Author Topic: $12.25? Go fuck yourself, Tickets.com  (Read 20805 times)

tooms

Re: $12.25? Go fuck yourself, Tickets.com
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2003, 10:33:00 pm »
Getting back to the orginal topic of this post---can someone (maybe Seth or another 930 club staffer) tell me why the 930 club charges a $1 service charge for their own shows at their own box office?  I think the 930 club does a good job running shows, and not that the $1 fee is outrageous compared to TM or Tickets.com, but that doesn't make much sense to charge a fee when there's no processing, handling or delivery fee.  

And on the day of the show, if tix are still left, the club doesn't charge the extra $1.  So there's no way getting around paying a service fee if you want to buy advance tix for a 930 club show (BTW, MCI Center does the $1 fee at their box office for advance shows/events, but not on the day of the event).

Does anyone know why this is?

ggw

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2003, 10:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by tooms:
  Getting back to the orginal topic of this post---can someone (maybe Seth or another 930 club staffer) tell me why the 930 club charges a $1 service charge for their own shows at their own box office?  I think the 930 club does a good job running shows, and not that the $1 fee is outrageous compared to TM or Tickets.com, but that doesn't make much sense to charge a fee when there's no processing, handling or delivery fee.  

And on the day of the show, if tix are still left, the club doesn't charge the extra $1.  So there's no way getting around paying a service fee if you want to buy advance tix for a 930 club show (BTW, MCI Center does the $1 fee at their box office for advance shows/events, but not on the day of the event).

Sounds suspicious.

It's like they're trying to make money or something.......

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2003, 01:53:00 am »

some reasons:

it costs money to pay someone to sell you tickets.  it costs money to maintain the computer equipment necessary to sell you tickets.  it costs money to buy the stock that the tickets are printed on.  

if you don't want to pay $1 to guarantee that you can see your favorite artist, you can wait until the night of the show to buy a ticket with no charge whatsoever, as long as the show isn't sold out.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2003, 07:35:00 am »
  can someone tell me why the 930 club charges a $1 service charge for their own shows at their own box office?
to keep the forum lively

mankie

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2003, 09:44:00 am »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:

can someone tell me why the 930 club charges a $1 service charge for their own shows at their own box office?
to keep the forum lively [/b]
You should raise it to $5 and really get things going.

Bags

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2003, 09:58:00 am »
I've never had a problem about $1, or really given it a second thought.  I figure it's the cost of keeping the box office open noon - 7:00, when the club isn't open.

tooms

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2003, 02:48:00 pm »
i understand the reasons for running the computer, stock, etc., I'm sure that's those are legit costs.  I think the 930 club is one of the better-run clubs out there.

but it does sound a bit like TM's reasoning (albeit they are whores and the 930 club is not). why not just build the costs into the price of the tickets?

also, it still doesn't explain why the service charge disappears the night of the show...the box office people still have to be paid and the tickets still have to be printed that night, too.

Jaguär

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2003, 03:00:00 pm »
You get cheap carnival stock tickets the night of the show.

Bags

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2003, 03:03:00 pm »
  also, it still doesn't explain why the service charge disappears the night of the show...the box office people still have to be paid and the tickets still have to be printed that night, too.
Actually, they don't print you a ticket on the night of a show.  They just give you one of those little tear off carnival-type generic tickets.

edit -- oops, Jag, didn't see your answer.  Funny we both referred to them as carnival tickets!

Jaguär

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2003, 03:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:

Actually, they don't print you a ticket on the night of a show.  They just give you one of those little tear off carnival-type generic tickets.

edit -- oops, Jag, didn't see your answer.  Funny we both referred to them as carnival tickets! [/b]
:D    :D  

Well, you know what they say:

Great minds think alike.   ;)

mankie

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2003, 04:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  You get cheap carnival stock tickets the night of the show.
Then why can't they give out carnival tickets all the time and fuck tickets.scam?

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2003, 02:27:00 am »
Originally posted by mankie:

Then why can't they give out carnival tickets all the time and fuck tickets.scam? [/b]
carnie tickets don't exactly have the same anti-forgery features that printed tickets do.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2003, 09:54:00 am »
Originally posted by thatguy:

Then why can't they give out carnival tickets all the time and fuck tickets.scam? [/b]
carnie tickets don't exactly have the same anti-forgery features that printed tickets do. [/b]
Not to mention the old "What color are the tickets tonight?" If you bought several shows you'd have to remember what color for what show!

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2003, 08:05:00 am »

Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:

to keep the forum lively [/b]
You should raise it to $5 and really get things going. [/b]
I like your style