Author Topic: Placebo in December?  (Read 7028 times)

nanj

Placebo in December?
« on: October 11, 2003, 10:03:00 am »
Just want to make sure if anyone hears any more about the Placebo show that they post on here. I will be checking daily. We went on July 1 and Brian was sick and they cut the show short so we didn't get the full version like they did in Philly. We want the whole show and nothing but the whole show this time.

markie

Re: Placebo in December?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 10:09:00 am »
Did you sign up at the placebo site for their newsletter? Shows are nornally announced and go on sale on Thursdays around here.

nanj

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 10:12:00 am »
Yeah, my daughter and I are signed up for every site that will send us anything, she's a member of the fan club, on and on. I get snail mail from the 9:30 club,and e-mail,we just don't want to miss a thing. Thanks

IRSglamrock

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 03:34:00 pm »
the site is very slow. the last i hear was that they were playing Friday, Dec. 12th. it was posted on a fan site that i trust.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 03:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by IRSglamrock:
  the site is very slow. the last i hear was that they were playing Friday, Dec. 12th. it was posted on a fan site that i trust.
which site is slow? if it's the 9:30 club site, feel free to trust any unofficial site you wish. just don't be disappointed if it dosen't happen. because tours date can change or get cancelled before they are officially announced by the club.  the only official date is when the club announces it... end of story.
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2003, 03:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by nanjw:
  Just want to make sure if anyone hears any more about the Placebo show that they post on here. I will be checking daily. We went on July 1 and Brian was sick and they cut the show short so we didn't get the full version like they did in Philly. We want the whole show and nothing but the whole show this time.
Is that why they only played for 1 hour?  I thought we just got ripped off (sans the Pixies cover i still yearn to hear again)

IRSglamrock

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 04:00:00 pm »
no need to get testy. i was talking about placeboworld.co.uk the date seems so what longical to me as how they are off on another us tour (via the offical placebo site). 21 or so dates and about 7 or 8 i believe are already on sale at ticketmaster and tickets.com around the end of november and beginning of to the middle of december.

BlueEyedAndDangerous

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 04:35:00 pm »
There USED to be a great Placebo site at

www.thebsh.com
 (Brick ShitHouse)

That site was great up until a year ago, then it disappear. The kids who created site were obsessed. It was great!

IRSglamrock

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2003, 05:08:00 pm »
okay, the offical placebo site now says Dec. 12th. i hope that 930club puts the date up soon.   :p   oh, and the opening band is stellstar.

reggie

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2003, 11:22:00 pm »
the new stellastarr* record is fantastic.
 this will be a great show!

walkman

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2003, 12:50:00 am »
Originally posted by reggie:
  the new stellastarr* record is fantastic.
 this will be a great show!
agreed.  They always put on an excellent show...I've known 'em since before the demo EP, and they've come a loooong way.

velvet_glove

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2003, 01:13:00 pm »
I was wondering about that myself- I truly hope tickets go on sale very, very soon.
 I saw 'em in July too, and it was one of the best times of my life.

But I really really really really REALLY need the tix to go on sale VERY soon- as I recently moved to Kansas city and would be flying in to DC just to see them (and my friends too.) So...I'd have to buy my plane tix soon to keep them cheap.

Is there any way to speed up the putting on sale of the tickets? Need need need.  :(

nanj

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2003, 08:07:00 pm »
Yahoo, they announced the show, they announced the show. YAY Hurray. Now when do the tickets go onsale? Do we sound impatient?

Jaguär

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2003, 08:12:00 pm »
According to www.tickets.com

Placebo  9:30 Club
 Friday, 12/12/03
 9:00PM EST
 On Sale on 11/06/03
 10:00AM EST

Though it's on the front page of the 9:30 site so I wouldn't be surprised if you can get them right now at the box office.

Dandy01

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2003, 01:01:00 pm »
I'm looking forward to checking out Stellastarr for the first time, I find the first track off of their album haunting and I can't get enough.  The yelps a la 80s, I still have to get used to, but it should be a good show with this pairing.