Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9926887 times)

Got Haggis?

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #27000 on: July 09, 2012, 10:54:37 pm »
<sigh> http://www.tinymixtapes.com/news/andrew-wk-hosts-panel-at-my-little-pony-convention-what-what-omg-what

Someone please explain the fascination with this guy to me and why people whose taste in music I otherwise trust come all over him.
This includes a few regulars here.

Depends which version of Andrew WK / Steev Mike

Unsanity

« Reply #27001 on: July 10, 2012, 12:04:10 am »
Sun. Sep. 30th @ the Fillmore

Down w/ Pentagram, Warbeast & Haarp

azaghal1981

« Reply #27002 on: July 10, 2012, 12:36:14 am »
Pentagram are playing that shithole and can't get a 930 gig? That's a shame.
احمد

wml7

« Reply #27003 on: July 10, 2012, 07:07:36 am »
DC101 Kerfuffle Sept 15
Jiffy Lube Live
Anberlin, Garbage, The Offspring, Sublime, Foxy Shazam
 ;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27004 on: July 10, 2012, 09:19:31 am »
I like Andrew WK and My Chemical Romance and Muse because its catchy rock music with loud guitars and drums.
Muse is super rad...
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #27005 on: July 10, 2012, 09:37:51 am »
I was once flipping channels and saw some godawful band on an awards show that caught my eye. They sounded and looked like Queen gone really, really, really bad. Not surprised that such crap would be on the Grammys (I think it was the Grammy's.) Turns out it was Muse.

I thought people (and I'm not aying I'm one of them) liked Andrew WK for the kitsch factor. Sort or like he was making fun of the whole fratboy party animal thing. But maybe it's not an act?

Yada

« Reply #27006 on: July 10, 2012, 10:14:28 am »
Is there gonna be an HFStival this year or no?

I would guess not after the attendance of about 565 people last year.

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #27007 on: July 10, 2012, 10:25:18 am »
FILLMORE SILVER SPRING
* Wednesday, 1 August 2012 - Static X, Prong, Davey Suicide, and 9Electric
* Friday, 31 August 2012 - August Burns Red, the Color Morale, and Overseer

WARNER THEATRE
* Thursday, 15 November 2012 - Conor Oberst (of Bright Eyes)

6th AND I
* Thursday, 27 September 2012 - Beth Orton
* Tuesday, 30 October 2012 - Xavier Rudd

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27008 on: July 10, 2012, 01:30:14 pm »
I was once flipping channels and saw some godawful band on an awards show that caught my eye. They sounded and looked like Queen gone really, really, really bad. Not surprised that such crap would be on the Grammys (I think it was the Grammy's.) Turns out it was Muse.

I thought people (and I'm not aying I'm one of them) liked Andrew WK for the kitsch factor. Sort or like he was making fun of the whole fratboy party animal thing. But maybe it's not an act?
They sound nothing like Queen... if anything that shit hole band "fun." sounds exactly like Queen and it's fucking annoying becuase they AREN'T Queen. It's awful. But everyone has their own opinions I guess.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #27009 on: July 10, 2012, 01:33:30 pm »
My apologies to Queen. Muse are bush league in comparison. I just meant they both seem to have an over the top, bombastic quality to some of their songs. Like Adam Lambert.

They sound nothing like Queen... if anything that shit hole band "fun." sounds exactly like Queen and it's fucking annoying becuase they AREN'T Queen. It's awful. But everyone has their own opinions I guess.

wml7

« Reply #27010 on: July 10, 2012, 02:16:04 pm »
Stars 9/23 club
9/24 Charlottesville Jefferson theater
 ;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27011 on: July 10, 2012, 02:27:13 pm »
My apologies to Queen. Muse are bush league in comparison. I just meant they both seem to have an over the top, bombastic quality to some of their songs. Like Adam Lambert.

Haha! I figured that's what you MEANT by your comparison, I'll give them the "stadium rock" label. I won't say they're utter shit compared to Queen though. You butt hurt because "Starlight" was played on the radio?

Like Kings Of Leon fucking sucked after they got airplay, and so did The Black Keys, gah! People are stupid.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #27012 on: July 10, 2012, 03:41:03 pm »
coldplay was awesome last night.  and i think i was the only one in the whole venue standing and shaking my ass to robyn.  go on girl with your bad self.  man . . . coldplay knows how to put on a show.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #27013 on: July 10, 2012, 03:42:11 pm »
wrong thread.

coldplay was awesome last night.  and i think i was the only one in the whole venue standing and shaking my ass to robyn.  go on girl with your bad self.  man . . . coldplay knows how to put on a show.
(_|_)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #27014 on: July 10, 2012, 03:56:29 pm »
wrong thread.

i just announced it . . . any thread i want.