Author Topic: Recommend some good movies!  (Read 258388 times)

K8teebug

Re: Recommend some good movies!
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2014, 10:42:43 am »
Actually the one thing I liked about the Gone Girl movie was how empty Amy seemed. I really liked that part. I loved the way it was filmed, but I could have just waited for netflix.

Speaking of Netflix, FINALLY saw The Master. Loved it. Pissed I didn't get a chance to see it in the theater.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2014, 10:48:05 am »
Caught Nightcrawler last night. That Jake Gyllenhal was great. Movie was entertaining. Don't know if I'll watch it again though. Some parts seemed to drag a bit.

They showed a preview for the new Franco/Rogen flick "The Interview". They are a duo on a popular late night talk show and are asked to interview Kim Jong Un, but the CIA intervenes and asks them to assasinate Kim. Hijinks ensue!
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2014, 10:57:57 am »
i rewatched eyes wide shut last night.  its sucks to realize that you loved a movie simply for the fact of the name attached.  the acting was good and the visuals in parts were nice . . . but it is not that great of a film.  oh well.  im off to watch barry lyndon on this one day off i have, in a while, but its ok.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2014, 10:22:49 pm »
who can i chat about birdman with?

Chat away. 

I thought it was excellent.  Loved the soundtrack.  Edward Norton was great.

were you pleased with the ending? it left me feeling... empty? unfulfilled? I don't know. i'm still torn on that bit.

Edward Norton WAS great and Naomi Watts is at her best when she's playing airheaded, disaffected celebs (i.e. huckabees)
nothx

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2014, 10:24:30 pm »
Caught Nightcrawler last night. That Jake Gyllenhal was great. Movie was entertaining. Don't know if I'll watch it again though. Some parts seemed to drag a bit.

my fav review of this movie. http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/11/04/nightcrawler-movie-xmen-comics/
nothx

ggw

« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2014, 11:21:02 pm »

were you pleased with the ending? it left me feeling... empty? unfulfilled? I don't know. i'm still torn on that bit.

Edward Norton WAS great and Naomi Watts is at her best when she's playing airheaded, disaffected celebs (i.e. huckabees)

I definitely liked the ending (but I also liked the final scene of the Sopranos).  It left a lot to the imagination and there were a number of different ways to take it - some joyful, some cynical, and yes, some empty.  I thought the ending fit in with the 'feel' of the movie - i.e., some of the unreality.

Yada

« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2014, 10:29:25 am »
My wife rented Skelton Twins over the weekend assuming it was a comedy based off the actors in the film, holy shit... one of the most depressing movies I've seen in a very long time.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2014, 10:51:13 am »

my fav review of this movie. http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/11/04/nightcrawler-movie-xmen-comics/
I'm so glad someone ran with this hahaha!
‼‼?‼‼

lagas

« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2014, 11:49:26 am »
whiplash
zorra

i am gay and i like cats

Yada

« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2015, 05:56:11 pm »
We watched The Interview the other night... definitely entertaining.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2015, 06:03:45 pm »
good.  never before have i heard a more flip flopping review from people, regarding that movie.  i would like to see it, but was not sure whether to waste my time to find it.

Yada

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2015, 06:08:14 pm »
good.  never before have i heard a more flip flopping review from people, regarding that movie.  i would like to see it, but was not sure whether to waste my time to find it.

Assuming you have a cable provider, I'm pretty sure most services are offering it for $5 or so OnDemand.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2015, 07:06:12 pm »
i live in the national forest . . . we watch possums, raccoons and skunks the size of small dogs, as our on demand entertainment.

« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2015, 11:17:35 pm »
Just watched Boyhood and I thought it was great. Stamina for the project is impressive, but end product stands on its own
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:20:14 pm by Sidehatch® »
slack