Author Topic: Off Music-Topic: How many vacation days do you get a yea  (Read 16041 times)

bikerchickdc

Re: Off Music-Topic: How many vacation days do you get a yea
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2007, 11:11:00 am »
I get 11 company holidays, 2 "floating" holidays that I can use wherever I want, and I accrue 6 hours PTO every pay period, which equals 12 hours PTO a month. We can carry over up to 240 hours but the floating holidays expire at the end of the year. I think it's a pretty reasonable deal... but I also work from home, travel quite a bit for work, and get "unofficial comp time" pretty regularly. They have to be very flexible with our team's schedules because we're on 24x7 oncall. About every other month I will have to travel last minute and put in some serious hours at customer sites, pull late nights, etc, and when the dust settles my boss always tells me "turn in your expense reports then turn your cell phone off till Wednesday." We're also allowed to travel wherever we want at our expense and work from there; as long as I have Internet access and can get to an airport in less than 90 minutes, I'm good to go.  

One of my co-workers has been on the team for almost 2 years; he just used his first PTO hours last week even though he's had *plenty* of time off. I've had about 6 mini-vacations (long weekend sort of thing) this year and used all of 2 leave days.  I've spent complete weeks hanging with friends in Boston or NYC and not used any leave.

I was getting really jealous at some of the other posts with people who get a lot more leave than I do till I remembered all the other perks I have!

vansmack

« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2007, 04:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by bikerchickdc:
  I was getting really jealous at some of the other posts with people who get a lot more leave than I do till I remembered all the other perks I have!
I would gladly trade my vacation perks to be a biker chick.
27>34

bull930

« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2007, 02:14:00 am »
25 days total(sick + annual)