Author Topic: The Reissue Thread  (Read 129307 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package! -- The Reissue Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2010, 03:20:23 pm »
^ That coincides with the shows in the UK that I posted in the everywhere else thread.

Ride - Nowhere
As 2CD set

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2010, 03:35:34 pm »
^ That coincides with the shows in the UK that I posted in the everywhere else thread.

You can get the show from last Friday here: http://anorthcountrybhoy.wordpress.com/2010/11/26/screamadelica-live/

The Scream were on fire.  Higher Than The Sun is amazing.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 02:47:14 pm »
The title of this thread is going to be justified:

?The Smiths ? Complete? box set: 8 albums on vinyl, CD; plus 25 7-inch singles, DVD

Plus LP-only and CD-only boxes. CD box around $57  :o 8) :o ;D
😐 🎶

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2011, 05:12:03 pm »
The title of this thread is going to be justified:

?The Smiths ? Complete? box set: 8 albums on vinyl, CD; plus 25 7-inch singles, DVD

Plus LP-only and CD-only boxes. CD box around $57  :o 8) :o ;D

The odd thing is that even though The Smiths had many more compiliations than studio albums (4) and they only recorded something like 73 original songs, some of those have never been on a CD.  Like "Jeane."  I don't think that was ever officially released except on its original import vinyl single.  So they had SO many compilations and SO few (relatively) songs, and they still had rare stuff.  Just weird.

Brian

azaghal1981

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2011, 05:52:37 pm »
On November 15,  Chunklet Industries  will release expanded vinyl reissues of two out-of-print double LPs from Elephant 6 psych-poppers
the Olivia Tremor Control:
1996's Music From the Unrealized Film Script: Dusk at Cubist Castle and 1999's Black Foliage: Animation Music Vol 1. Both reissues will include tons of
bonus material on download cards containing hours of rare and unreleased music. The albums' original art has been retouched, and both albums come in deluxe
Stoughton tip-in jackets. Black Foliage has been remastered from the original tapes.

Both reissues are limited to 1000 copies. 200 green vinyl mail-order copies are available, and a mail-order bundle is available that also includes an exclusive
Olivia Tremor Control T-shirt.

Below, we've got the reissue tracklists, including lists of the bonus material. We've also got the Olivia Tremor Control's tour dates; they'll cross North
America starting later this month. And we've got a stream of the Dusk at Cubist Castle track "Jumping Fences".

احمد

hutch

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2011, 05:57:55 pm »
On November 15,  Chunklet Industries  will release expanded vinyl reissues of two out-of-print double LPs from Elephant 6 psych-poppers
the Olivia Tremor Control:
1996's Music From the Unrealized Film Script: Dusk at Cubist Castle and 1999's Black Foliage: Animation Music Vol 1. Both reissues will include tons of
bonus material on download cards containing hours of rare and unreleased music. The albums' original art has been retouched, and both albums come in deluxe
Stoughton tip-in jackets. Black Foliage has been remastered from the original tapes.

Both reissues are limited to 1000 copies. 200 green vinyl mail-order copies are available, and a mail-order bundle is available that also includes an exclusive
Olivia Tremor Control T-shirt.

Below, we've got the reissue tracklists, including lists of the bonus material. We've also got the Olivia Tremor Control's tour dates; they'll cross North
America starting later this month. And we've got a stream of the Dusk at Cubist Castle track "Jumping Fences".

oh man...I have Dusk on vinyl...i wonder how much I paid for it..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2011, 02:00:59 am »

Talking Heads Chronology is a DVD featuring live performances spanning from 1976-1983.
It was just released in a limited edition, deluxe package containing rare photos and a previously unpublished essay by Lester Bangs and can be purchased on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Talking-Heads-Chronology-Deluxe/dp/B005JJSG94/davidbyrnecom-20
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 06:36:42 pm »

This reissue is really worth a listen, the second disc is basically a Some Girls Vol. 2, no half-baked noodling or rough drafts
(o|o)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2012, 12:27:13 pm »
Simple Minds ?x5? box set featuring band?s first five albums

Due out Feb. 13 in the U.K., the six-disc Simple Minds x5 will collect Life In A Day, Real To Real Cacophony, Empires and Dance, Sons and Fascination/Sister Feelings Calling and New Gold Dream (81, 82, 83, 84), with Sons and Fascination and Sister Feelings Calling packaged as separate discs.

As The Second Disc notes, the new editions feature the same remastering of the albums released in 2002, but each disc is appended with between two and six newly remastered bonus cuts, which include B-sides, remixes and live tracks. All, however, have previously been released.

And it's dirt cheap. Currently £12.99 at amazon.co.uk.
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2012, 06:39:21 pm »
Re-issue madness is in full effect and threatening to do damage to my wallet...

Blur Boxset
English Beat Boxset
The Jam - The Gift Boxset
INXS Kick - deluxe version
James Boxset
etc
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2012, 12:25:14 pm »
I'm surprised at how many deluxe reissues show up on Amazon's MP3 Store. Sonic Youth Daydream Nation is only $3.99. Stuff like that is worth getting in my book.

K8teebug

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 08:31:40 am »
Re-issue madness is in full effect and threatening to do damage to my wallet...

Blur Boxset
English Beat Boxset
The Jam - The Gift Boxset
INXS Kick - deluxe version
James Boxset
etc

INXS Kick was one of my first cassettes :)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 04:45:35 pm »
man . . . i really worshipped inxs back in the day, when the youth were supposed to be cool all the time.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:02:18 pm by walkonby »

azaghal1981

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2012, 08:18:06 pm »
Toy Love
Toy Love

RGLP002

PRE-ORDERS AVAILABLE NOW. SHIPS ON NOVEMBER 5

To celebrate Toy Love recieving the 2012 Legacy Award at the New Zealand Music Awards and induction in to the New Zealand Music Hall of Fame, we have teamed
up with  Real Groovy Records  for the release of the Toy Love double LP.

The 28-track compilation collects all the A & B sides of the three Toy Love singles, plus the best demos from 1979, a live track and even a radio jingle.
All mastered for vinyl, straight from the original analogue tapes, no nasty CDs nor digital sources were used at all.

All housed in a gatefold sleeve featuring original art work and a 24 page booklet to accompany the release.  
https://www.flyingnun.co.nz/shop/133

احمد