Author Topic: The Reissue Thread  (Read 129212 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package! -- The Reissue Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 12:26:26 pm »

For reals this time?

Kraftwerk

12345678 THE CATALOGUE

FOUR DECADES OF MASTERWORKS

CD, CD BOX SET, VINYL & DOWNLOAD

Mute: 5th OCTOBER 2009

KRAFTWERK: Electro Pioneers, living legends and globally revered masters of electronic sound, celebrate the 35th anniversary of their landmark 1974 hit ‘Autobahn’ by releasing digitally remastered versions of eight astounding albums on 5th October 2009. Rolling back musical barriers with every forward-thinking phase of their career, Dusseldorf's Zen masters of electronic minimalism laid the foundations for four decades of computerised pop and dance music. By chain reaction and mutation, they have influenced generations of artists in all genres, mapping musical futures yet to come. From Bowie to Daft Punk, Aphex Twin to Portishead, Dr Dre to LCD Soundsystem, and almost everyone in between, the mark of Kraftwerk is endless, endless.

In 2009 Kraftwerk have upgraded their Kling Klang masters with the latest studio technology and these eight magnificent recordings still sound like nothing else in the history of music. Kraftwerk are unique, pristine, profound and beautiful. Decades may pass, but their streamlined synthetic symphonies stand outside time, as fresh as tomorrow, transcendent and sublime.

12345678 The Catalogue will be released across the following formats;

· 8 x individual CDs presented in special slipcases featuring newly expanded artwork, including many previously unseen images all of which have been reproduced to the highest technical standards.

· CD Box Set containing 8 x CDs in ‘mini-vinyl’ card wallet packaging, plus individual large format booklets.

· 8 x individual heavyweight vinyl LPs with large format booklets.

· Digital downloads.

Funny how this is coming out a month after The Beatles remasters. Unfortunately, I doubt that there will also be a Kraftwerk version of Rock Band.

And even more unfortunately, their three best albums (which held up better over time than any of these) won't be included.
احمد

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 12:52:47 pm »
LAGWAFIS:  "The re-issue is now scheduled for the second half of November, exact release date is tbc.The artwork has changed, some of the packaging is similar to the original release.

There will be 3 formats released:

Ltd Collectors Edition - 12 disc pill pack + 2 additional cd's of previously unreleased material in new artwork.

Deluxe pack - 3 cd's in one blister pill pack. The original album plus the 2 additional cd's of unreleased material.

Standard jewel case of the original album in new artwork. The old design will no longer be manufactured.

Additional cd track listings information to follow. Pack shots of new design available nearer release date."

The delay must have something to do with the drug company manufacturing these.

Relaxer

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 01:47:25 pm »
Ltd Collectors Edition - 12 disc pill pack + 2 additional cd's of previously unreleased material in new artwork.

what could they possibly do with 12 discs? is it one of those retarded sets where each disc has like one song on them?
oword

Mark_Read

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 02:07:32 pm »

what could they possibly do with 12 discs? is it one of those retarded sets where each disc has like one song on them?

It is. The original UK limited edition was on 12x3" CD with one song per CD.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 03:30:53 pm »
has anyone heard any updates on the 69 Love Songs vinyl reissue?

my fiancee got this for me for my birthday but it looks like the release date is just constantly delayed

http://www.insound.com/The_Magnetic_Fields_69_Love_Songs__PRE-ORDER_6x10%26quot%3B/productmain/p/INS57410/
(o|o)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 11:13:49 am »

The Feelies
Crazy Rhythms and The Good Earth
9/8
CD and grooved polymer disc, each with codes for bonus downloads.
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 11:27:20 am »

And even more unfortunately, their three best albums (which held up better over time than any of these) won't be included.

[/quote]

This statement is just so absolutely wrong!!

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 02:39:30 pm »
The Feelies
Crazy Rhythms and The Good Earth
9/8
CD and grooved polymer disc, each with codes for bonus downloads.

Just read about the bonus downloads. The live tracks were recorded at 930 earlier this year   8)

"Paint It Black" will not be included physically or digitally.
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 08:55:41 am »
I know several people on the forum will be giddy about this re-issue...  Urgh! A Music War is FINALLY available on DVD!

http://www.wbshop.com/Urgh+-A-Music-War-+EST-MOD/1000112990,default,pd.html
T.Rex

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 09:20:32 am »
I know several people on the forum will be giddy about this re-issue...  Urgh! A Music War is FINALLY available on DVD!

http://www.wbshop.com/Urgh+-A-Music-War-+EST-MOD/1000112990,default,pd.html

YES YES YES!!!!   ;D

azaghal1981

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 07:50:29 pm »

[/quote]

No, sorry. It's true.

<braces for another exclamation point fueled tyraid>

In other Krautrock-related news, the Harmonia/Brian Eno disc will be reissued on Bronland
 on 10/6 with three additional tracks.

احمد

hutch

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 11:24:28 pm »

No, sorry. It's true.

<braces for another exclamation point fueled tyraid>

In other Krautrock-related news, the Harmonia/Brian Eno disc will be reissued on Bronland
 on 10/6 with three additional tracks.

[/quote]

Now why would you say that? Not very nice dude.

SPARX

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 02:25:58 pm »
Beck has this new thing he's doing called the "Record Club Series" where he &
some of his friends get together for one day and record a classic album. The
first one is "The Velvet Underground & Nico".

Next one scheduled is Sonic Youth's "EVOL".

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 09:17:19 am »
has anyone heard any updates on the 69 Love Songs vinyl reissue?

my fiancee got this for me for my birthday but it looks like the release date is just constantly delayed

http://www.insound.com/The_Magnetic_Fields_69_Love_Songs__PRE-ORDER_6x10%26quot%3B/productmain/p/INS57410/

the release date has been updated to September 7, i'm psyched to see the packaging on this

perfect timing to break in my new Dual 1219 ;D
(o|o)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2009, 08:59:52 am »
there's a multiple-disc set on the Stone Roses debut
at first I was kind of jazzed at the idea but I DLed the first disc, which is a remastered version of the album, and realized that was sufficient
but there's demos and b-sides and singles on the other discs, and that has some value

I'm streaming the demo's disk right now and it's sounds like i'll have to upgrade my 10th anniversary edition of this one.  and talk about some sweet limited edition packaging....

http://stoneroses.skyroo.com/se/view/music/index.html
T.Rex