Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10656426 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #32325 on: March 12, 2014, 11:45:53 am »
The New Mendicants
May 3rd
Iota

Pernice Brothers and Teenage Fanclub supergroup. 60esque vocal harmonies to dye for..
T.Rex

Hexenjagd

« Reply #32326 on: March 12, 2014, 02:13:01 pm »
Wham City Comedy - local dates
5/01 - Baltimore, MD @ the Metro Gallery
5/02 - Baltimore, MD @ the Metro Gallery*^
5/03 - Washington, DC @ Shaw's Tavern*^

James Ford

« Reply #32327 on: March 12, 2014, 02:23:27 pm »
Sweet. Will probably check that out. I've seen the Pernice Brothers, Scud Mountain Boys, and Joe Pernice solo many times. I'm still kicking myself that I've never seen Teenage Fanclub.

The New Mendicants
May 3rd
Iota

Pernice Brothers and Teenage Fanclub supergroup. 60esque vocal harmonies to dye for..

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #32328 on: March 12, 2014, 07:23:33 pm »
Modest Mouse @ The National
Monday 5/19
$40

Also playing The Norva the next night.  Strange.

Not strange at all.  Bill owns and runs both venues.  Acts are frequently booked at the two on consecutive nights.

When?  I've never seen that.

Edit: I know they are owned by the same people, but usually it's one or the other. Or they space the shows out like they did with Chvrches and Cage the Elephant.  I've never seen them book a show back to back before.

I won't say that it is done with extreme frequency but I have seen it often enough that it is not a surprise at all.  Like with most dates, it all depends on how the open dates at the club line up with those of the artist.
FUKIT

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #32329 on: March 12, 2014, 07:27:45 pm »
Monday 5/19
$40

Not strange at all.  Bill owns and runs both venues.  Acts are frequently booked at the two on consecutive nights.

Edit: I know they are owned by the same people, but usually it's one or the other. Or they space the shows out like they did with Chvrches and Cage the Elephant.  I've never seen them book a show back to back before.

I won't say that it is done with extreme frequency but I have seen it often enough that it is not a surprise at all.  Like with most dates, it all depends on how the open dates at the club line up with those of the artist.

I concur. They did it on close to 50% of their bookings when The National first opened, but less now. As someone on both venues email lists, it happens probably 30+ times a year still.
LVMH

Stillwater

« Reply #32330 on: March 12, 2014, 08:04:51 pm »
Monday 5/19
$40

I concur. They did it on close to 50% of their bookings when The National first opened, but less now. As someone on both venues email lists, it happens probably 30+ times a year still.

I was about to call BS on that and then I looked at the latest email blasts and there 3 shows just in the next week or so that are booked like that.  I guess it's just strange that I never noticed.  Probably because if I see that a band if playing the NorVa I don't worry about the National date.  Hm.

Very well, then...

Hexenjagd

« Reply #32331 on: March 13, 2014, 01:02:43 am »
April 19
DROP ELECTRIC w/ THE WATER, JOSEPH & THE BEASTS and TIME COLUMNS
Metro Gallery

hutch

« Reply #32332 on: March 13, 2014, 12:42:38 pm »
was willlie nelson at mpp announced here?

willie and the family is always great..

K8teebug

« Reply #32333 on: March 13, 2014, 07:11:01 pm »
was willlie nelson at mpp announced here?

willie and the family is always great..

It was.  If it's a nice night, I'm going to grab a lawn seat...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #32334 on: March 13, 2014, 07:19:29 pm »
hes playing the lockn festival this year as well.  hes always old and always high, but good for him.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #32335 on: March 13, 2014, 08:18:44 pm »
Ian Anderson
11/6
Lincoln

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #32336 on: March 14, 2014, 11:21:36 am »
hes...always high, but good for him.

So is 50 Cent.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #32337 on: March 14, 2014, 12:13:28 pm »
The Thrushes show full lineup was announced by Thrushes today:
We're super thrilled to announce the full bill for this show and be back in the warm embrace of old friends!

Monster Museum - We played some of our first Thrushes shows with their prior band, Baby Aspirin. All around amazing people and a great rock and roll band!

Channels- Holy crap, J. Robbins and co's first show in over 7 years! More than psyched to see them. The last Thrushes show was the record release show for another of J.'s bands, Office Of Future Plans almost 3 years ago, so this is very cool!

28 degrees taurus - Our good friends from Boston and an amazing psychpop band. Super stoked to hookup with them again!

Also of note, I believe all the bands feature lady bassists!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #32338 on: March 14, 2014, 04:29:11 pm »
Agalloch added to MDF  5/23
(_|_)

atomic

« Reply #32339 on: March 14, 2014, 06:40:09 pm »
Deer Tick / Langhorne Slim
Black Cat
5/20

Two bands that I hate that I have seen multiple times.