Author Topic: "Helmet" show last night  (Read 2578 times)

darkmrpogo

"Helmet" show last night
« on: November 17, 2004, 12:10:00 pm »
let me just say this imho last night show was crap
 I'm a huge helmet fan from way back seen them a few times before and they were great,however last night "helmet" show was a big dissapointment to me.However I dont really know if that's fair ro say I mean the band I saw last night was not really helmet it was more like another Page Hamilton side project.I'm not really into the album so I should have expected to not enjoy them live,the crowd seemed to me to be pretty tame all thought the show only showing spikes of excitment when the 3 older real helmet songs were played anyway I think page is this generation's Tony Iommi,not for his guitar playing but rather his cashing in on his bands one time good name.Oh well at least Totimoshi was great first time I've seen them

bearman🐻

Re: "Helmet" show last night
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 12:17:00 pm »
There's already another thread on Helmet here:  http://www.930.com/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008572

I personally disagree...I think that all the musicians executed the music with bruising malice and that sometimes a band's delivery can make a so-so song pretty damn good. I was never a huge fan of the song "Telling Them" by Social Distortion until I saw them just kill it when performed live. So that being said, it ain't 1992 anymore, 12 years have passed and one cannot expect things to remain the same. And if Page Hamilton writes all the songs (which he does) then he pretty much IS Helmet as far as I'm concerned. True, the old lineup was great, but last night the new guys showed just how virulent Helmet can still be.

darkmrpogo

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 12:30:00 pm »
I don't know what virulent means  :eek:

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 01:35:00 pm »
From http://www.m-w.com/

Main Entry: vir·u·lent
 Function: adjective
 Etymology: Middle English, from Latin virulentus, from virus poison
 1 a : marked by a rapid, severe, and malignant course <a virulent infection> b : able to overcome bodily defensive mechanisms <a virulent pathogen>
 2 : extremely poisonous or venomous
 3 : full of malice : MALIGNANT
 4 : objectionably harsh or strong

darkmrpogo

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 03:24:00 pm »
thanks