Author Topic: You gotta be KIDDING moments  (Read 17628 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: You gotta be KIDDING moments
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2006, 12:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by slowgraffiti:
  oh, i always forget there's another one... i'm going to the one in annapolis  http://www.sjca.edu/asp/home.aspx
ahh, someone i knew from high school went there, looks like an interesting place
(o|o)

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2006, 02:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:
  For what it's worth, I only applied to one university (not quite Ivy, but real close), and I graduated in the top 1% of my high school class with a near perfect GPA. I had no doubt I would be accepted really, so I wasn't worried. However, I applied via their Early Decision program. If I didn't get accepted via Early Decision, there would still have been time to apply elsewhere. Not that there really were any other schools on my radar. Anyway, if Brown is your first choice by a wide margin, you might want to consider Early Decision, assuming Brown has something like that. The best part about Early Decision is that you find out in December and the stress is gone (if you've been accepted, of course). Meanwhile, all your peers are still stressing out until like March or whenever colleges normally send out their acceptance letters.

I'm definitely applying early decision there.

I'm also applying Rolling Admission to the University of Michigan Honors Program. . its non binding and I'll find out in October probably, so if I get in, it will be a huge stress relief.  Not my first choice, but I wouldn't be miserable there, and its a great school.

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2006, 02:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:

Originally posted by Graace:
  On another note on the same topic. . What did you all feel was aspect of your college experience that had the most impact on your overall final impression of it?
1.  Music scene
 2.  Female scene
 3.  Drug scene [/b]
Is it bad that the music scene in a given city/college town is actually affecting my decisions?  Going to shows is probably as big a part of my life right now as it can be for an unemployed 16 year old, and I think I would DIE if there wasn't at least SOMETHING to fill that void.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2006, 03:28:00 pm »
  Is it bad that the music scene in a given city/college town is actually affecting my decisions?  Going to shows is probably as big a part of my life right now as it can be for an unemployed 16 year old, and I think I would DIE if there wasn't at least SOMETHING to fill that void.
that's what the beer is for.
OU812

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2006, 03:31:00 pm »

On another note on the same topic. . What did you all feel was aspect of your college experience that had the most impact on your overall final impression of it?
1.  Music scene
 2.  Female scene
 3.  Drug scene [/b]
Is it bad that the music scene in a given city/college town is actually affecting my decisions?  Going to shows is probably as big a part of my life right now as it can be for an unemployed 16 year old, and I think I would DIE if there wasn't at least SOMETHING to fill that void. [/b]
No way...not bad at all.  There's a little something called Quality of Life...and without that everything else is just bullshit.  That's really the point I've been getting at this whole thread.

ggw

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2006, 03:38:00 pm »
IAN: Oh there's uhh...the other thing is that the uh...the Boston gig has been cancelled.

NIGEL: What?

IAN: Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it though, it's not a big college town.

SPARX

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2006, 03:42:00 pm »

[/b]
Is it bad that the music scene in a given city/college town is actually affecting my decisions?  Going to shows is probably as big a part of my life right now as it can be for an unemployed 16 year old, and I think I would DIE if there wasn't at least SOMETHING to fill that void. [/qb]
No way...not bad at all.  There's a little something called Quality of Life...and without that everything else is just bullshit.   [/QB][/QUOTE]
 Amen to that!

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2006, 03:45:00 pm »
I'm sure you'd find other interests.

1.  Music scene
 2.  Female scene
 3.  Drug scene [/b]
Is it bad that the music scene in a given city/college town is actually affecting my decisions?  Going to shows is probably as big a part of my life right now as it can be for an unemployed 16 year old, and I think I would DIE if there wasn't at least SOMETHING to fill that void. [/b]

Bags

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2006, 04:24:00 pm »
  st. john's
Awesome school...

Bags

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2006, 04:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:

oh, i always forget there's another one... i'm going to the one in annapolis   http://www.sjca.edu/asp/home.aspx  
ahh, someone i knew from high school went there, looks like an interesting place [/b]
That's the one I thought you meant, with the Great Books curriculum.  I kinda wish I'd had the guts to go there...as a 17 year old it made me kind of nervous, being so small and with the unorthodox curriculum.  Very cool.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2006, 04:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chaz Nakatestes, Breaststroking Guy:

1.  Music scene
 2.  Female scene
 3.  Drug scene [/b]
[/b]
Yeah...see...nope.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2006, 04:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chaz Nakatestes, Breaststroking Guy:

1.  Music scene
 2.  Female scene
 3.  Drug scene [/b]
[/b]
oops.  i double posted accidentally.

vansmack

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2006, 06:14:00 pm »
This post, while on a personal level was laughable, on a professional level provided a tremendous amount of insight into the mindset of college applicants these days.  Congrats Graace and Betty, what you've written here is going to be the subject of our next enrollment/recruitment meeting.
27>34