Author Topic: Mary J. Bilge  (Read 7625 times)

thatguy

• Global Moderator
Re: Mary J. Bilge
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2003, 10:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bubba:
  I didnt know that..... A quick google search does confirm what you are saying. It does look really painful though. Despite the articles I read saying it doesnt hurt, I dont think I would take the chance.........
if you're interested in more information, i've got tons of it.

everyone has a different experience regarding pain, but the long term results are usually worth any momentary discomfort.

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2003, 10:26:00 pm »
What are the long term results that are so great?

Originally posted by thatguy:

I didnt know that..... A quick google search does confirm what you are saying. It does look really painful though. Despite the articles I read saying it doesnt hurt, I dont think I would take the chance.........
if you're interested in more information, i've got tons of it.

everyone has a different experience regarding pain, but the long term results are usually worth any momentary discomfort. [/b]

markie

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2003, 10:27:00 pm »
I read this:

"Doug Malloy, who was one of the 'grandfathers of late 20th century piercing practices' and 'created a number of the piercings now considered standard', wrote much of the ancient history he claimed for piercing himself and that most of this was probably his own invention: 'he never produced any concurrent written records of his findings'"

here: http://homepages.primex.co.uk/~lesleyah/factoids.htm

is that true?

Must have been a great guy to manufacture such a story. I am not sure what I believe now.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2003, 02:22:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  What are the long term results that are so great?
some piercings are purely aesthetic, but some are functional as well.  most genital piercings were designed to enhance the sexual pleasure of either the pierced person, or their partner.

or, to quote a good friend of mine: "it makes fucking better."

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2003, 02:25:00 am »
  is that true?

it does seem likely that malloy made a bunch of stuff up.