Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 211643 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 04:17:36 pm »
and mls champion columbus crew

this is a hockey thread - let's keep rowing out of it!
<sig>

Jesse

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 04:19:27 pm »
Boston in 4
Caps in 5
Carolina in 7
Pens in 6

Sharks in 4
Wings in 6
Canucks in 7
Hawks in 5

godsshoeshine

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 04:23:47 pm »
and mls champion columbus crew

this is a hockey thread - let's keep rowing out of it!
i didnt bring other sports in
o/\o

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 09:13:29 am »
Frozen Four was awesome. I should have though to check here if anyone wanted tickets. We had an extra pair. The atmosphere was incredible. We have friends who work in college hockey so we got invited to some of the parties, which were a lot of fun too. We've already bought our tickets for next year at Ford Field (you were pretty much guaranteed tickets if you placed your order before the March deadline).

I still don't think the FF is anything close to the IIHF WJCs but it's still incredible fun and insanity.

The bean pot might be a cool thing to see as well.  I damn near drove to DC for the Championship game and just hung out until people out side were dumping tickets.  It always happens but I was beat from hitting a show the night before and not getting home until after 4:00 AM.
FUKIT

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 09:46:37 am »
Did Adirondack make the playoffs this year?

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 09:55:21 am »
 ::)

xcanuck

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 10:18:45 am »
The bean pot might be a cool thing to see as well.  I damn near drove to DC for the Championship game and just hung out until people out side were dumping tickets.  It always happens but I was beat from hitting a show the night before and not getting home until after 4:00 AM.
It was easy to get tickets. There were lots of people selling out front before the game. 400 level could be bought for below face value.

I wonder what the market is going to be like for Caps tickets. I'm still amazed at the upswing in demand. Are there really that many hockey fans? Or (more likely) is it just people jumping on a bandwagon when the rest of the DC area teams aren't doing well?

We got tickets for the first two games from friends. Should be a blast! I'm looking forward to Ovie putting Avery through the glass.  ;D

godsshoeshine

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 10:26:29 am »
they had a ton of sellouts this year in the regular season
o/\o

Driveway

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 11:16:11 am »
EAST
Boston
Washington
Carolina
Philadelphia

WEST
San Jose
Columbus
St Louis
Chicago

I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd love to see Columbus and Caps in the final round...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 09:57:54 am »
how 'bout them devils?
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 10:02:26 am »
how 'bout them devils?

how 'bout them rangers!

I  have decided that I like the Capitals less than the Yankees.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 10:44:58 am »
didnt you have season tickets at one point?

good game 1, but i dont expect the flyers to be as poor as they were last night all series
o/\o

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 11:25:56 am »
im loving the rangers right now (even more so than usual). my co-worker is a huge caps fan, so he has not been happy at work today. I need both the devils and rangers to keep winning as i found an in to get some play offs tickets. Working for Mario Batali has so many advantages im learning (not me, a friend).

how 'bout them devils?

how 'bout them rangers!

I  have decided that I like the Capitals less than the Yankees.
HeyLa

sonickteam2

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 11:39:10 am »
didnt you have season tickets at one point?

I had season tickets for 3 years. We bought them to secure Playoff tickets in 2003. Once the Caps choked in the Tampa series, we watched as they wore ugly jerseys, unloaded all of their talent, played like shit and refused to get rid of their old crappy goaltender.

When Ovechkin came, it was a great first year to watch. He's amazing and sometimes it almost seemed like people would cheer for the team.  Attendance was horrible and I couldnt even GIVE my tickets away on nights i couldn't use them.

So I decide not to renew them in 2007-2008 and what happens?   New jerseys.....no more Kolzig....playoff series......sold out buildings.....I want 3 years of my life back.  fuckers.

I hope they never win a playoff series and they have to trade Ovechkin to the Red Wings one day!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 11:54:12 am »
yeah i remember going to some sparsely attended games as late as early last season. this year i wanted to get tickets for the pens and got shut out

i do think its kind of funny how caps fans seemed to cry about all the hype that crosby got, but now its all ovie talk all the time
o/\o