Author Topic: Touch & Go 25th Anniversary!  (Read 3717 times)

K8teebug

Re: Touch & Go 25th Anniversary!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 10:34:00 am »
That would be awesome!  And it's the day before my last 20 something birthday.

BookerT

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 03:49:00 pm »
let's hear some reports...

shoot ur shot

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 04:00:00 pm »
there are some on stonerrock.com (live reviwes section) and board.crewcial.org (touch & go 25th thread).. probably some on the electrical board too

but, basically -
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3X6GAfM1EI

anarchist

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 10:43:00 pm »
sat was best. it rained all day sunday.  sat had pegboy,killdozer,sally timms,sratch acid,man astro man(other stage),big black started with firecrackers did 3-4 songs and ended with shellac.  was supposed to end at 10pm.  shellac went until 10:30pm.  the venue was kind of weird.  it was across the street from the announcer tim tuten's bar the hideout.  it was a lot where the city usually parks trash trucks.  not a tree or a blade of grass to be seen.  they supposidly had 7000 people on saturday.  by the time sa played it was packed.  touch and go's cory rusk was front and center for most sets.  i wondered why the most famous t+g act was not there (butthole surfers).  apparently they sued and won rights to all their catalog on t+g.  t+g mo is a handshack 50-50 split with bands.  apparently this does not hold up in court.  this might have been the best festival this summer.  bands that i never heard of that were real good were the shipping news and uzeda.

SPARX

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 01:59:00 am »
Originally posted by anarchist:
  .    i wondered why the most famous t+g act was not there (butthole surfers).  apparently they sued and won rights to all their catalog on t+g.  
On August 18(my birthday) 2006, Gibby announced a new Butthole Surfers record is in the making.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butthole_Surfers

nkotb

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 09:28:00 am »
Man, I wish I could get excited about that.  But they've been in a terrible downward spiral over the past few years.  Hell, I can still even enjoy the album with Pepper on it, but The Weird Revolution is just PAINFUL, IMO.  

Such a shame too; I'd put their T&G discs as one of my favorite runs of any band of all time.  Pure  evil genius.

Originally posted by SPARX:

Originally posted by anarchist:
  .    i wondered why the most famous t+g act was not there (butthole surfers).  apparently they sued and won rights to all their catalog on t+g.  
On August 18(my birthday) 2006, Gibby announced a new Butthole Surfers record is in the making.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butthole_Surfers [/b]

SPARX

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 01:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Man, I wish I could get excited about that.  But they've been in a terrible downward spiral over the past few years.  Hell, I can still even enjoy the album with Pepper on it, but The Weird Revolution is just PAINFUL, IMO.  

[/b]
[/QB]
Call me crazy but I even dug his latest release as Gibby Haynes and his Problem. Redneck Sex is a frickin excellent track. His stint with the Jack Officers was interesting as well.