Author Topic: The local boys doing politics  (Read 4809 times)

mankie

Re: The local boys doing politics
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2003, 11:12:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  While this is a good idea in theory, I highly doubt that any of the members of these bands know jack about politics.  At least get Bad Religion or somebody else of substance on board so that it doesn't smack of adolescent tantrums.
I say bring Billy Bragg into the picture so we can all get back to smoking those tasty Cuban cigars!  ;)

jadetree

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2003, 11:18:00 am »
Originally posted by mankie:
  NADER, which is really only a vote for Dubya when all said and done.
How many times does this have to be explained to you... oh nevermind

Jaguär

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2003, 03:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  but will anyone of these acts be able to write lyrics which saying anything more than bush sucks lather repeat rinse?  
Exactly! Much like the Communist Manifesto which is great at pointing out the evils and perils of Capitolism yet does absolutely nothing to explain how a nation should be run successfully.   :roll:  I just think too many of these bands, actors, etc., are often too full of themselves and don't honestly know squat about what they are promoting. I can understand wanting to use your voice to take a stand but it should be done with much more responsiblity than most are able or willing to take.

As much as I desperartely want Bush out, that doesn't mean that any old canidate will necessarily be any better. After all, this is exactly how Hitler came into power. He was able to appeal his way in between two oppossing extremes that most of the people refused to live with. Just because it's an oppossing or alternative choice doesn't necessarily mean that it is any better.

With that said, I am very proud to say that I've never voted for any of the Bushes and am even more convinced that I never, ever will.

mankie

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2003, 03:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by jadetree:

NADER, which is really only a vote for Dubya when all said and done.
How many times does this have to be explained to you... oh nevermind [/b]
None, I understand completely..and it's very noble of you....naive, but noble.

ggw

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2003, 03:17:00 pm »
 I say bring Billy Bragg into the picture so we can all get back to smoking those tasty Cuban cigars!   ;)  
Careful what you wish for....

Audioslave guitarist Tom Morello is planning to hit the road with fellow politically minded musicians Billy Bragg and Steve Earle on the Tell Us the Truth Tour this fall. The jaunt is being timed to coincide with campaigning for the 2004 election.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=18721&afl=mnew

mankie

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2003, 03:20:00 pm »

I say bring Billy Bragg into the picture so we can all get back to smoking those tasty Cuban cigars!    ;)  
Careful what you wish for....

Audioslave guitarist Tom Morello is planning to hit the road with fellow politically minded musicians Billy Bragg and Steve Earle on the Tell Us the Truth Tour this fall. The jaunt is being timed to coincide with campaigning for the 2004 election.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=18721&afl=mnew [/b]
Do you think that Bragg is aware that nobody, except markie of course, gives a shit about what he says anymore?

ggw

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2003, 03:23:00 pm »
 Do you think that Bragg is aware that nobody, except markie of course, gives a shit about what he says anymore?
I'm looking forward to a rematch of "The Chin-off"

mankie

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2003, 03:25:00 pm »

I'm looking forward to a rematch of "The Chin-off" [/b]
Or with Bragg and Markie...."Mouth-off"