Author Topic: Just Announced: The Non-Mid-Atlantic & Non-NYC Edition  (Read 488098 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Just Announced: The Non-Mid-Atlantic & Non-NYC Edition
« Reply #405 on: March 29, 2013, 02:14:16 pm »
Lolla sucks donkey balls every year. Always has, always will.

you must mean the modern version...

some of those early lineups were unbelievable.

Fair enough. Those early 90's Lollas were a totally different beast though.
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #406 on: March 29, 2013, 02:23:25 pm »
Lolla sucks donkey balls every year. Always has, always will.

you must mean the modern version...

some of those early lineups were unbelievable.

You mean this shitty line-up is better than the current ones?

1993- Primus, Alice in Chains, Dinosaur Jr., Fishbone, Arrested Development, Front 242,   Tool ,Rage Against the Machine

I actually went to that stinker.  we paid a couple of the guys on the trash carts to take us in for 10 bucks a piece. We payed way too much.

stevewizzle

« Reply #407 on: March 29, 2013, 02:55:51 pm »
oh my.

azaghal1981

« Reply #408 on: March 29, 2013, 02:59:44 pm »
Not a big Primus or RATM fan but yeah.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #409 on: March 29, 2013, 03:03:14 pm »
wasn't there also a sidestage or something?

here it is

Dates: June 18, 1993 ? August 7, 1993

Main Stage: Primus, Alice in Chains, Dinosaur Jr., Fishbone, Arrested Development, Front 242, Babes in Toyland (first half), Tool (second half), Rage Against the Machine

Side Stage: Tool, Sebadoh, Cell, Unrest, Mercury Rev, Mosquito, Free Kitten, Royal Trux, Tsunami, Mutabaruka, The Coctails, Scrawl, Luscious Jackson, Genitorturers, Truly, Eggs, Girls Against Boys, Thurston Moore, A Lighter Shade of Brown, Glue, The Karl Hendricks Trio, Hurl, The Goats, The Runties, Ethyl Meatplow,Nature Boy[Knoc-turnal]

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #410 on: March 29, 2013, 03:03:31 pm »
That was a particularly bad year for the festival... they decided to use non-traditional venues, so in Michigan it was held at some racetrack.  There was hardly any free water available, it was scotching hot so they probably had more than a few heat related medical issues.  Thankfully it poured down before Alice In Chains, so we left. 
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #411 on: March 29, 2013, 03:11:48 pm »
the side stage lineup was varied by location...
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #412 on: March 29, 2013, 03:34:57 pm »
Not a big Primus or RATM fan but yeah.

Man you have shitty musical taste.  You like Alice in Chains and Tool??? Wtf.  Beach House, Cat Power, the Cure, Nine Inch Nails, Mumford and Sons, Alt-J, Crystal Castles, Lumineers, Postal Service, Band Of Horse, Lana Del Ray, Matt and Kim, Local Natives are all better than anyone on that shitty line-up from the 90's.  Also Perry wasn't involved that year.  The line-up was so bad they had to beg Perry to help them on the next one.

Anyway primus had to be the lamest band ever.  It was muddy and they weren't coming out so people started throwing water bottles around and me and my friend were back to back so we could knock the water bottles down.  I mean their were a ton of water bottles being thrown.  And prodigy comes out after a half hour and says they won't play until the water bottles stop getting thrown. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 03:46:11 pm by atomicfront »

azaghal1981

« Reply #413 on: March 29, 2013, 03:58:19 pm »
I wouldn't pay to go to an AiC or Tool show exclusively but I would check them out at a festival circa 1993.

Quite a few of the bands you just listed are horrid; most of whom whose horridness has been discussed on this board before.
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #414 on: March 29, 2013, 04:24:43 pm »
I wouldn't pay to go to an AiC or Tool show exclusively but I would check them out at a festival circa 1993.

Quite a few of the bands you just listed are horrid; most of whom whose horridness has been discussed on this board before.

But with people who have shit musical taste like you.  So who cares.  I find it funny that people with the worst musical tastes think they have such great taste in music.  You like Alice in Chains and Tool I think you need to think about that for a while.  Maybe you shouldn't be criticizing others taste in music anymore. 

Jesus H christ you are freaking comical.  Alice in Chains.  You gave me a good laugh.  Thank you!!!!

Relaxer

« Reply #415 on: March 29, 2013, 04:34:02 pm »
Alice in Chains' "Dirt" is a certifiably great rock album.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #416 on: March 29, 2013, 04:34:48 pm »
Has anyone ever seen Ratbastard and Atomic Front in the same room at the same time?
oword

azaghal1981

« Reply #417 on: March 29, 2013, 05:00:22 pm »
I have wondered this.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #418 on: March 29, 2013, 05:03:07 pm »

But with people who have shit musical taste like you.  So who cares.  I find it funny that people with the worst musical tastes think they have such great taste in music.  You like Alice in Chains and Tool I think you need to think about that for a while.  Maybe you shouldn't be criticizing others taste in music anymore. 

Jesus H christ you are freaking comical.  Alice in Chains.  You gave me a good laugh.  Thank you!!!!

atomic, you realize that you have shit taste in music, right?  mumfords and sons, the lumineers... seriously?  therefore you can't be judging azag's tastes.

wait, there's a lesson in here, somewhere...
<sig>

fatskippy

« Reply #419 on: March 29, 2013, 05:47:54 pm »
fluffs the lumineers and shits on tool, obv troll is obv?