Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1759569 times)

saintangelsin

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #420 on: September 16, 2006, 02:16:00 am »
I would seriously love it for placebo to come play in November or December. I know that for most of the fall they're playing with she wants revenge. However, they aren't playing here with SWR though. I'll even wait until the new year to see them. I just think it would be totally rad to finally get to see them.

here's a brillant idea...placebo and muse! two of england's finest current bands.

ps- goldfrapp or the knife would totally rock my socks too!

eros

« Reply #421 on: September 17, 2006, 02:27:00 pm »
Hey Seth,

How come my friendly neighborhood Ticketmaster outlet wouldn't sell me a Virgin Festival parking pass?  They told me I either have to do it online (and pay the minimum $14.50 shipping!!!) or buy it at the box office (not terribly convenient, plus I'd kind of like to have the pass in my hands before we get there on Saturday...)

What gives?
ʎɐʍou

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #422 on: September 17, 2006, 04:58:00 pm »

Chulahoma

« Reply #423 on: September 17, 2006, 10:32:00 pm »
the mars volta would be amazing

Darth Ed

« Reply #424 on: September 17, 2006, 11:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by bizou311:
  the mars volta would be amazing
I'll second that.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #425 on: September 18, 2006, 07:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by eros:
  Hey Seth,

How come my friendly neighborhood Ticketmaster outlet wouldn't sell me a Virgin Festival parking pass?  They told me I either have to do it online (and pay the minimum $14.50 shipping!!!) or buy it at the box office (not terribly convenient, plus I'd kind of like to have the pass in my hands before we get there on Saturday...)

What gives?
from Magic Mike, our I.M.P. Box Officer:
 "The ticket has to be printed on special ticket stock to differentiate it
 from normal tickets at a glance.  Outlets can't do that."

vansmack

« Reply #426 on: September 18, 2006, 07:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  from Magic Mike, our I.M.P. Box Officer:
 "The ticket has to be printed on special ticket stock to differentiate it
 from normal tickets at a glance.  Outlets can't do that."
Ca-ching!  Daddy needs a new BMW for mommy....
27>34

Jesse

« Reply #427 on: September 19, 2006, 07:39:00 pm »
Seth, it would be awesome if you could bring the deftones back to the club. i know they're going on tour in november/december

nkotb

« Reply #428 on: September 20, 2006, 10:17:00 am »
Doubt it's possible, but any chance you could book the Fiery Furnaces/Deerhoof tour that's hitting the east coast?  Looks to be a short tour, but they wind up sorta in our area.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #429 on: September 20, 2006, 11:47:00 am »
Is Neko Case playing with the New Pronographers a V Fest?
T.Rex

bnyced0

« Reply #430 on: September 20, 2006, 02:31:00 pm »
"...placebo to come play in November or December. I know that for most of the fall they're playing with she wants revenge. However, they aren't playing here with SWR though. I'll even wait until the new year to see them. here's a brillant idea...placebo and muse! two of england's finest current bands."

Take a look at Placebo's current tour plans, and realize their album came out awhile ago, the current US tour plans are already ambitious due to the relatively lack of sales stateside and the limited resources of their US distributor/label, bottom line is that Seth isn't a miracle worker so I'd suggest you make a road trip if you really want to see Placebo, because after the winter euro dates I think you'll be shit out of luck til next album for any US dates.  

Muse is a better possibility, likely for the late winter/early spring.  

Just my humble opinion.

Darth Ed

« Reply #431 on: September 20, 2006, 10:40:00 pm »
Hey Seth,

The Dears have a US tour coming up. Dates will be announced soon-ish. Please, please, please book them at the 9:30 Club!

Thanks,
 Ed

xcanuck

« Reply #432 on: September 21, 2006, 09:56:00 am »
The Dears have already got an Dec 05 show already listed on Ticketmaster. It'd be great to have a DC show at the 930. And while we're at it, why not another show at Sonar?

« Reply #433 on: September 21, 2006, 09:57:00 am »
I saw the lead singer of the Dears puking his guys out in the Black Cat bathroom. He was claiming it was food poisoning. Yeh, right.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #434 on: September 21, 2006, 10:00:00 am »
Don't you think that the Dears are too big for the 930 Club?!

Originally posted by Darth Ed:
  Hey Seth,

The Dears have a US tour coming up. Dates will be announced soon-ish. Please, please, please book them at the 9:30 Club!

Thanks,
 Ed
(_|_)