Author Topic: DC Area Voters  (Read 137436 times)

ratioci nation

Re: DC Area Voters
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  but barack is offering hope AND change!!
way to buy in to the media soundbites

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2008, 12:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  The argument is that a number of disenchanted fatass Republicans who would have otherwise not voted will swarm to the polls just to have the chance of beating down Hillary. With Barack it it, they would have just sat home.

With all due respect, that's possibly an even dumber argument. Give the RNC some credit, they've done a wonderful job of "firing up their base," "getting out the vote," and "vilifying their opponent regardless who it is" over the last 2 decades. This thought that somehow the prospect of Obama v. McCain is going to lull Republicans to inactivity is pretty ludicrous.    :roll:

ratioci nation

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2008, 12:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:
 You're right, the much more organized RNC (the people who won in 2004 simply by labeling Kerry as a "flip flopper") aren't going to be able to crush the inexperienced junior senator from Illinois who has never accomplished a single thing, nor attached his name to any piece of significant legislation, in his 4 years in office. In "time of war," that's exactly who America's going to vote for.

Hillary is far more electable then Obama. Some people dislike her but those people wouldn't vote for Obama anyway. The hardcore republicans who hate Hillary weren't going to vote for any democrat. I'm seriously amazed repeatedly at how stupid democrats are about these things. They'll all be shocked -- SHOCKED!! -- in November when Obama loses by 10% in the popular vote and whine about the Republicans' dirty tricks, even though they're entirely foreseeable.
47% of people start out knowing they arent going to vote for Hillary, but go ahead and convince yourself she is more electable

ggw

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2008, 12:49:00 pm »

Originally posted by eros:
 This seems like a dumb idea BTW - if I were a Republican and could vote for either party in the primary I'd push to get Hillary in the general election knowing she would get killed there.  If one person can unite the divided Republican party, it's Hillary Clinton.
You're right, the much more organized RNC (the people who won in 2004 simply by labeling Kerry as a "flip flopper") aren't going to be able to crush the inexperienced junior senator from Illinois who has never accomplished a single thing, nor attached his name to any piece of significant legislation, in his 4 years in office. In "time of war," that's exactly who America's going to vote for.

Hillary is far more electable then Obama. Some people dislike her but those people wouldn't vote for Obama anyway. The hardcore republicans who hate Hillary weren't going to vote for any democrat. I'm seriously amazed repeatedly at how stupid democrats are about these things. They'll all be shocked -- SHOCKED!! -- in November when Obama loses by 10% in the popular vote and whine about the Republicans' dirty tricks, even though they're entirely foreseeable. [/b]
You're wrong.

As the open primaries have shown, independent voters like both McCain and Obama, but more of them turn out to vote for Obama.  Moreover, the "hardcore" GOP voters won't show up for McCain.  They'll just sit the election out.  Rove's big contribution to 2004 was getting those hardcore fundies to turn out in droves.

vansmack

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2008, 12:50:00 pm »
I don't care who you vote for - just vote today.
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2008, 12:50:00 pm »
  With all due respect, that's possibly an even dumber argument. Give the RNC some credit, they've done a wonderful job of "firing up their base," "getting out the vote," and "vilifying their opponent" over the last 2 decades. This thought that somehow the prospect of Obama v. McCain is going to lull Republicans to inactivity is pretty ludicrous.    :roll:  
The base isnt going to get up for McCain, there is no doubt that the Republicans will find a way to attack him, but to think that evangelicals and litmus test conservatives will be enthusiastically behind mccain is crazy.

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2008, 12:51:00 pm »
Don't believe me, just watch. I still think Hillary's going to get the nomination through backroom bartering with the superdelegates, but if Obama runs, I'll put $5 out there to as many people who want to take the bet that Obama loses by a larger margin in the popular vote then Kerry in 2004.

manimtired

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2008, 12:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:

way to buy in to the media soundbites [/b]
a majority of the drones voting for this clown are motivated by "hope AND change" and have no clue what his positions are...
 he's a charismatic guy...

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2008, 12:52:00 pm »
McCain is one temper trantrum away from being another of those namvets you see at almost every intersection with the hand written, mispelled signs that read....

"nam vet, hungrey, pleese help, God bless"

Huckabee is just another christian religous fruitloop and I think we've had enough of those for the foreseeable future.

Obama in the whitehouse is like making the mail clerk VP of operations. Can you honestly imagine him in intense negotiations with N. Korea or China? They'd eat the poor chap alive.

Hillary is, well, Hillary, but at least we'd have Bill in the Whitehouse, and I don't know about anyone else, but the last time I felt good about this country was when slick-Bill was running the show. Besides, I get great entertainment listening to the right-wing morons on am radio still pissing and moaning about Clinton and the blokes been gone 8 years. Maybe a few of them would go over the edge if another Clinton got in, and that can only be a good thing.

Nader, if he runs, is basically a vote for the republican, whoever it is, but if it makes you feel all indie and cool to vote for him knock yourself out. It was him and the Supreme Court that put the prick we have in the Whitehouse at the moment.

In a country of over 300 million people these are the best they can come up with for a leader???!!!!    :eek:  

My mother taught me that if you don't have anything good to say about someone then don't say anything, so with that logic I'd have to skip my visit to the polling station in November. It's like deciding wether you'd like to be kicked squarely in the nuts by a Kansas farm hand wearing steel tipped boots or have a rusty tent peg rammed up your rectum, then hammered home with a rubber mallet. Choices, choices, choices...

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2008, 12:53:00 pm »
  to think that evangelicals and litmus test conservatives will be enthusiastically behind mccain is crazy.
They'll be enthusiastically against whoever is on the Democratic side of the ticket. Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line.

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2008, 12:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brain Walrus:
  Nader, if he runs, is basically a vote for the republican, whoever it is, but if it makes you feel all indie and cool to vote for him knock yourself out. It was him and the Supreme Court that put the prick we have in the Whitehouse at the moment.
He was in Richmond Saturday for an environmental film festival. When asked, he said unequivocally that he was not running for elected office ever again.

Other then that, you're spot on in your analysis. Wise man, wise man.

eros

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2008, 12:57:00 pm »
  Don't believe me, just watch. I still think Hillary's going to get the nomination through backroom bartering with the superdelegates
This is the scary part.  If Hillary goes into the convention with less delegates and pulls this out of her ass, the Democratic party will again have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
ʎɐʍou

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »

a majority of the drones voting for this clown are motivated by "hope AND change" and have no clue what his positions are...
 [/b]
His positions, ironically enough, are like a xerox of Clinton's positions other then some rhetoric about "changing the culture in Washington." He likes to hang his hat on the fact he didn't vote for/support the war even though in 2006 he said that had he been in the Senate at the time and had the intelligence they had that he'd have voted for it anyway.

ratioci nation

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »
 he's a charismatic guy...
fine, if that means that the candidate who spoke out against the war gets in over the candidate who voted to allow the war, thats fine by me

do you think any supporters of other candidates really have a clue about the issues

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »

way to buy in to the media soundbites [/b]
 he's a charismatic guy... [/b]
HOPE!!! Just what we need in a leader.   :roll:   Mind you, we are just getting rid of 'hopeless' so at least it's a step in the right direction.