Author Topic: Snailhook...  (Read 84725 times)

mattedling

Re: Snailhook...
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 10:27:00 am »
what about Wooden Shjips?  They're coming out to louisville in June and to New York in Sept.  Anyway to convince them to make a stop in DC on one of those trips?  And a second vote for Voice of the Seven Woods.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 10:40:00 am »
can i play to?

the features
 the grip weeds
 the shazam
 the witches or some other troy gregory project
 two lone swordsmen
 the red button
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 11:10:00 am »
I didn't include this one because I've asked for them about 10x in different threads and in person already.
 And Two Lone Swordsmen is a great call.

Originally posted by med:
  what about Wooden Shjips?  They're coming out to louisville in June and to New York in Sept.  Anyway to convince them to make a stop in DC on one of those trips?  And a second vote for Voice of the Seven Woods.
احمد

nkotb

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 12:49:00 pm »
Absolutely not.  Oh wait...

I'll throw in my hat for Wooden Shjips and also throw out Oneida.  Haven't seen them in a while.

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  NKOTB, is it ok if I turn this thread into the snailhook equivalent of the "hey seth" thread?

mattedling

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »
If we could also get Human Bell from B-more down here it'd be nice.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 01:03:00 pm »
Nora Keyes...
(_|_)

SPARX

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 02:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguar:

You should also check out The Stevenson Ranch Davidians. Would love for Snail to book them! They just told me recently that they want to tour more but so far they haven't been able to get past the Mississippi River. Sparx will back me up on this band.
Definitely. Hopefully Darren from the Tyde or Rob from the Quarter After will bring them along next time they come this way. They're all from the same area and help each other out in the studio on occasion. Hell, they'd even make a great doublebill with the BJM if they could put up with Anton for the duration of a tour. They deserve to cross the mighty Mississippi.

SPARX

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »
Speaking of Rob C, the quarter after have some of their new stuff up at the committee site:

http://www.thecommitteetokeepmusicevil.com/

azaghal1981

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 03:17:00 pm »
Gown
 Evan Miller
 Ilyas Ahmed
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 12:22:00 pm »
Snail, you should try to get Hammock. I bet they will play if you ask them nicely. Maybe for that special something on the DC side that you told me about. Generally speaking, that audience knows and loves Hammock.

Side note: Just break out the extra stools and chairs.    ;)

azaghal1981

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 12:28:00 pm »
Would love a full Hammock set.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 09:52:00 pm »
Thee American Revolution (Robert Schneider/Bill Doss' supposedly heavy psych band) would be cool to see if you deem them worthy after catching them at Terrastock. I've no idea what they sound like; thinking it could go either way.
احمد

snailhook

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 02:43:00 pm »
ok, i'll play along:

Big Blood? don't know them...
 Visitations? i'm tight with time-lag, so if they ever tour this way, i'll book it.
 Ex-Cocaine? i'm sure i'll get them if they come this way as well.
 Religious Knives/Woods again (missed last summer's show due to being violently ill)? i'm really tight with religious knives; they will definitely be back in dc by the end of the year. don't know about woods, but that's likely at some point.
 PG Six? good friend...will definitely be here by the end of the year.
 Carlos Giffoni again? whenever carlos gets someone like merzbow or masonna to come to the states, he'll probably ask me to do a dc show.
 Kemialliset Ystävät? kohoutek was supposed to play with them in baltimore at the end of this month, but the bill ended up being too full. their booker skipped on dc, but i tried to get them. maybe next time...
 Theo Angell? i don't know theo personally but am a fan of hall of fame and am friends with samara lubelski. if theo wanted to play here, he's got a gig.
 Brightblack Morning Light? i think they go through windish, so that means they'd be at the black cat or blowtel next time around. they were pretty good when i booked them with espers in 2006.
 Alcest? don't know...
 Anvil Salute? don't know...
 Birchville Cat Motel? i know campbell really well and next time he's in the states, he'll probably play dc. BCM at 611 florida in january 2005 was amazing.
 Black Forest/Black Sea? i'm tight with jeffrey alexander; in fact, kohoutek is playing with them in pittsburgh before we go to terrastock next month. since BF/BS is now in pittsburgh, i'm sure they'll come to dc soon.
 Circulatory System? love these guys and know them ok, but i don't know if they have any plans to tour again.
 Death Ambient? not familiar...
 Fursaxa? tara's a good friend; in fact, i'm putting out a dvd of the 2nd free folk phantasmagory with her and jack rose and samara and tono-bungay and paul metzger. she'll be back here eventually.
 Directing Hand? i love alex nielson and would love to get him here. i know the volcanic tongue folks, so my guess is they'll tell him to talk to me if he ever comes to the states.
 Earthless? love 'em. i emailed them in ocotber when they were here for CMJ. they are interested in hitting dc next time they are on the east coast. that might be next year or longer than that, though. they don't get to tour often.
 Voice of the Seven Woods? don't know...
 Pocahaunted would be awesome too. yeah, that would be awesome. don't know her personally, but i think christina carter is close to her.
 what about Wooden Shjips? definitely will be playing here if they want to. i talked to them at CMJ, too. kohoutek is playing on saturday at terrastock with them, so i'm sure there will be plenty of psych-geek bonding.
 the features think i saw them at the 9:30 once, but i could be wrong. wasn't really my thing, though that's not to say i wouldn't book them.
 the grip weeds have only heard of them.
 the shazam don't know...
 the witches or some other troy gregory project don't know...
 two lone swordsmen these guys are still around? i'd book 'em.
 the red button not familiar...
 Oneida playing with them at terrastock, too. they go through kork, which means black cat or blowtel most likely, unless i convince them otherwise.
 Human Bell i know dave and nathan well, and there are plans to do a human bell/ultimate vag dc show and maybe even mini-tour together. they'll be in dc soon.
 Nora Keyes... she is excellent. saw her at arthur fest and the bank once. would definitely book her if she hits the east coast again.
 The Stevenson Ranch Davidians would love to book them...
 Gown is this the gown from california that's related to amps for christ or the gown from massachusetts that plays with thurston moore in the bark haze? i like them both; kohoutek played with the latter gown in amherst last year.
 Evan Miller booked him once with rac-oo-oooo-ooo-oon. he's great.
 Ilyas Ahmed don't know...
 Hammock i'll book them if they can be convinced to play dc again. they seem really particular. could be a possibility for wallofsound fest.
 Thee American Revolution (Robert Schneider/Bill Doss' supposedly heavy psych band) not a fan of schneider's apples material post-1997, and really not a fan of bill doss (the sunshine fix was pretty terrible at terrastock in 2002). i can't imagine this being "heavy psych". maybe it's decent psych-pop.

if you guys really want some of these bands to play here, email/myspace them and pass on my information. i can always use a little help...

azaghal1981

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 12:03:00 pm »
Cool...thanks for going through each one.

Was referring to the Massachusetts Gown.

And I know Circulatory System do small low-key shows in GA once in a while; their last proper tour was in the fall of 2006 I think? They seem to finally be making progress towards the release of that new album though (new tracks on their myspace) so that may hopefully result in a lack of touring  changing soon.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 01:06:00 pm »
Thanks! I saw her at ArthurFest as well  ;)

Originally posted by snailhook:
  ok, i'll play along:

Nora Keyes... she is excellent. saw her at arthur fest and the bank once. would definitely book her if she hits the east coast again.

(_|_)