Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9923494 times)

hutch

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #26925 on: June 29, 2012, 09:27:46 am »
Manzarek Rogers Band
10-12
The Howard

hutch

« Reply #26926 on: June 29, 2012, 09:32:42 am »
Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk
8-24
Hamilton

GA are 33, seated 38

interestingly GA's were 20 for their show at the same venue early this year..

azaghal1981

« Reply #26927 on: June 29, 2012, 10:50:59 am »
This happened. I thought he'd do a live interview segment but he only popped up in a recorded piece about the incident. Still, pretty funny.

This will be hilarious!

Jon Wurster
Today Show
Today sometime in the 7:00 hour.

https://twitter.com/superchunk/status/218521628810821633

This is why: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/flight_attendant_rants_delay_passengers_8Yul9TThRbsb6Om9TJCjBJ#ixzz1z7BfLsHV

Edit: Guess it could be a joke.

Way to ruin the Just Announced thread!
احمد

jrho

« Reply #26928 on: June 29, 2012, 10:57:29 am »
Gold Motel
with von Grey and A City on a Lake

Jammin' Java
July 23

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #26929 on: June 29, 2012, 12:52:55 pm »
As was once said by a leader of a certain group in our society...  "By any means necessary".

I'm worried about you.. with your ill health and constant need for surgery can you afford all this bitterness and hatred? I mean I know you've been unemployed for four years but try to stay upbeat and positive man... Moreover, if you're OK spending your days fighting health insurance companies and trying to get covered for stuff you should be covered for in the first place I can't argue with you man. Live and let live.

Personally I don't get why people would be so bothered about people being able to get health care...seems like a huge step forward to me. To get so worked up about an ill person being able to afford a doctor seems nutty.

No need to worry about me.  I am a big boy and I take care of myself.  However I have not uttered one word of hatred.  (Rusty on the other hand...)  People already CAN get health care.  They can choose to spend their money how them damn well please.  It is not the governments job to get into it though.  Consumers have to fight all the time to get corporations to do as they should.  I have to deal with Comcast frequently.  I guess we should have the government take over the cable companies next since some people choose to spend money elsewhere and "cant afford" cable?

Well that is your opinion and if you enjoy bitchin' at comcast all the time that is your choice. I don't.  Every other industrialized country in the world gives people health care and I don't see them complaining.. they live longer, experience healthier lives and it goes on and on.. I guess we just can't have it in the US according to you?

Personally, I think a healthy society is a better society. Rather than have people go to emergency rooms where we the taxpayers end up paying anyways why not have people buy health care so they can get preventive care?

Up to a few years ago there were close to 50 million people without health care and the numbers were rising. At those rates who knows but maybe 100 million people would lack health care in a few decades? I guess that is ok with you? Not much of a society if you ask me.

There is nothing wrong with government doing things to improve people's health. After all government is nothing more than us. We are the government. Don't we want people to live healthy and long lives? I know I do. I suppose you'd rather they die in the streets cause they didn't make the right choices.

By the way, I am guessing you have no problem collecting unemployment which makes you a big fuckin' hypocrite.

No one GIVES anyone anything.  Someone pays for it.  The only reason people lack health care now is because they choose not to buy insurance and spend their money elsewhere.  If you choose not to buy insurance and assume the risk of getting sick and needing care then that is your PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and not anyone else's job to cover.  I am NOT ion unemployment so you guess (ASSumption) is invalid as the rest of your baseless and very poorly thought out argument.
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #26930 on: June 29, 2012, 12:54:31 pm »
As was once said by a leader of a certain group in our society...  "By any means necessary".

I'm worried about you.. with your ill health and constant need for surgery can you afford all this bitterness and hatred? I mean I know you've been unemployed for four years but try to stay upbeat and positive man... Moreover, if you're OK spending your days fighting health insurance companies and trying to get covered for stuff you should be covered for in the first place I can't argue with you man. Live and let live.

Personally I don't get why people would be so bothered about people being able to get health care...seems like a huge step forward to me. To get so worked up about an ill person being able to afford a doctor seems nutty.

No need to worry about me.  I am a big boy and I take care of myself.  However I have not uttered one word of hatred.  (Rusty on the other hand...)  People already CAN get health care.  They can choose to spend their money how them damn well please.  It is not the governments job to get into it though.  Consumers have to fight all the time to get corporations to do as they should.  I have to deal with Comcast frequently.  I guess we should have the government take over the cable companies next since some people choose to spend money elsewhere and "cant afford" cable?

Well that is your opinion and if you enjoy bitchin' at comcast all the time that is your choice. I don't.  Every other industrialized country in the world gives people health care and I don't see them complaining.. they live longer, experience healthier lives and it goes on and on.. I guess we just can't have it in the US according to you?

Personally, I think a healthy society is a better society. Rather than have people go to emergency rooms where we the taxpayers end up paying anyways why not have people buy health care so they can get preventive care?

Up to a few years ago there were close to 50 million people without health care and the numbers were rising. At those rates who knows but maybe 100 million people would lack health care in a few decades? I guess that is ok with you? Not much of a society if you ask me.

There is nothing wrong with government doing things to improve people's health. After all government is nothing more than us. We are the government. Don't we want people to live healthy and long lives? I know I do. I suppose you'd rather they die in the streets cause they didn't make the right choices.

By the way, I am guessing you have no problem collecting unemployment which makes you a big fuckin' hypocrite.

No one GIVES anyone anything.  Someone pays for it.  The only reason people lack health care now is because they choose not to buy insurance and spend their money elsewhere.  If you choose not to buy insurance and assume the risk of getting sick and needing care then that is your PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and not anyone else's job to cover.  I am NOT ion unemployment so you guess (ASSumption) is invalid as the rest of your baseless and very poorly thought out argument.

Take it to another thread Jackie. Like the Commentary thread. But you're wrong.. insurance companies routinely denied coverage to people with "Pre-existing" conditions like my sister with multiple sclerosis.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:56:40 pm by hutch »

azaghal1981

« Reply #26931 on: June 29, 2012, 01:06:33 pm »
Ratbastard, you sound like a neanderthal. Many societies have tried your "every man for himself" nonsense many times before in history (including the United States in the late 19th/early 20th century) and have all failed miserably. How any human being can read your drivel and not be completely offended by it is unfathomable.

I'll stop with this in this thread now.
احمد

RustyOrgan

« Reply #26932 on: June 29, 2012, 01:59:37 pm »
Yeah - This douche is a real piece-of-work, eh?

Ratbastard, you sound like a neanderthal. Many societies have tried your "every man for himself" nonsense many times before in history (including the United States in the late 19th/early 20th century) and have all failed miserably. How any human being can read your drivel and not be completely offended by it is unfathomable.
I'll stop with this in this thread now.

atomicfront

« Reply #26933 on: June 29, 2012, 02:01:59 pm »

I think there definitely should be universal health care.  Everyone who is in this country legally should have health care and food to eat.  The problem though is that health care is too expensive.  We should try and reduce the costs.  Perhaps we should force people to eat healtier and exercise.

One of the things that really bothers me is there are these rest areas all along our interstate highway system and they are government run.  In some place like say Northern Maine, a rest area is about the only place you can acquire food near the highway.  And the restaurants at these places are typically mcdonalds and burger king.  The government should be promoting healthy food.  In schools, they have soda, french fries and pizza.  What is wrong with this picture.  

Do you know how expensive it is to treat someone with diabetes? Yet the government doesn't do anything to help prevent this.  Tax soda and junk food like you do cigarettes and alcohol.  Use that tax to help pay for healthcare on poor people.  You shouldn't be able to buy junk food with food stamps.

Mandate shorter work weeks and more vacation so people can get exercise.  Mandate bike lanes on most roads. Create more parks in urban areas.  With all the money that this country wastes giving away to other countries or wagin war we could have a better and healthier society.  

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26934 on: June 29, 2012, 02:29:55 pm »
http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/29/12482926-tom-cruise-and-katie-holmes-divorcing?lite

here . . . i'll give you guys something else to discuss/argue about.  shocking!

azaghal1981

« Reply #26935 on: June 29, 2012, 02:37:59 pm »
You began the last argument with a link, too. ;D

But it's hard for me to give half a rat's ass about either of those two.
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #26936 on: June 29, 2012, 02:56:25 pm »
http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/29/12482926-tom-cruise-and-katie-holmes-divorcing?lite

Maybe one of us can be katie's rebound. 

James Ford

« Reply #26937 on: June 29, 2012, 03:18:55 pm »
Since she's used to sleeping with gay men, I'm going to have to go with Walkonby to fulfill that role.

Maybe one of us can be katie's rebound. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26938 on: June 29, 2012, 03:28:27 pm »
nice.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #26939 on: June 29, 2012, 04:14:25 pm »
Posting to say i think the word 'douche' should be outlawed.