Author Topic: Absurd Service Fees  (Read 12075 times)

mankie

Re: Absurd Service Fees
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2004, 03:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

Okay, maybe a stretch. But it's better than writing about local market power mitigation in electric load pockets.      :D  
OOH! Not at all, please elaborate!

And my point was simply that "convenience" is different for different people...just being my usual sarcastic self. Like when has buying from ticketbastard ever been "convenient"? You either get disconnected from the website just as you're about to hit "buy tickets", or have to talk to a complete moron and repeat yourself 50 times when using the phone to buy tickets.

Look I don't care either way, I buy tickets based on wether the event is worth the service charges, because lets be honest, most shows are well worth the face value of the ticket. My only true gripe is that the charges are per ticket when it really should be per transaction. If you're buying 1 or 10 tickets, the computer or moron is still only offering the same "convenience"...oops! There's that word again.

Bags

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2004, 03:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

Originally posted by Bags:

Okay, maybe a stretch. But it's better than writing about local market power mitigation in electric load pockets.       :D  
OOH! My only true gripe is that the charges are per ticket when it really should be per transaction. If you're buying 1 or 10 tickets, the computer or moron is still only offering the same convenience...[/b]
I agree completely.  Alas, I don't have the fortitude or will to give up shows for it (though, I resort to TM very rarely...)

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2004, 03:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
   Like when has buying from ticketbastard ever been "convenient"?
Have you ever had to camp out overnight for tickets to a big event?  Take time off work to go stand in line?  Buy tickets for out-of-town shows?  I find it much more convenient to roll out of bed 10 minutes before tickets go on sale, logon to my computer, get tickets and usually be back in bed a few minutes later.

You either get disconnected from the website just as you're about to hit "buy tickets"

The only problem I've ever had with the website is finding that their server is too busy to handle the load on big sale days.  I've never been disconnected.

I have lots of issues with Ticketmaster, but I won't argue with their convenience.