands, but these boys do rock!

cant wait for saturday night!
HeyLa

redsand82

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 06:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  did anyone ever listen to their stuff before the show?
Yes, I actually quite like the album. I even purchased it as an import back in September.

They may have just been experiencing an off night, or maybe my expectations were too high as usual.

Sage 703

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 06:36:00 pm »
  well i wasnt at this show, but i am seeing them on saturday night in brooklyn. i have seen them before, and friends saw them in new york not too long ago, and everyone said it was an awesome set. (maybe they just like new yorkers better)   :)   its funny to hear everyone say how awful they were, because last time i saw them, they were great. and rich does have a great voice.

just wondering, did anyone ever listen to their stuff before the show? yeah they are one of many of the british bands, but these boys do rock!

I quite like the album as well.  I don't know if the singer had just lost his voice last night or what, but he was god-awful.  Easily one of the worst shows I've seen this year.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 08:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:

well i wasnt at this show, but i am seeing them on saturday night in brooklyn. i have seen them before, and friends saw them in new york not too long ago, and everyone said it was an awesome set. (maybe they just like new yorkers better)    :)    its funny to hear everyone say how awful they were, because last time i saw them, they were great. and rich does have a great voice.

I quite like the album as well.  I don't know if the singer had just lost his voice last night or what, but he was god-awful.  Easily one of the worst shows I've seen this year. [/b]
wow! ill cross my fingers and hope if rich was/is sick that his voice is in top form on saturday night. and if not, ill just hope i can get gorillaz ticket on sunday and im sure that will make up for the show  :)
HeyLa