Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9994543 times)

K8teebug

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #41445 on: May 25, 2017, 01:35:14 pm »
My friend has 2 free lawn seats for tonight's Sigur Ros concert at Merriweather. Let me know if you're interested!

Space Freely

« Reply #41446 on: May 25, 2017, 03:30:11 pm »
My friend has 2 free lawn seats for tonight's Sigur Ros concert at Merriweather. Let me know if you're interested!

My friend is often posting on Facebook that she has  unused tickets to show XYZ. But they're never free. Can I trade friends with you?

K8teebug

« Reply #41447 on: May 25, 2017, 04:05:18 pm »

My friend is often posting on Facebook that she has  unused tickets to show XYZ. But they're never free. Can I trade friends with you?

Well these ARE free.

hutch

« Reply #41448 on: May 25, 2017, 04:07:01 pm »

You want sidehatch?

« Reply #41449 on: May 25, 2017, 04:12:35 pm »

You want sidehatch?
does that mean I should stop wearing this
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #41450 on: May 25, 2017, 04:20:35 pm »

Well these ARE free.

Well good for you friend. Sounds like a good person.

If I had any friends, I'd do the same.  ;)

Not that I blame my friend. We're not all as rich as GGW. But (note to friend) stop pretending that you're doing us a favor by offering up your extra concert tickets at full price. That's what Stubhub is for.

hutch

« Reply #41451 on: May 25, 2017, 04:30:38 pm »
totally agree with you james ford..and god i hate to.. no no just kidding   ;D

some people are so stingy they will even try to get face value back for a ticket that their "friend" could have gotten for cheaper on stubhub.. the seller knows this..the friend doesn't.. .how is that being a friend???

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #41452 on: May 25, 2017, 04:40:31 pm »
Whenever I have an extra or two, its because somebody bailed on me or my concert plans were overtaken by events.  If I offer the extra to a friend, I'd never try to make a profit.

If a "down-on-his-luck" friend had an extra, I wouldn't try to negotiate a discount, or otherwise profit from his misfortune.  If I'm interested in the show, I'll pay face value - what I would have paid if I had gotten off my butt and bought a ticket in the first place!

Yada

« Reply #41453 on: May 25, 2017, 04:53:53 pm »
I think this all boils down to some deep rooted bitterness between hutch/sidehutch over their concert tickets to beer buying ratio over the past 27 years.

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #41454 on: May 25, 2017, 04:58:14 pm »
^that looks horrible dude...this on the other hand looks cool

anyways

Guided By Voices
9-8
Dogfish Head Brewpub
Rehoboth

no cover (show starts at 10).. i have to doubt they will do a 50 song set..but you never know...

https://www.dogfish.com/events/guided-voices

I went to their show at the Brewery in Milford a few years ago....it was an epic adventure.

The show was a blast, but it was a slosh fest even by GBV standards.

The 10% "Beer Thousand" crippled the entire band - and audience - who are more accustomed to lightweight Miller Lite fare.

I ended up backstage after the show (I thought I was in line for a limited edition vinyl pressing) and I guess they thought I was some dude from Dogfish.

I argued/slurred w Tobin about the best GBV record (he was wrong) while bumming his smokes and drinking their beers.  Bob was hammered, huggy and hilarious.  I came close to letting him slide off my shoulder and fall on the ground.

After the awhile, I remembered that my wife and my friend were across the street at the little bar.  My phone was dead and I knew they would be pissed.

To prove my story, I brought Mitchell w me to the bar...he was looking for chicks I guess.  After a couple drinks he started looking funny at my wife.

Anyway, after about an hour a roadie busted into the bar and asked if anyone had seen Mitch - they were loading up the band in the van and heading to the next stop.

At that point, I was ready to turn Mitch back in to the band.

I woke up the next day at a shitty hotel in Georgetown, DE, with an irate wife and a crippling hangover.  

She's still pissed.

Best night ever....see ya 9/8.

GBV forever.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 05:00:50 pm by JohnnyBaconbitz »

hutch

« Reply #41455 on: May 25, 2017, 05:07:06 pm »
I think this all boils down to some deep rooted bitterness between hutch/sidehutch over their concert tickets to beer buying ratio over the past 27 years.

Nope..

hutch

« Reply #41456 on: May 25, 2017, 05:12:32 pm »
I just saw two shows with Sidehatch last week... no problems at all. he even bought me three beers at one

but different people have diffferent approaches to shows... a friend of my partners once invited her to see fleetwood mac... when my partner showed up for the show she was told she owed her like $200... that was not cool, for example...and truth be told i don't think they've talked since.. now they weren't close.. more like longtime friends who would catch up every year or so..but once you get to be a certain age nickel and diming your friends is pretty piss poor..
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 05:14:35 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #41457 on: May 25, 2017, 05:14:13 pm »
yeah.. that GVB special beer killed me..less said the better..  ;D

Yada

« Reply #41458 on: May 25, 2017, 05:28:01 pm »
I just saw two shows with Sidehatch last week... no problems at all. he even bought me three beers at one

but different people have diffferent approaches to shows... a friend of my partners once invited her to see fleetwood mac... when my partner showed up for the show she was told she owed her like $200... that was not cool, for example...and truth be told i don't think they've talked since.. now they weren't close.. more like longtime friends who would catch up every year or so..but once you get to be a certain age nickel and diming your friends is pretty piss poor..

I was joking re: you and sidehutch...kind of.

My approach to shows these days is...

1. Make plans in advance with a friend and we both buy tickets
2. I go last minute and drag my wife along
3. I go last minute solo
4. I go last minute and drag a friend along (if I have tickets in advance which is unlikely, they go for free). If we both don't have tickets, it's every man for themselves if they want to come along.

hutch

« Reply #41459 on: May 25, 2017, 05:46:37 pm »

I was joking re: you and sidehutch...kind of.

My approach to shows these days is...

1. Make plans in advance with a friend and we both buy tickets
2. I go last minute and drag my wife along
3. I go last minute solo
4. I go last minute and drag a friend along (if I have tickets in advance which is unlikely, they go for free). If we both don't have tickets, it's every man for themselves if they want to come along.

well that is kind of my approach.. i go solo a lot though...10 years ago I would buy extra tickets but it didn't work.. even when i had extras for something amazing like the Pogues at the 930 or the Stooges or whatever it just became a big hassle..i couldn't even give them away.... that is what happens when you have friends that don't fully share your interest.. they like music but like if a girlfriend whines they stay home with the girlfriend... and now that in those ten years most of them had kids forget about it..sidehatch is the only guy i really see shows with regularly...i got tired of trying with many others... but i don't mind seeing shows by myself..in fact i kind of like it.. i was reading henry rollins last night.. maybe i'm kind of like him in some ways.. by the way it hit me like a brick reading his book that a lot of his behavior really does seem symptomatic of asbergers