Author Topic: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?  (Read 181303 times)

serpent boy

Re: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2009, 01:56:04 pm »
I wasn't aware of the bankruptcy! No wonder there were rumors of the festival moving.

Some of my guesses:
- Kaiser Chiefs. They're rumored to be at Lollapalooza, which should be around the same time. Plus, they're playing V Fest shows in Australia.
- Lykke Li. Another act rumored for Lollapalooza. It seems like she'll be doing a few different festivals, and I don't remember her playing locally recently.
- Razorlight. One of the things I like about VMFestival is that it draws British acts. Razorlight hasn't quite caught on in America like they have overseas, but this could be good exposure for them.
- Fleet Foxes. Last year's mellow stuff (Rodrigo y Gabriela, Swell Season) seemed to work well. Why not bring in one of 2008's biggest hypes?
- Pearl Jam. This is more of a wish than a guess, but it could happen! It's all but confirmed that Pearl Jam will be touring this year (see the band's Message Pit for all the rumors) and that they'll play the Spectrum in Philly before it gets torn down. Headlining a night of the VMFestival could cover one big East Coast date and follow their trend of playing one festival a year!

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2009, 01:58:54 pm »
Anyone think Dionne Warwick will do both Artscape AND V-Fest?

Capnvivi

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2009, 04:39:55 pm »
The latest I have heard is that it will be back at least one more year although a few months ago this was not definite.  The question had something to do with Pimlico I believe.   

One of the headliners will most likely be a recently or soon to be reunited group.  I have no clue as to who that would be but the person who mentioned this to me said they were waiting at the time to see if a couple groups would really get back together/waiting on their plans.

Oh man, if Blur plays V-fest, my head would explode.

bkrome

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2009, 04:52:46 pm »
Franz Ferdinand has no Baltimore/DC/Virginia stop on its upcoming tour.

MGMT is playing Bonaroo, Vfest UK, and Isle of Wight.

obligatory Led Zeppelin rumor

Blink 182 would not surprise me.  They would sell big time.  

Blur would be awesome...

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2009, 06:08:47 pm »
The latest I have heard is that it will be back at least one more year although a few months ago this was not definite.  The question had something to do with Pimlico I believe.   

One of the headliners will most likely be a recently or soon to be reunited group.  I have no clue as to who that would be but the person who mentioned this to me said they were waiting at the time to see if a couple groups would really get back together/waiting on their plans.

Oh man, if Blur plays V-fest, my head would explode.
Me too, but sadly I think its more likely Blink 182.

Davyboy

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2009, 05:37:58 pm »
how about Blink 182 and Blur?? Sad to hear this may be the last year for Vfest in Baltimore. I love fests and this is truly the last big one in the area. Man I miss the days of HFStival.....

Got Haggis?

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2009, 07:09:20 pm »
yearly My Bloody Valentine request

saintangelsin

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 03:14:07 am »
I was wondering about V Fest. I hope it happens in Baltimore again. I think it brings a lot of great attention to Maryland whereas NYC, Chicago and LA steals a lot of attention music wise. I've gone to the last two years and have had an awesome time. I'm excited for whatever happens for this year. 

As for a headliners wish list...granted my ideas are a bit nuts:

1. Paul McCartney (He's the ultimate of Britpop music culture. It would be one hell of a way to follow up last year's line up considering the silver beats played. Not to mention, it would sell out. Besides, if Coachella can have him, why can't Virgin?)
2. Blur (YES PLEASE?!)
3. AC/DC (I could only imagine how big that would be...)
4. Pearl Jam (I second what serpent boy has said)

Here's the thing

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 07:25:46 am »
How about Green Day, The Feelies and The Replacements...

wml7

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2009, 06:51:03 am »
How about Radiohead?, they are suppose to tour this summer hopefully in the US.

sonickteam2

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2009, 10:23:38 am »
How about Radiohead?, they are suppose to tour this summer hopefully in the US.

i thought Radiohead only does the states every 3-4 years?   I couldnt imagine them touring here back to back summers....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2009, 02:01:57 pm »
there has been no official announcement of radiohead's summer tour.  so far the only info we have is ed, on his way in to a meeting, told the BBC that the band planned to record some new songs in the coming weeks and then do "a little bit of touring in the summer, watch this space!".  i'd love for them to come back, but i seriously doubt it - it would be far more likely for them to tour in places they haven't been to in a while (ex: their current south american tour).  eastern europe, australia/nz and south asia would be more likely destinations.

but who knows, maybe they'll do a few north american dates... any festival that they play will sell out.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2009, 05:50:25 pm »
said it once but you just know the hollywood undead will be back.  and on an even sadder note . . . they will sell tickets.  probably alot.

lets have (in the spirit of every band getting back together):

talking heads
fugazi
oingo boingo
the "real" faith no more
guns n roses (original line up, including the fucked up one)
system of a down

go out in style, mr. washington.

killsaly

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2009, 06:29:06 pm »
talking heads
I would go just for them.

bkrome

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2009, 07:51:32 pm »
How about Green Day, The Feelies and The Replacements...

Green Day just playing Dookie