Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1888382 times)

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #3480 on: July 17, 2015, 03:45:01 pm »
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/as-if-a-journey-through-the-los-angeles-of-clueless/
this has always been a stand out movie for me
great article

love this line  because I was the kind of Lisa Simpson who thought beauty and popularity were something you could achieve by reading a book.
slack

vansmack

« Reply #3481 on: July 20, 2015, 05:31:05 pm »
For the non DirecTV folks out there:

NFL Gamepass

Looooong overdue. No price yet.

EDIT - Nevermind.  They still can't do it right.  No live games after preseason.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 05:38:45 pm by vansmack »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3482 on: July 20, 2015, 05:55:41 pm »
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/as-if-a-journey-through-the-los-angeles-of-clueless/

The one thing I think is completely irrelevant to the movie is the one thing she focused on:

"One of those major terms is its geography, and Clueless is a sprawling portrait of L.A.?s unique beauty."

Other than Circus Liquor, the locations chosen for filming are easily forgettable - even for some one who grew up in So Cal. 

Most everything else she discussed I enjoyed though.
27>34

« Reply #3483 on: July 20, 2015, 08:35:15 pm »
^having never been within 250 miles of the city of angles....that part of the article was lost on me
slack

vansmack

« Reply #3484 on: July 28, 2015, 03:01:49 pm »
27>34

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3485 on: July 28, 2015, 06:19:24 pm »
That song always reminded me of Todd Rundgren, and there they go mentioning Skylarking and that Rundgren covered a different New Radicals song.

The other day I heard Staind's "Outside" emanating from a bar's radio. What a bowel movement of a song.
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #3486 on: July 28, 2015, 06:27:33 pm »
The other day I heard Staind's "Outside" emanating from a bar's radio. What a bowel movement of a song.

I am so going to punish a bar crowd this weekend with that track....thanks!
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3487 on: July 28, 2015, 08:42:45 pm »

why was that guy always sitting down in his videos? still bugs me
o/\o

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3488 on: July 28, 2015, 09:31:42 pm »

i think he was fat and trying to hide it. Look at him in photos then look at his squatting self.
LVMH

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3489 on: July 28, 2015, 11:31:32 pm »

cuz he is sereeus singerer
😐 🎶

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3490 on: July 28, 2015, 11:41:30 pm »
If the tigers sent the Angels price and cespedes for Heaney and tropeano. You guys get as close to a certain title as possible. Any chance Angels do this? What would tigers have to add, i(y)ho?
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #3491 on: July 29, 2015, 01:45:14 am »
If the tigers sent the Angels price and cespedes for Heaney and tropeano. You guys get as close to a certain title as possible. Any chance Angels do this? What would tigers have to add, i(y)ho?

Under no circumstances would I ever approve that deal.   

Then again,  I wouldn't have signed Josh Hamilton.   The  Angels need a solid left handed bat to play the outfield.  That is all...
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #3492 on: July 29, 2015, 11:44:40 am »
I'm sure you can get Travis Snider.  Or David Lough.

vansmack

« Reply #3493 on: July 29, 2015, 12:46:07 pm »
I'm sure you can get Travis Snider.  Or David Lough.

Those two might not be much better than what Angels have.

Angels Left Fielders this year:

AVG   OBP  SLG
.213/.277/.311

HR   RBI    R
5  /  28  /  29

G    AB
99  334

Murphy (Lefty):

.296   .344   .437   
5    22   27
84  206

DeJesus (Lefty - likely defensive replacement):

.259   .323   .375   
5   24   26
82   232

Victorino (Righty - platoon, lead off against lefties)

.245   .324   .298   
1  10  4
33 94

These three moves are an improvement over what they have been getting.  I suspect Murphy might also do a little DHing.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3494 on: July 30, 2015, 11:29:35 am »
This brings back an idea that I floated on Smackie's FB wall one night drunkenly and he never responded to (no doubt because he's stealing it): but why doesn't someone make an IMDB-esque website/app that comprehensively lists all programs/movies but then at a touch tells you where its available for immediate viewing. Make databases of all the major cable/fiber/satellite companies OnDemand services and keep an up-to-date listing of all the major web based ones (Netflix, Hulu/Plus, Amazon/Prime, HBOgo, ShowtimeAnytime, Vudu) and cross-reference them.

Ideally, I'd open the app, type in "Popular" and be given a few choices of TV shows and movies with the word popular in the title. I'd click on the old WB Series and it'd tell me where I can watch it instantaneously and in what resolutions. Ideally it'd also have a graphical representation of which are free and which are PPV. If I sign up for an in-app account then it'll remember and ONLY display the services I get, great. (Perhaps every 3rd or 4th entry it'll point out what I want is on another service with a direct link to sign up which the app would get a kickback from.) If the app syncs to my blu-ray/smart TV/TiVo/AppleTV/Roku/Chromecast and I can click on an available provider's listing in that aforementioned results screen, start the program on my TV, even better.

HOW DOES THIS NOT EXIST? It seems fairly simple to make (in the realm of apps) and folks of my ilk would use it all the time. It would have multiple revenue streams from day one. WHY IS NO ONE ELSE ENTHUSED BY THIS CONCEPT?

Here's a new one I like more than  canistreamit:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.justwatch.justwatch

Much more flexible searches,  and customizable to my service providers.
27>34