Author Topic: Zagat's -- Rates Music  (Read 8619 times)

Jaguär

Re: Zagat's -- Rates Music
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2003, 03:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by ??³ ?ømþªÿ Ð?r§:
  I am proud-to-say, "I've never owned a Springsteen album!"
I am proud to say that "I've never, ever even had the slightest inclination to own even one Springsteen song!"  :mad:   The man's music has never done a thing for me except make me want to change whatever was pumping out his music.

ggw

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2003, 03:37:00 pm »
There is Greetings From Asbury Park and then there is everything else.....

mankie

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2003, 03:38:00 pm »
And to think...it was all downhill for Springsteen after Born To Run!

Oh, for the record (pun intended) I own NOT ONE of those albums listed!...although I would pick up Revolver if it ever showed up in a used cd place.

Liberte

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2003, 05:11:00 pm »
Other than as an excuse for people to argue, I thought that list was totally lame.  The age bias in the respondent sample is obvious.

By the way, I own a majority of the albums listed, wouldn't mind owning the rest, and I'm one million years old.  

The problem isn't the music itself (which is all pretty good, at least for those who like the styles and periods they represent).  It's that *one* list for a poorly-defined concept (what the hell is a "top album"?), chosen by a demographically skewed panel, from a *stacked deck* of 2,200 preselected choices across 22 genres and 80 years, is doomed to near meaninglessness.

One hopes that the Zagat people had their tongues planted firmly in cheek while composing the press release about the cosmic significance of their "achievement."

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2003, 05:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
 although I would pick up Revolver if it ever showed up in a used cd place. [/QB]
wont happen. the smug record store clerks but most of  the good used stuff before its prices and put on the shelf. especially classic stuff like that.

walkman

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2003, 06:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

Originally posted by ??³ ?ømþªÿ Ð?r§:
I am proud to say that "I've never, ever even had the slightest inclination to own even one Springsteen song!"   :mad:    The man's music has never done a thing for me except make me want to change whatever was pumping out his music. [/b]
I have no great love for Springsteen a la stadium, but Nebraska is a fabulous album.  And Rhett, finally we see eye to eye ?? Will The Circle Be Unbroken is among my favorite records ever.

Bags

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2003, 11:20:00 pm »
I am with you, Jaguar!!!!!  Blech on the Boss.

Originally posted by Jaguär:

Originally posted by ??3 ?øm<thorn>ªÿ <ETH>?r§:
I am proud to say that "I've never, ever even had the slightest inclination to own even one Springsteen song!"   :mad:    The man's music has never done a thing for me except make me want to change whatever was pumping out his music. [/b]

tooms

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2003, 11:38:00 pm »
Geez, I finally sign up on the board partially at Bags's urging and one of the first things I see from her is "Blech on the Boss"?  Blech on the Raspberries! ;-)

MaLo

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2003, 08:28:00 am »
joshua tree is so overrated

Bags

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2003, 02:43:00 pm »
Tooms, I was wondering where the hell you've been.

I'll take Blech to the Raspberries, but NOT Big Star.  That's where I draw the line.   ;)

Originally posted by tooms:
  Geez, I finally sign up on the board partially at Bags's urging and one of the first things I see from her is "Blech on the Boss"?  Blech on the Raspberries! ;-)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2003, 02:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by MaLo:
very true...
T.Rex

Jaguär

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2003, 04:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

Originally posted by MaLo:
very true... [/b]
I absolutely agree. Then again, I've never really liked U2 but I will tolerate them over Springsteen any day of the week.