Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1758770 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #6075 on: July 31, 2017, 11:18:51 am »
yup last night was a hoot.. cool line-up, nice weather, great evening out!
Agreed. Also, Ex Hex were the best opening band ever. Never saw an opener get a standing ovation (by the whole pavilion) before. I did not envy Andrew Bird for having to follow them!

Ex Hex is currently the best band in DC. I knew they'd be wonderful, but that was the best they've ever performed (and I've seen them like 5 or 6 times). The two new songs shredded. I actually think I may have enjoyed them the most, though the Belle and Sebastian dance party at the end of their set was fantastic.

Darth Ed

« Reply #6076 on: July 31, 2017, 11:44:49 am »
Agreed. Also, Ex Hex were the best opening band ever. Never saw an opener get a standing ovation (by the whole pavilion) before. I did not envy Andrew Bird for having to follow them!

Ex Hex is currently the best band in DC. I knew they'd be wonderful, but that was the best they've ever performed (and I've seen them like 5 or 6 times). The two new songs shredded. I actually think I may have enjoyed them the most, though the Belle and Sebastian dance party at the end of their set was fantastic.
Yeah, I've seen them a couple times before, too, as headliners even, and I've always enjoyed them, but this was by far the best performance I've seen from them.

Kemosabe

« Reply #6077 on: July 31, 2017, 12:35:51 pm »
Thanks again for the block feature Seth, it really is a wonderful thing.  It would be nice if somebody that you block would not be able to see your posts... But this works!

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #6078 on: August 01, 2017, 10:56:10 am »

Yes, thanks IMP/Seth. Truly a good time. My 4th and probably last show at MPP for the year.  Excited to see the results of the additional renovations next summer.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6079 on: August 15, 2017, 07:56:50 am »
Heaven 17 just announced their first ever US show, any chance of a DC show?  Bucket list for many I suspect...
T.Rex

« Reply #6080 on: August 15, 2017, 09:07:03 am »
Heaven 17 just announced their first ever US show, any chance of a DC show?  Bucket list for many I suspect...
I can confirm he still has his pipes when he did the singing for Holy Holy he was unbelievable
slack

« Reply #6081 on: August 25, 2017, 09:44:17 pm »
we really need to talk about this forum top banner
slack

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #6082 on: August 26, 2017, 10:47:47 am »
Super late to the party, but totally agreed re: the B&S/Spoon/Bird/ExHex mini-fest at MPP.

Just a tremdously well conceived and well executed event...

Also gotta agree on Ex Hex - they were/are excellent.

herman otto

« Reply #6083 on: August 26, 2017, 02:35:42 pm »
I wonder, if jesus jones played ever, again, in the future of dc . . . where would they play?

rich_WDC

« Reply #6084 on: August 27, 2017, 02:48:21 pm »
In all the MPP press coverage this summer it's mentioned that I.M.P. has a 40-year lease on the venue.  Question:  Have you arranged for your personal immortality or are you figuring on the Boardies to participate in a Willy Wonka-esque competition to take over the keys to the kingdom?   
It's assumed you don't want to be a cliché, like having a son take over.  And enormously-assumed that LN is not in your Will.

Space Freely

« Reply #6085 on: August 27, 2017, 06:28:27 pm »
I wonder, if jesus jones played ever, again, in the future of dc . . . where would they play?

I'm sure seeing a Jesus Jones/Heaven 17 double bill is on the bucket list of many. Before and after death.

hutch

« Reply #6086 on: August 27, 2017, 11:05:22 pm »
Count me in for Heaven 17 but every time I hear Right here right now I want to blow my brains out

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6087 on: August 28, 2017, 08:55:36 am »
I'll be in Birmingham (UK) the day they're playing Coventry (nearby), but already have tix to see The Divine Comedy  :-\

Count me in for Heaven 17 but every time I hear Right here right now I want to blow my brains out
(_|_)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6088 on: September 01, 2017, 03:17:05 pm »
Illuminati much?

http://www.930gov.com/

herman otto

« Reply #6089 on: September 08, 2017, 04:36:10 pm »
Sure. I'll, send it to you when I get it.  I'm sure, I will have it on Spotify before it even arrives in my mail.

hutch . . . just got the free cd of new lcd album, one week after I have it on Spotify, as predicted.  you still want it?