Author Topic: Radiohead Roll Call  (Read 71515 times)

eros

Re: Radiohead Roll Call
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 10:46:00 am »
Originally posted by K8teebug:
  Did anyone catch Radiohead "In the Basement" this weekend?  You are in for one fantastic show.
It was on MTV-HD over the weekend.  I've got it on my DVR waiting for me.
ʎɐʍou

K8teebug

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2008, 10:47:00 am »
They played it a bunch, so I'm sure it'll be on again.  It was really good.

Arthwys

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 11:02:00 am »
Section 102 row U!!!

Beats section 305 by a long shot.
Emrys

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2008, 11:27:00 am »
Originally posted by wml7:
  Shit!!! Now I just pulled a section 101 row C, oh well.
102/E is better.  center section > moving forward 2 rows.

i pulled up a pair in 101/F... craziness.
<sig>

grotty

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 01:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by wml7:
  Shit!!! Now I just pulled a section 101 row C, oh well.
102/E is better.  center section > moving forward 2 rows.

i pulled up a pair in 101/F... craziness. [/b]
This happened to me a few years ago for the Cleveland gig. Just randomly checked day of show & got beside sound board. They must reserve a lot for setup & then throw them back.

It's a great trick for tickets to most shows/events. Start checking a few days prior. Got 15th Row Prince once hours before too. Nothing beats a face value score to a 'sold out' show.

wml7

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »
They freaking still have good seats available.  I need to get rid of my section 201 sea. Hope people don't know about the ticketmaster thing or that it hurry up and sells out haha.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 07:04:00 pm »
Went to the Tampa show. They definitely teased "Hunting Bears" for like, 10 seconds. Totally amazing. The way it looks, they'll be rotating 5 new songs into the setlist every night, while there are general "tour staples" that take up the bulk of the show.

"House of Cards" was kinda dull. Rest of the show, AMAZING!
Woof.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2008, 08:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by ixkpd-bk:
 The way it looks, they'll be rotating 5 new songs into the setlist every night, while there are general "tour staples" that take up the bulk of the show.
right, but those "tour staples" being mostly from In Rainbows.  for the past few years, tour staples have been fake plastic trees, paranoid android, etc... which they haven't played so far on this tour and might be off the menu completely.  they're probably tired of playing those songs anyways  :)
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »
  Went to the Tampa show.
How big was the shit Thom Yorke took on stage?
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2008, 08:17:00 pm »

The way it looks, they'll be rotating 5 new songs into the setlist every night, while there are general "tour staples" that take up the bulk of the show.
right, but those "tour staples" being mostly from In Rainbows.  for the past few years, tour staples have been fake plastic trees, paranoid android, etc... which they haven't played so far on this tour and might be off the menu completely.  they're probably tired of playing those songs anyways   :)  [/b]
I've seen Radiohead 8 times and only heard them play Fake Plastic Trees once. (Tibetan Freedom Concert 98), same with Karma Police.

I have heard Android every single time but the time i saw them before that song existed.

but i have chosen to not look at setlists and be surprised to hear what i hear. I cant WAIT to hear the In Rainbows stuff, esp. Jigsaw and Videotape.

i'll be in the PIT, yo.

grotty

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2008, 08:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
  [
   i'll be in the PIT, yo...
buying me beers with your [advanced] Pens prize money.

what % of the PIT will be comprised of 9:30 forum member?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2008, 09:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by i'm her slave:
a very very small percentage.  while there will be many boardees in the pit, the pit itself will be huge.  i had pit tickets, but decided to trade for 4th row seats.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2008, 10:48:00 pm »

Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
  [
   i'll be in the PIT, yo...
buying me beers with your [advanced] Pens prize money.

what % of the PIT will be comprised of 9:30 forum member? [/b]
i think you should be buying ME beers for actually rooting for that dreadful excuse for a team who wears Black & Gold!  ;)

sonickteam2

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2008, 10:51:00 pm »

a very very small percentage.  while there will be many boardees in the pit, the pit itself will be huge.  i had pit tickets, but decided to trade for 4th row seats. [/b]
you know sweetie, I think that was a joking remark.  But i guess i could be wrong, you always seem to give such detailed responses when I so often think ppl just know and are being smart or should know.

Like, who doesnt know what time check-in is at a hotel?? really?  but hey, i admire you for so patiently giving people, albeit rather obvious, such a wealth of information!

great job!  but a big thumbs down for opting for seats...pretty lame  ;)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2008, 11:07:00 pm »
fair enough.  apologies if it's common knowledge that the pit at nissan is huge, as compared to every other venue on this tour.  i've probably spent too much time over-thinking this show & tour.

i pointed out hotel check-in time because it was the same as face-off for the game he wants to watch... and is it turns out, he had face-off time wrong, so i feel vindicated on that one   :p  

i think that swapping for seats was the best move ever.  i'll have a raised view, the ability to leave my spot and come back to it, and the knowledge the the altitude-challenged folks i'll be with can see something other than the back of someone's head.  or maybe i'm just getting old      :confused:
<sig>