Author Topic: Decemberists Sell Out  (Read 3447 times)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: Decemberists Sell Out
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 07:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Good.  Maybe next time their gear gets stolen someone else can pick up the tab.
was that directed towards me?

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 01:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  was that directed towards me?
Not intentionally, but I never pass up a joke at someone else's expense.

I was simply pointing out that when their gear was stolen, people were asking the fans to make donations and particpate in a charity auction to help replace the gear, which I thought odd.  Now maybe the label will pay for any stolen gear.
27>34

you be betty

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 05:19:00 pm »
aye

calecp01

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2005, 05:48:00 pm »
I've seen Decemberists twice and solo Colin once and never seen Deerhoof, so as much as I like the Birchmere I think I'm gonna hit up the Black Cat, cause I don't feel like treking out to Ottobar... anyone seen Deerhoof before?  Good live show?

Also, damn, I'd happily party with my Colin Meloy Sings Morrissey disc for $86.

you be betty

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2005, 07:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by cale:
  I've seen Decemberists twice and solo Colin once and never seen Deerhoof, so as much as I like the Birchmere I think I'm gonna hit up the Black Cat, cause I don't feel like treking out to Ottobar... anyone seen Deerhoof before?  Good live show?

Also, damn, I'd happily party with my Colin Meloy Sings Morrissey disc for $86.
I have never PERSONALLY seen Deerhoof, but some friends of mine have; and they are supposed to rock.  

They just played with BlackBlack in LA...if the show here was with BlackBlack, i'd probably stay home from NYC for it.  i'm really bummed that i'm missing BOTH of these...AND the Cake show, too!  sheesh.

mr. pretentious

• This Boy Is Exhausted
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2005, 08:59:00 pm »
The big question for me is whether to see Colin Meloy OR Robert Pollard that night.  Fuuuuuuuck.

hey; should i go see Colin Meloy, or Deerhoof that night?

Darth Ed

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2005, 01:08:00 pm »
  hey; should i go see Colin Meloy, or Deerhoof that night?
I'm kind of wondering if it might be possible to see both. Deerhoff at the Black Cat on a Saturday night, so I'm guessing they probably won't go on until 11:30 or 12:00, right? What time do Birchmere shows usually end? My Colin Meloy ticket says the show starts at 7:30pm...