Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2595515 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #5265 on: May 18, 2017, 09:40:41 am »
It's like the Bette Davis quote...

"You should never say bad things about the dead, only good? Joan Crawford is dead. Good."

rich_WDC

« Reply #5266 on: May 18, 2017, 10:15:06 am »
Back to Chris Cornell...
UGH!

herman otto

« Reply #5267 on: May 18, 2017, 10:18:00 am »
They're saying, possible suicide.

hutch

« Reply #5268 on: May 18, 2017, 10:26:18 am »
i just can't believe chris cornell is dead. .the guy was by all accounts healthy as a fiddle and no bullshit.. family guy...grounded....etc...

shocking. i'm stunned.

rich_WDC

« Reply #5269 on: May 18, 2017, 10:43:30 am »
They're saying, possible suicide.
Strange timing, with a min-tour going on.
Of course, suicide typically is not conjoined with a solid mental state.

So sad.  Gonna miss that voice.
At least he can "Say Hello to Heaven" now.

Yada

« Reply #5270 on: May 18, 2017, 10:47:51 am »
i just can't believe chris cornell is dead. .the guy was by all accounts healthy as a fiddle and no bullshit.. family guy...grounded....etc...

shocking. i'm stunned.

Family guys don't typically kill themselves, but who knows...

Ended their show last night with Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying." If this was suicide, he must've literally left the stage and killed himself within minutes.

hutch

« Reply #5271 on: May 18, 2017, 11:04:30 am »
^going to ignore what looks like a very weak attempt at black humor

but I just wanted to add just because I'm shocked doesn't mean his death isn't explainable..i'm just surprised... but depression is a terrible thing if you're dealing with it.. and medication can do wacky things to you (particularly if you stop taking it..)...  just really surprised
brutal end to so many 90s rock singers; cobain, layne, the mother love bone dude, weiland, cornell.. geez..shannon hoon.. the dude from sublime...i mean its endless..
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:06:02 am by hutch »

ggw

« Reply #5272 on: May 18, 2017, 11:12:27 am »
Like sidehatch, I don't want to get all Chachi, but Cornell had been dealing with serious opiate addiction on and off for forty years.  That takes a serious toll on one's physical and emotional well-being, even if he was on the proverbial wagon.  Sad all around.

Yada

« Reply #5273 on: May 18, 2017, 11:21:44 am »
^going to ignore what looks like a very weak attempt at black humor

but I just wanted to add just because I'm shocked doesn't mean his death isn't explainable..i'm just surprised... but depression is a terrible thing if you're dealing with it.. and medication can do wacky things to you (particularly if you stop taking it..)...  just really surprised
brutal end to so many 90s rock singers; cobain, layne, the mother love bone dude, weiland, cornell.. geez..shannon hoon.. the dude from sublime...i mean its endless..

Not trying to be humorous at all... I've been personally touched by multiple people killing themselves as well as drug addiction.

My guess it wasn't "suicide" and just an unfortunate result of years of opiate abuse.

hutch

« Reply #5274 on: May 18, 2017, 11:31:53 am »
ok well.. i'm not going to speculate any more....

yada if you weren't trying to crack a joke that is uncanny.. reread what you wrote ..

Ended their show last night with Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying." If this was suicide, he must've literally left the stage and killed himself within minutes.

Yada

« Reply #5275 on: May 18, 2017, 11:34:11 am »

yada if you weren't trying to crack a joke that is uncanny.. reread what you wrote ..

??? Don't see the humor or lack there of in this post... Just calling it like I see it. My guess is he took opiates during or after and unfortunately, his heart stopped... similar to Mr. Nelson.

hutch

« Reply #5276 on: May 18, 2017, 11:40:18 am »

??? Don't see the humor or lack there of in this post... Just calling it like I see it. My guess is he took opiates during or after and unfortunately, his heart stopped... similar to Mr. Nelson.

ended with in my time of dying so he must have killed himself within minutes?

hutch

« Reply #5277 on: May 18, 2017, 11:43:41 am »
I suppose TMZ could be full of it.. Chris' wife says he was fine..etc.. but unless this is all a lie..it would appear to be a suicide... it is very very hard to believe for me though..

5:34 AM PT -- TMZ has confirmed with police the family friend had to force his way into Cornell's room and found him with a band around his neck. We're told there was no blood, and police suspect suicide based on the scene.

AP now reporting it too

https://www.yahoo.com/music/latest-police-chris-cornells-death-115152526.html

Yada

« Reply #5278 on: May 18, 2017, 11:46:24 am »

ended with in my time of dying so he must have killed himself within minutes?

My assmption the show ended around 11pm like most shows do and he was found dead at midnight... soooo... last song he played was in my time of dying and then he was found dead an hour later... so yea.

edit: welp, based on your posts, I guess he actually killed himself.

Bagley

« Reply #5279 on: May 18, 2017, 11:55:04 am »
Over 120 suicides per day in the US.  A moment of silence for the "no names"?