Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9992874 times)

ggw

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #42330 on: October 26, 2017, 08:57:22 am »
Each ticket purchased online for Franz Ferdinand includes a digital copy of their upcoming album, Always Ascending. You will receive instructions via email on how to redeem your album on release day: February 9th 2018

hutch

« Reply #42331 on: October 26, 2017, 09:11:48 am »
Thanks

.they are so good live...I wonder if they will add another dc show?

brennser

« Reply #42332 on: October 26, 2017, 10:24:12 am »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #42333 on: October 26, 2017, 10:29:36 am »
Too bad Nick is no longer in the band  :-\
(_|_)

« Reply #42334 on: October 26, 2017, 03:03:22 pm »
slack

Yada

« Reply #42335 on: October 27, 2017, 10:42:41 am »
Bahamas @ 930 Club on May 6, 2018, new album coming out as well.

Space Freely

« Reply #42336 on: October 27, 2017, 11:09:02 am »

If the new album is as good as the last one, I'll give that a go as my birthday weekend show.

Yada

« Reply #42337 on: October 27, 2017, 11:19:08 am »

If the new album is as good as the last one, I'll give that a go as my birthday weekend show.

IMO, he's never put out a bad album with his last album being my least favorite. I expect another solid release, at least based on the description of the new album (below).

Earthtones is the newest and totally best album yet from Bahamas, aka me, Afie Jurvanen.
I wasn’t feeling too inspired in 2016. I’d been in a seemingly unbroken cycle of recording and touring for 6 years. I know, you’re saying to yourself “that’s so cliché̇, all musicians complain about being tired…” But wait, there’s more!
Not knowing exactly what type of album to make, I was feeling pretty low. But at that very moment, my longtime manager and confidante Robbie Lackritz called and said “dude, you should make an album with D’Angelo’s rhythm section.” And just like that, the juices were flowing and the songs started coming.

I wrote songs about having success, having kids, and having depression. I wrote songs about going on tour, going back in time and going in circles. I wrote songs about my other worldly wife, my jerk dad and my garbage relationship with my brother. Crazy right?!
In Sept of 2016 I flew to Los Angeles and spent three days in the studio with the bass boss Pino Palladino and the titan of time keeping, Mr. James Gadson. No rehearsals, no charts, no rules. We worked fast and came away with 10 songs that sounded fresh and strange and warm and free of any genre. The results were so inspiring to me that I quickly pulled my road band (Felicity Williams, Christine Bougie, Darcy Yates, Jason Tait, Don Kerr) into a Prague studio to record a few more songs. And here’s the best part…the whole thing is produced by my longtime producer and confidante Robbie Lackritz, so you know the sound is correct, totally modern and completely familiar at the same time.

Whoa!

I know! You’re saying to yourself “wait what? The same Robbie from earlier??”

Yes! It’s a story about friendship come full circle, and how great it is to have someone in your life that can lift you up when you’re feeling down.

It’s a very positive album about having a joie de vivre for the joys of life. Okay, full disclosure…there’s a few slow jams too…
Hope you enjoy the music as much as I enjoyed making it.

Look forward to speaking with some of you soon (you know who you are.) haha

Sincerely,
Afie Jurvanen

Space Freely

« Reply #42338 on: October 27, 2017, 02:18:58 pm »

IMO, he's never put out a bad album with his last album being my least favorite. I expect another solid release, at least based on the description of the new album (below).

Earthtones is the newest and totally best album yet from Bahamas, aka me, Afie Jurvanen.
I wasn’t feeling too inspired in 2016. I’d been in a seemingly unbroken cycle of recording and touring for 6 years. I know, you’re saying to yourself “that’s so cliché̇, all musicians complain about being tired…” But wait, there’s more!
Not knowing exactly what type of album to make, I was feeling pretty low. But at that very moment, my longtime manager and confidante Robbie Lackritz called and said “dude, you should make an album with D’Angelo’s rhythm section.” And just like that, the juices were flowing and the songs started coming.

I wrote songs about having success, having kids, and having depression. I wrote songs about going on tour, going back in time and going in circles. I wrote songs about my other worldly wife, my jerk dad and my garbage relationship with my brother. Crazy right?!
In Sept of 2016 I flew to Los Angeles and spent three days in the studio with the bass boss Pino Palladino and the titan of time keeping, Mr. James Gadson. No rehearsals, no charts, no rules. We worked fast and came away with 10 songs that sounded fresh and strange and warm and free of any genre. The results were so inspiring to me that I quickly pulled my road band (Felicity Williams, Christine Bougie, Darcy Yates, Jason Tait, Don Kerr) into a Prague studio to record a few more songs. And here’s the best part…the whole thing is produced by my longtime producer and confidante Robbie Lackritz, so you know the sound is correct, totally modern and completely familiar at the same time.

Whoa!

Yes! It’s a story about friendship come full circle, and how great it is to have someone in your life that can lift you up when you’re feeling down.

It’s a very positive album about having a joie de vivre for the joys of life. Okay, full disclosure…there’s a few slow jams too…

Sincerely,
Afie Jurvanen

So he didn't use D'Angelo's rhythm section? I don't think I will bother with it.

Yada

« Reply #42339 on: October 27, 2017, 02:23:24 pm »

Whoa!

Sincerely,
Afie Jurvanen

So he didn't use D'Angelo's rhythm section? I don't think I will bother with it.

More room for me to dance and brink bottled Budweiser.

shemptiness

« Reply #42340 on: October 27, 2017, 09:45:08 pm »
Bat Fangs
Ottobar
2/15/18

bellenseb

« Reply #42341 on: October 30, 2017, 11:06:30 am »
The Posies (Jon and Ken acoustic)
The Hamilton
1/28