Author Topic: Mary J. Bilge  (Read 7259 times)

mankie

Re: Mary J. Bilge
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2003, 11:55:00 am »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Portland, another boom in the carpark airport.  Nice people work there too (they all smile!).
I hope they say, "Have a nice day" too!

Honolulu is nice but it fails as far as places to get a bite to eat are concerned.....there's always an ABC store I suppose!  :D

MaLo

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2003, 12:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

my least favourite has got to be dulles, but i've always disliked san francisco international. . .de gaulle wasn't that bad, except for the airport being ugly as sin, oh, and those frenchies.     :)     trying to get to logan is a nightmare thanks to the big dig. . .
The big new addition to CDG isn't that bad...its nicer than the uglier older parts of the airport...and i really don't mind the french all that much.  I used to think those little habit trail moving sidewalk things they have in the older part of the airport were soo cool.

The album photos for U2's 'All that you can't leave behind' were taken in the newer part of CDG...just a little airport/useless U2 trivia.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2003, 12:01:00 pm »
OU812

Venerable Bede

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2003, 12:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Most passengers -- Atlanta
 Most cargo -- Memphis
 Most take-offs and landings -- O'Hare

http://www.airports.org/traffic/traf_y2d.htm
well. . .thank you!

dallas isn't that bad, in fact, i've found that it's one of the fastest airports for getting luggage out to you, and with the baggage claim often a few feet away from the gate, it's pretty nice. . .in that way at least.
OU812

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2003, 12:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  george plimpton died. . .so, there's an author

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&ncid=762&e=1&u=/nm/20030926/en_nm/people_plimpton_dc
Don't sell that Intellivision just yet...

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2003, 12:13:00 pm »
Dulles is a classic of architecture.

"The main terminus is a single, compact structure, not entirely free from formalist tendencies but one which is technically exciting."

Celeste

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2003, 12:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Without a doubt the worst airport IN THE WORLD is DeGaule in Paris.
I tend to agree, in terms of clarity of signage and floor plan, however, I recall the architectural aesthetics were nice, though...just like French people...pretty, but difficult!

Yank

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2003, 12:29:00 pm »

Guiny

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2003, 02:31:00 pm »
Personally i think Denver is the worst, no matter what terminal you fly into you have to take a train to baggage claim. So if you arrive late at night they have one train running, if you dont catch that one your standing there for ten to fifteen minutes waiting for the next one.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2003, 02:44:00 pm »
because of increased airport security the worst is probably kansas city... it was designed as a horseshoe so that one could be driven up to near the gate.  however because of the fact that it has several entry points along the concourse.  there are now full security screening points for every two gates.  meaning that if you need to use the facilaties, get some eating or change planes you have to go through screening.  talk about a royal pain in the tuss.
T.Rex

Jaguär

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2003, 04:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Honolulu is nice but it fails as far as places to get a bite to eat are concerned.....there's always an ABC store I suppose!    :D  
Sorry to hear that it wasn't just me. As far as I was concerned, when I was in Hawaii, I had some of the worst food ever. The exception was at the Kauai Hilton and the Stouffer's Maui and their food was pretty good. Personally, I didn't like Honolulu all that much but I loved Kauai, even more than Maui.

walkman

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2003, 06:49:00 pm »
Pearson in Toronto has got to make the list...at least until they complete their crazy renovations.  Plus, strangely enough, it's staffed entirely with Canadians.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2003, 08:55:00 am »
a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....

WHFS was a progressive radio station which played Little Feat, Bonnie Raitt, and...Robert Palmer (all progressive for that era).

he was an important figure representing an artist that had absolutely no Top 40 success, yet our local radio station made a star out of him. he really was ahead of his time, although it's hard to imagine now.

the most disturbing thing about all of this is that this would imply that perhaps I am getting old as well. which can't possibly be true. I mean, just because I saw Cal Ripken come and go, and Mick is finally looking like an old person...that doesn't mean anything where I'm concerned, right?

right?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2003, 09:25:00 am »
one of my favorite 45's in high school was "Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor Doctor)".  i now recall seeing Mr. Palmer live for the only time during that period and remembering it was quite a cool show.  I regret missing seeing Power Station live...
T.Rex

mankie

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2003, 09:38:00 am »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....

WHFS was a progressive radio station which played Little Feat, Bonnie Raitt, and...Robert Palmer (all progressive for that era).

he was an important figure representing an artist that had absolutely no Top 40 success, yet our local radio station made a star out of him. he really was ahead of his time, although it's hard to imagine now.

the most disturbing thing about all of this is that this would imply that perhaps I am getting old as well. which can't possibly be true. I mean, just because I saw Cal Ripken come and go, and Mick is finally looking like an old person...that doesn't mean anything where I'm concerned, right?

right?
Seth,

I'm probably the oldest member of the board.....I live by the philosophy of, "you don't grow old unless you grow up...so don't grow up!"  ;)  

No matter what your age, when your numbers up....it's up. I just hope my lottery number comes up first.