Author Topic: another 2006 festival superior to Coachella  (Read 2998 times)

Sage 703

another 2006 festival superior to Coachella
« on: February 21, 2006, 02:52:00 pm »
According to Pitchfork, this is the initial lineup for the Sasquatch Festival at the Gorge in Washington State, over Memorial Day weekend.  More bands to be added, but this is a pretty impressive list.

>>May 26
 Nine Inch Nails, H.I.M., And You Will Know Us by the Trail Of Dead, Wolfmother

>>May 27
 Ben Harper, The Flaming Lips, The Shins, The Tragically Hip, Neko Case, Iron & Wine, Sufjan Stevens, Gomez, Rogue Wave, Architecture in Helsinki, Sam Roberts, Constantines, The Brunettes, Matt Costa, Bedouin Soundclash, Tim Seely, Korby Lenker, Common Market

>>May 28
 Beck, Death Cab for Cutie, Queens of the Stone Age, Matisyahu, The Decemberists, Nada Surf, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Blue Scholars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Arctic Monkeys, We Are Scientists, Chad VanGaalen, The Heavenly States, Rocky Votolato, Laura Viers, The Village Green, Mercir

sonickteam2

Re: another 2006 festival superior to Coachella
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 03:00:00 pm »
while the actual band lineup is better than Coachella, having been to both, the venue is WAY WAY WAY better in California than the Gorge.

its actually no comparison.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 03:47:00 pm »
Never been to either. But apparently some people disagree with you.

The Gorge Amphitheatre located in George Washington for the ninth time in the past ten years has been voted the best major outdoor concert venue in North America by the readers of pollstar magazine. The Gorge Amphitheatre is an outdoor amphitheater near the Columbia River in Central Washington.

Originally posted by Thom Foolerie:
  while the actual band lineup is better than Coachella, having been to both, the venue is WAY WAY WAY better in California than the Gorge.

its actually no comparison.

ratioci nation

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 04:00:00 pm »
jesus, great timing, I was actually wondering when this would be, but I will be in DC that weekend for a wedding

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 04:03:00 pm »
For future note: it's always on Memorial Day weekend. My Seattle dwelling brother will be here in DC as well. Not that he's have any interest in going to this.

Originally posted by pdx pollard:
  jesus, great timing, I was actually wondering when this would be, but I will be in DC that weekend for a wedding

ratioci nation

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 04:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  For future note: it's always on Memorial Day weekend. My Seattle dwelling brother will be here in DC as well. Not that he's have any interest in going to this.

oh, good to know, thanks

LRHippo

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 04:15:00 pm »
Pitchfork isn't the only one stating this lineup. So is the festival site:

http://www.hob.com/tickets/festivals/sasquatch/2006/

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 04:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  But apparently some people disagree with you.

people disagree with me???? you dont say!!!

I do believe it though, seeing as how the Polo Fields isnt really a "venue" in the way that only one show is there, while the Gorge has a whole season of shows.

for a festival i would surely pick the polo fields, but for just a night out, the Gorge is much closer to civilization and has better amenities and such.