Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9992385 times)

atomicfront

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #27930 on: November 08, 2012, 01:35:33 pm »
And also, tickets sales doesn't equate to better than Neil Young.

I guess Bieber is better than Neil Young too.

I don't know as I have never heard Bieber's music.  

Yeah ticket sales don't matter.  Putting out bad albums for the last 33 years doesn't matter.  Playing awful live shows dont matter.  It doesn't matter because you like Neil Young and more power to you.  I am entitled to my opinion just like you are yours.  I saw Neil and it seemed to me that he was purposely playing songs no one knew to annoy the crowd.  And as there was a mass exodus during his set I think his plan worked.  I don't respect people like him.  Fans pay his bills.  If he doesn't want to perform for them than don't perform.  

I have not attacked you for liking Neil.  I just don't care for him.

I don't care for Jimi Hendrix either.  I am sure he was a gifted guitarist and all but I just don't care for his music. Most likely because it has been so overplayed on the radio. And I think Bob Dylan is the worst singer in history and there is no way I can even get through 2 songs in a row by him. And I don't like Bruce Springsteen either.  I feel he is incredibly overrated.  

but...but Bruce Springsteen sells more tickets than Mumford

and...and Mumford loves Neil Young

head explodes.

but i never criticized anyone for liking Bruce Springsteen or Neil Young for that matter, better than Mumford and Sons.

If you say Neil Young is crap then I think its logical to conclude you're saying anyone who likes Neil Young likes crap.

A better approach is to say "Hey, I don't like it but that's just me..."

Or at least that's the way I see it.. Anyways, judging by your posts here you're a teenager, right? You'll learn.

You mean like when I mentioned something about Of Monsters and Men and someone laughed. 

When I was young I used to like Wham! And I didn't get Bob Dylan until I turned 20 or so....so just hang in there... it gets better.

so what you are saying is that you had good taste when you were young but once you were 20 your life was over so you like old man music?

Anyway thanks for ruining the top 11 albums of all time list.  No wonder no one posts on this site.  Just a bunch of cranky old men.  I am glad I can age and still appreciate new music. 

killsaly

« Reply #27931 on: November 08, 2012, 01:49:04 pm »
You are the one of the crankiest. 

Can we get back to JUST ANNOUNCED?

21 Feb
Hannibal Buress - Rams Head Tavern (Annapolis)

azaghal1981

« Reply #27932 on: November 08, 2012, 01:49:28 pm »
Mehmumford

And now to talk about music that does not suck ass:
ZS/Skeletons USMH 11/27
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #27933 on: November 08, 2012, 02:09:26 pm »
ewwww

I tried to purchase tickets at exactly at 10AM this morning for Mumford and Sons and entered the security code and it was maybe 20 seconds after 10 and I got no tickets are left message.   
(_|_)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27934 on: November 08, 2012, 03:09:02 pm »
And also, tickets sales doesn't equate to better than Neil Young.

I guess Bieber is better than Neil Young too.

I don't know as I have never heard Bieber's music.  

Yeah ticket sales don't matter.  Putting out bad albums for the last 33 years doesn't matter.  Playing awful live shows dont matter.  It doesn't matter because you like Neil Young and more power to you.  I am entitled to my opinion just like you are yours.  I saw Neil and it seemed to me that he was purposely playing songs no one knew to annoy the crowd.  And as there was a mass exodus during his set I think his plan worked.  I don't respect people like him.  Fans pay his bills.  If he doesn't want to perform for them than don't perform.  

I have not attacked you for liking Neil.  I just don't care for him.

I don't care for Jimi Hendrix either.  I am sure he was a gifted guitarist and all but I just don't care for his music. Most likely because it has been so overplayed on the radio. And I think Bob Dylan is the worst singer in history and there is no way I can even get through 2 songs in a row by him. And I don't like Bruce Springsteen either.  I feel he is incredibly overrated.  

but...but Bruce Springsteen sells more tickets than Mumford

and...and Mumford loves Neil Young

head explodes.

but i never criticized anyone for liking Bruce Springsteen or Neil Young for that matter, better than Mumford and Sons.

If you say Neil Young is crap then I think its logical to conclude you're saying anyone who likes Neil Young likes crap.

A better approach is to say "Hey, I don't like it but that's just me..."

Or at least that's the way I see it.. Anyways, judging by your posts here you're a teenager, right? You'll learn.

You mean like when I mentioned something about Of Monsters and Men and someone laughed. 

When I was young I used to like Wham! And I didn't get Bob Dylan until I turned 20 or so....so just hang in there... it gets better.

so what you are saying is that you had good taste when you were young but once you were 20 your life was over so you like old man music?

Anyway thanks for ruining the top 11 albums of all time list.  No wonder no one posts on this site.  Just a bunch of cranky old men.  I am glad I can age and still appreciate new music. 
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #27935 on: November 08, 2012, 04:33:16 pm »
Rihanna Asap Rocky
04/29 Washington, D.C Verizon Center
 ;D

killsaly

« Reply #27936 on: November 08, 2012, 04:51:44 pm »
Metro Gallery
Celebration, Horse Lords, Drums of Death
December 8, 2012

(maybe I can FINALLY catch Horse Lords)

Showlist i do not think you have this one yet...

atomicfront

« Reply #27937 on: November 08, 2012, 04:55:28 pm »
Metro Gallery
December 8, 2012

Cool.  It doesn't look they are selling advance tickets..  I wonder if this will be a sold out show.

killsaly

« Reply #27938 on: November 08, 2012, 05:01:42 pm »
I would check their site later in the month.  The last three events on the page do not have ticketing info yet. 

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #27939 on: November 08, 2012, 05:41:56 pm »

Yup - i actually updated Metro Gallery earlier today, so it'll go up on the site tomorrow.  Thanks!

RustyOrgan

« Reply #27940 on: November 08, 2012, 08:22:19 pm »
Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen are ICONS. Mumford and Sons are a trivia answer!

I tried to purchase tickets at exactly at 10AM this morning for Mumford and Sons and entered the security code and it was maybe 20 seconds after 10 and I got no tickets are left message.   

^^rips on Neil Young, purchases Mumford and Sons tickets, lolz^^

I didn't purchase Mumford and Sons tickets as none were available.  And yeah Mumford and Sons are a lot better than Neil Young.  How hard is that to understand.   And they are more popular as well.   So it isn't just my opinion.  Neil was good in like 1971.  That was over 40 years ago.  Stop living in the past.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #27941 on: November 08, 2012, 09:45:31 pm »
woa?

Surprise! At the Club!
Jane's Addiction
9:30 Club
Friday, December 28
<sig>

Got Haggis?

« Reply #27942 on: November 08, 2012, 09:56:27 pm »
Metro Gallery
December 8, 2012

Cool.  It doesn't look they are selling advance tickets..  I wonder if this will be a sold out show.

i doubt it will sell out...at least not until after doors have opened. drums of death pretty are good too.

wml7

« Reply #27943 on: November 08, 2012, 10:43:19 pm »
woa?

Surprise! At the Club!
Jane's Addiction
9:30 Club
Friday, December 28

tickets 62 bucks
 ;D

fatskippy

« Reply #27944 on: November 08, 2012, 11:32:53 pm »
Mumford and Sons are a lot better than Neil Young.

Mumford himself would laugh at this