Author Topic: Radiohead Roll Call  (Read 71522 times)

grotty

Radiohead Roll Call
« on: May 06, 2008, 09:08:00 am »
Sunday itinerary:

Leave early.
 Check in @ the swanky Hampton Inn.
 Watch Pens/Flyers game @ an alleged nearby TGIF.
 Sample an Old Dominion beverage(s).
 ~Head to the PIT~

It sounds like a perfect Mother's Day. I hope she enjoys it...

miss pretentious

• ohai.
Re: Radiohead Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 09:16:00 am »
i'll be there fairly early. probably with a cooler of beverages and some picnic style lunch. good times.
nothx

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 09:20:00 am »
I will be there. No exciting hockey/lunch related plans.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 09:25:00 am »
My post radiohead plans include fighting over who gets the hammock with vansmack and bombay in order to watch the post concert fallout...
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 09:31:00 am »
very psyched for this concert.  first show of the tour was last night... anyone interested in set list, pix, vids, commentary, etc should head over to  AtEase  (among other fan sites that have similar info).

i'm her slave: depending how early you wanna check in, you might want to call the hotel and make sure they'll let you.  anything before 3 PM might require advance notice.

closest TGIF is still some five miles away from nissan, be sure to leave yourself enough time to get through the traffic, parked and inside nissan.  game is a 3:00, so it might be kinda tight.  be prepared to leave TGIF the second it's over, and pray for no overtime.

Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  i'll be there fairly early. probably with a cooler of beverages and some picnic style lunch. good times.
yeah, that's my plan too.  be careful of what kind of beverages you pack in that cooler.  alcohol isn't allowed in the parking lots, i've heard that nissan can be strict about that, so keep the drinking on the DL.  i plan on bringing a little something to spike my soda (beer is too messy and obvious).
<sig>

MaLo

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 09:32:00 am »
i'll be there..but what time does the show start that everyone is bringing lunch?

grotty

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 09:33:00 am »
Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:
  I will be there. No exciting hockey/lunch related plans.
come watch the game @ tgif. i will only chide you gently about Hossa

grotty

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 09:38:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  very psyched for this concert.  first show of the tour was last night... anyone interested in set list, pix, vids, commentary, etc should head over to  AtEase  (among other fan sites that have similar info).

i'm her slave: depending how early you wanna check in, you might want to call the hotel and make sure they'll let you.  anything before 3 PM might require advance notice.

closest TGIF is still some five miles away from nissan, be sure to leave yourself enough time to get through the traffic, parked and inside nissan.  game is a 3:00, so it might be kinda tight.  be prepared to leave TGIF the second it's over, and pray for no overtime.

thanks for the tips! i was thinking game was @ 2. tivo works for that then. (sometime i'll expound on my theory of why: Music Is Always Better Than Sports.)

i think last time i was @ Nissan was a PJ show with Her Commandant Kosmo.

i've taken a vow not to check setlists, etc. it's killing me: $$ wagered on the opener.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 09:38:00 am »
Originally posted by MaLo:
  i'll be there..but what time does the show start that everyone is bringing lunch?
according to livenation:

Radiohead Show Info:
 Lots: 4:00 PM
 Doors: 6:00 PM
 Show: 7:30 PM
the problem is the traffic.  if you can make it from DC to nissan in less than 2 hours, you're lucky.  so the idea is that rather than spend that time in a car hoping you don't miss any of the show because you're stuck in traffic, get there early and tail-gate (as much as nissan lets you tail-gate).
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 09:52:00 am »
little traffic on weekends...

the problem is the traffic.  if you can make it from DC to nissan in less than 2 hours, you're lucky.  so the idea is that rather than spend that time in a car hoping you don't miss any of the show because you're stuck in traffic, get there early and tail-gate (as much as nissan lets you tail-gate). [/QB]
(_|_)

Arthwys

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 09:57:00 am »
I'll be there.  My first show at Nissan.  Used to hit up Hershey instead of Nissan, but that was when I was living near the PA line.  

This will also be the first time seeing Radiohead since the abortive first day of the two Bull Run dates back in '01.  So far the only live Radiohead I've gotten is hearing a soundcheck through the trees while sweltering in 95 degree heat.  I'm very much looking forward to being under a roof this time.
Emrys

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 10:00:00 am »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
not true, especially on friday and sunday evenings: VA beach traffic, weekenders in Shenandoah, etc.  i once missed half of a friday night show at nissan b/c it took us 3+ hours to get from DC to bristow.  but having been traumatized by 3 mile an hour traffic before, i might be overly sensitive to this issue     :eek:
<sig>

RustyOrgan

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 10:47:00 am »
Sold my 4 PIT tickets for $900 - Would have liked to see the show, but...

walkonby

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 11:01:00 am »
i passed up section 101 because i'm taking my mommy out to a nice dinner for mother's day.  awww to me.  thom would understand.

Sage 703

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 11:47:00 am »

Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
not true, especially on friday and sunday evenings: VA beach traffic, weekenders in Shenandoah, etc.  i once missed half of a friday night show at nissan b/c it took us 3+ hours to get from DC to bristow.  but having been traumatized by 3 mile an hour traffic before, i might be overly sensitive to this issue      :eek:  [/b]
Sunday evening, you're going against the traffic flow.  Beach traffic is returning to DC, not heading out of it.