Author Topic: Virgin Music Festival @ Pimlico  (Read 61178 times)

Bags

Virgin Music Festival @ Pimlico
« on: June 30, 2006, 09:00:00 pm »
Okay, this REALLY needs its own thread.  

Rumors, news, opinions, exclamations and laments here.

Mobius

Re: Virgin Music Festival @ Pimlico
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 09:13:00 pm »
This festival should be held at the 9:30 Club

Mobius

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 09:22:00 pm »
. . . .  or Bull Run

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 10:00:00 pm »
After doing a little research, it appears that the odds are very high that Massive Attack will not be on the bill. HALEF*NGLUJAH!!!! My reasoning is that they are due to play in LA the next day. Though it's possible, I doubt that they would play a gig (probably headlining or close to) on one coast only to have to pack up and play again the next day on the other coast. But...it is possible. I suspect that we get the God awful Red Hot Chili Shits in place of Massive Attack. If I were planning to attend, I would be so disappointed. Instead, I'll be smiling and gazing away down the road in Fredericksburg.

Would be great if Massive Attack plays the 9:30 Club at some point. But not Sept. 23rd (Walls Of Sound Fest)/(Virgin Music Fest) or Sept. 16th (Pop Noise Fest in Philly).

For those complaining that it should be in DC, don't even try it! Baltimore gets something once in a Blue Moon after everything passes us by in favor of DC and some whiner has to complain. Regardless of what I personally feel about the line-up, I am very happy that something is happening here. Finally!!!

Darth Ed

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 10:01:00 pm »
Full line-up to be announced on July 10th. Here's what we know so far...

Confirmed by Pollstar or other sites:

The Raconteurs (http://us.v2music.com/site/tour.asp)
 Gnarls Barkley (Pollstar)
 Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (Pollstar)
 Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Billboard)

Strong evidence if not outright confirmation:

The Flaming Lips (home page lists 9/23 with venue TBA)

Rumored???:
 most of the bands listed at   http://www.virginfestival.ca/vfest_bands.html  
 The Who (vague post by lbcardoni in the Just Announced thread, page 165)

Darth Ed

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 10:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguar:
  After doing a little research, it appears that the odds are very high that Massive Attack will not be on the bill. ... I suspect that we get the God awful Red Hot Chili Shits in place of Massive Attack. If I were planning to attend, I would be so disappointed.
I suspect you are correct, and I agree we're getting short-changed if that's the case.

I'm really hoping for The Dears, but I'd be really surprised. They'll play Toronto, of course, but Baltimore seems unlikely, although they are playing the V Festival in the UK in August, so maybe....

Total speculation: I noticed that Margot & the Nuclear So-and-So's are on V2 Music, same as The Raconteurs. They would be a nice addition, I think.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 01:08:00 am »
a lot of people are on V2, but that doesn't serve as any indication.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 06:48:00 am »
OK so I am old and slow... When is this event supposed to take place and where can one purchase tickets?
FUKIT

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 09:10:00 am »
Wolfmother!  :)  Let's hope they play the Baltimore edition. The Billboard article says the lineup will be announced July 10th.

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 09:23:00 am »

For those complaining that it should be in DC, don't even try it! Baltimore gets something once in a Blue Moon after everything passes us by in favor of DC and some whiner has to complain. Regardless of what I personally feel about the line-up, I am very happy that something is happening here. Finally!!!
jag just stuck up for Baltimore?????   yay!!!

i too am  glad, and i will even go to the festival.  i dont like RHCP, but i will be glad to help try to make this a success so that its back every year

lukiedookie89

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 11:55:00 am »
How are seats/tickets gonna be dealt with at Pimlico?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 01:02:00 pm »
It's a race track so I assume it will be general admission. They will probably open the infield and have the stage (or stages) somewhere in there. I would hope for those going that they also open the seats but I suspect it will be very much like when the HFStivals are held in stadiums which (correct me if I'm wrong) are still general admission. Farther away from the bands but you get to sit and rest your ass for awhile. You just better pray that it doesn't rain!

Now I don't know about the Clubhouse. Maybe they'll use it to milk more money for tickets or even close it off altogether. Could even use it just for the bands but I suspect it will be open at some point to, at least, some attendees.

Sonick, I'm all for improving Baltimore. Just wish they would hurry up and do so! It just very seriously bugs me when those who receive all of the time get bent out of shape when someone else gets something they more often than not do without. Let them have to take that long drive up the road once in awhile instead of it almost always being us having to do so.

andyrichter

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 02:49:00 pm »
Ah quit your whining.  You got hfstival this year.    ;)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2006, 08:06:00 pm »
It's going to be a motherfucker

I know

I booked it

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2006, 10:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  It's going to be a motherfucker