Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10016434 times)

gaaaaaaaaah

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #18525 on: September 09, 2009, 12:55:02 pm »
Wolfmother
930 Club
November 4th

serpent boy

« Reply #18526 on: September 09, 2009, 01:04:13 pm »
Thao with the Get Down Stay Down
Black Cat
Nov. 6

Same night as Nicole Atkins & The Black Sea AND my wedding rehearsal dinner. Damn all these schedule conflicts.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18527 on: September 09, 2009, 01:11:45 pm »
might have to go and check out the food...

The Brand New Heavies
Sat, Oct 24 2009, 8:00P
The Birchmere, Alexandria VA

their last show at the club was a lot of fun.  playing in NYC on Oct 19, at the highline ballroom.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:13:48 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Bopst

« Reply #18528 on: September 09, 2009, 03:34:52 pm »
Chris Bopst is the worst thing to happen to the RVA music scene ever. I will never understand how the fucking bass player from Gwar became a music guru -- hey dude, everything you ever touched was awful.

Do I know you? Obviously, you don't know me.
I've read enough of your Sound Opinions and heard enough of your ill-fated radio show that I feel like you're a member of my family. Specifically, a curmudgeonly, never-did-anything-themself-but-sure-as-hell-can-tell-other-people-how-it's-done, overweight uncle, that we all roll our eyes at.

And let me tell you, Uncle Chris, if there's anything you know less about than good music, it would be dressing yourself. I liked to believe the porkpie hat was just a one-time mistake for a Brick photo-op, but every time your overweight, lower-class ass is out and about in this fair town, there it is, plopped ridiculously on your empty head and engorged torso. If you're going bald and can't afford a baldness remedy, please, by all means PM me your address, and out of my infinite magnanimosity and largess, I'll send you some. Because talentless, tasteless, and unattractive is one thing: but baldness... no one should have to endure that.

Um, stalking is a crime, WEBLEBRITY. Maybe you should get a hobby or something....

hutch

« Reply #18529 on: September 09, 2009, 03:36:59 pm »
Chris Bopst is the worst thing to happen to the RVA music scene ever. I will never understand how the fucking bass player from Gwar became a music guru -- hey dude, everything you ever touched was awful.

Do I know you? Obviously, you don't know me.
I've read enough of your Sound Opinions and heard enough of your ill-fated radio show that I feel like you're a member of my family. Specifically, a curmudgeonly, never-did-anything-themself-but-sure-as-hell-can-tell-other-people-how-it's-done, overweight uncle, that we all roll our eyes at.

And let me tell you, Uncle Chris, if there's anything you know less about than good music, it would be dressing yourself. I liked to believe the porkpie hat was just a one-time mistake for a Brick photo-op, but every time your overweight, lower-class ass is out and about in this fair town, there it is, plopped ridiculously on your empty head and engorged torso. If you're going bald and can't afford a baldness remedy, please, by all means PM me your address, and out of my infinite magnanimosity and largess, I'll send you some. Because talentless, tasteless, and unattractive is one thing: but baldness... no one should have to endure that.

Um, stalking is a crime, WEBLEBRITY. Maybe you should get a hobby or something....

OH don't mind Jilian.. his hobby is being a prick on this board. Just ignore him.

mdh9857

« Reply #18530 on: September 09, 2009, 04:55:55 pm »
Clash of the ego-titans....

The Fame Kills Tour
Kanye West and Lady GaGa
January-February
Dates are popping up but Verizon Center is one of them

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #18531 on: September 09, 2009, 06:45:32 pm »
Matisyahu

Nov. 18 - Richmond, VA @ The National
Nov. 21 - Baltimore, MD @ Sonar
Nov. 25 - Washington, DC @ Sixth & I Historic Synagogue

taxlo

• Taxidermy Lodge
« Reply #18532 on: September 09, 2009, 07:00:43 pm »
Any idea on when The Rapture will go on?  I have to work that night but wanted to know if I'd be able to make their set or not.

12:15ish

redsock

« Reply #18533 on: September 09, 2009, 07:22:26 pm »
Thought about putting this in the trash Red and the Black thread but decided not to.

Wooden Shjips
Black Whales
Oct 25
Red and Black

redsock

« Reply #18534 on: September 09, 2009, 07:27:01 pm »
Amanda Palmer
11/19
State Theater

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #18535 on: September 09, 2009, 08:19:26 pm »
Thought about putting this in the trash Red and the Black thread but decided not to.

Wooden Shjips
Black Whales
Oct 25
Red and Black
Hey hey, I actually would like to see Wooden Shjips. This might be my first R&B show.

teepo

« Reply #18536 on: September 09, 2009, 08:25:58 pm »
cold cave 11/13
rnr

should've been the vl  >:(

Bopst

« Reply #18537 on: September 09, 2009, 08:53:41 pm »
Can't wait for David Cross.

nkotb

« Reply #18538 on: September 09, 2009, 09:06:58 pm »
Ditto.

Wooden Shjips
Black Whales
Oct 25
Red and Black
Hey hey, I actually would like to see Wooden Shjips. This might be my first R&B show.

redsock

« Reply #18539 on: September 09, 2009, 09:42:20 pm »

Wooden Shjips
Black Whales
Oct 25
Red and Black

I like them too, this was the "break the trend" show. Perfect timing to shut us all up, even if it was likely just a complete coincidence.