Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9925600 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #42420 on: November 19, 2017, 01:10:26 pm »
Howard Theater, a taxpayer supported venue, has the gall to refuse to tell me what time the main act is going on tonight.

I can't wait until the city folds the Howard Theater. Screw them.

Not letting the public know set times seems to be the new normal.
Only for venues with shitty owners who do not care about their patrons and are empowered to be shit heads by sycophant loser fans who are convinced they’re good people.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #42421 on: November 19, 2017, 02:20:33 pm »
The level of stupidity on this thread just spiked

Dead Milkmen 1-5

If this does not bring Walkie back nothing will..

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #42422 on: November 20, 2017, 12:21:34 pm »
It's poor form to not tell patrons when bands will be on, but if you're a privately run venue, that's your business prerogative.

Howard Theater is supported by tax dollars, they should be required to provide this info.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #42423 on: November 20, 2017, 12:23:23 pm »
It's poor form to not tell patrons when bands will be on, but if you're a privately run venue, that's your business prerogative.

Howard Theater is supported by tax dollars, they should be required to provide this info.
This is some Hutch level grasping at straws to avoid acknowledging Seth doesn't care about you.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #42424 on: November 20, 2017, 03:16:07 pm »
Geez i thought tmul post was idiotic but i still get the julian shaft

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #42425 on: November 20, 2017, 04:44:49 pm »
Scott McCaughey, Young Fresh Fellows, Minus 5, The Baseball Project, REM tours, The Venus 3, Filthy Friends, Alejandro Escovedo and more...had a stroke.

Go fund me is here:

https://www.gofundme.com/c3npfr-scott-mccaughey-medical-fund

Space Freely

« Reply #42426 on: November 20, 2017, 04:55:39 pm »
Scott McCaughey, Young Fresh Fellows, Minus 5, The Baseball Project, REM tours, The Venus 3, Filthy Friends, Alejandro Escovedo and more...had a stroke.

Go fund me is here:

https://www.gofundme.com/c3npfr-scott-mccaughey-medical-fund

I'm going to come off sounding like a total dick here, but as deep and wide as this guy has travelled in music circles, is he really poor enough to necessitate a gofundme campaign to help pay his medical bills? And if he is, Michael Stipe or Peter Buck alone could probably singlehandedly pay off the guy's medical bills  and not bat an eye.

ggw

« Reply #42427 on: November 20, 2017, 05:50:13 pm »
You sound like a total dick.

« Reply #42428 on: November 20, 2017, 05:57:10 pm »
^POTW
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #42429 on: November 20, 2017, 07:11:35 pm »
You sound like a total dick.

What's funny is that I hesitated in posting this, because I thought you in particular would be a dick about it!  Kudos for meeting expectations.

I don't pretend to understand Scott's financial situation. I happily donated a whopping $25. Karma, Space. Karma.

hutch

« Reply #42430 on: November 20, 2017, 07:44:16 pm »
This is a very common problem Space...remember Jay Bennett?

Space Freely

« Reply #42431 on: November 20, 2017, 07:56:01 pm »

Sure, and what's your point? I'm just thinking there are plenty of poor people with huge medical expenses who weren't a touring member of REM as well as a sideman for countless other established music projects for the past 30 years. I'll give my $25 to one of them.

hutch

« Reply #42432 on: November 20, 2017, 08:01:28 pm »
I can't speak to the wisdom of his personal finances but a lot of the time musicians do not make the money one might think...at least not consistently

I met Scott...one of the nicer musicians I have met...wish him the best...strokes suck

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #42433 on: November 20, 2017, 08:01:33 pm »

Sure, and what's your point? I'm just thinking there are plenty of poor people with huge medical expenses who weren't a touring member of REM as well as a sideman for countless other established music projects for the past 30 years. I'll give my $25 to one of them.

Does it mean anything to you that his fellow indie musicians are donating to the cause; i.e. they probably know his situation and see it as reasonable to donate to him (even though he was a touring member of REM for awhile)? Or. Just. Dick?

Space Freely

« Reply #42434 on: November 20, 2017, 09:00:42 pm »

Does it mean anything to you that his fellow indie musicians are donating to the cause; i.e. they probably know his situation and see it as reasonable to donate to him (even though he was a touring member of REM for awhile)? Or. Just. Dick?

Good for them! I would expect his friends to help out, if they can. He's fortunate to have generous friends. Any word on how much Peter Buck (net worth 50 million) or Mike Stipe (net worth 75 million) chipped in?