Author Topic: Just Announced: The Non-Mid-Atlantic & Non-NYC Edition  (Read 487916 times)

Hexenjagd

Re: Just Announced: The Non-Mid-Atlantic & Non-NYC Edition
« Reply #645 on: March 28, 2014, 06:52:02 pm »
Austin Psych Fest is gold.

wml7

« Reply #646 on: March 28, 2014, 08:11:34 pm »
I'll be at Bonnaroo, Firefly, and Lolla.  Yes the lineup for Lolla this year is atrocious but I love going out to Chicago for it.
 ;D

atomic

« Reply #647 on: March 28, 2014, 08:26:00 pm »
so i finally had a look at this year's lolla line-up... wow, talk about embarrassing.  it's as if atomic curated this year's festival.  are the organizers counting on selling tickets based only on the reputation of the festival?

EMINEM  OUTKAST  KINGS OF LEON
ARCTIC MONKEYS  SKRILLEX  CALVIN HARRIS

+ MORE...

"yawn" doesn't even begin to cover it...

I don't like any of the top 6 acts.  I don't know what this has to do with me.  I like a few of the lower bands on the list but it is certainly not a year I would go. 

heather

« Reply #648 on: March 31, 2014, 12:18:52 pm »
i bought my ticket for governor's ball months ago. i'm already scheming ways to get out of it. a 35 year old going to a festival in NYC alone.... what was i thinking? it took a lot of effort just driving to baltimore thursday night for okkervil river. LOL.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #649 on: April 09, 2014, 10:49:43 am »
Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival
Aug. 8-10
Golden Gate Park, SF

Kanye West, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, The Killers, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Arctic Monkeys, Tiësto, Death Cab For Cutie, Disclosure, The Flaming Lips, Ray LaMontagne, Spoon, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Atmosphere, Cut Copy, Tegan And Sara, Duck Sauce, Haim, Chromeo, Ben Howard, Lykke Li, Chvrches, Paolo Nutini, Capital Cities, Kacey Musgraves, Local Natives, Jenny Lewis, Grouplove, John Butler Trio, Tycho, The Kooks, SBTRKT, Deer Tick, Holy Ghost!, Warpaint, Big Freedia, Jagwar Ma, and many more...

http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/
<sig>

atomic

« Reply #650 on: April 09, 2014, 11:45:41 am »
Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival
Aug. 8-10
Golden Gate Park, SF

Kanye West, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, The Killers, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Arctic Monkeys, Tiësto, Death Cab For Cutie, Disclosure, The Flaming Lips, Ray LaMontagne, Spoon, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Atmosphere, Cut Copy, Tegan And Sara, Duck Sauce, Haim, Chromeo, Ben Howard, Lykke Li, Chvrches, Paolo Nutini, Capital Cities, Kacey Musgraves, Local Natives, Jenny Lewis, Grouplove, John Butler Trio, Tycho, The Kooks, SBTRKT, Deer Tick, Holy Ghost!, Warpaint, Big Freedia, Jagwar Ma, and many more...

http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/

The headliners for that are quite awful.  This doens't seem to good year for festival headliners.

Unsanity

« Reply #651 on: April 10, 2014, 03:54:37 am »
yeah that fest looks awful

Got Haggis?

« Reply #652 on: May 01, 2014, 09:45:57 am »
lineup additions to ATP Iceland are incredible...I wish it wasn't so expensive to get to Iceland in July.  2 years ago I went in June (1st of june) and got a r/t ticket for $400!!! this year in July its like $1000.  UGH.

Portishead Interpol Mogwai Slowdive Shellac Devendra Banhart Kurt Vile Swans Loop Low Liars Fuck Buttons Forest Swords Ham Mummut Soley Singapore Sling Ben Forst Hebronix Haxan Cloak Pharmakon Eaux For a Minor Refelection I Break Horses Sin Fang Samaris Pascal Pinon Fufanu Kria Brekkan Low Roar Nattfari

July 10-12

and neil young july 7th

hutch

« Reply #653 on: May 01, 2014, 10:46:40 am »
lineup additions to ATP Iceland are incredible...I wish it wasn't so expensive to get to Iceland in July.  2 years ago I went in June (1st of june) and got a r/t ticket for $400!!! this year in July its like $1000.  UGH.

Portishead Interpol Mogwai Slowdive Shellac Devendra Banhart Kurt Vile Swans Loop Low Liars Fuck Buttons Forest Swords Ham Mummut Soley Singapore Sling Ben Forst Hebronix Haxan Cloak Pharmakon Eaux For a Minor Refelection I Break Horses Sin Fang Samaris Pascal Pinon Fufanu Kria Brekkan Low Roar Nattfari

July 10-12

and neil young july 7th

about ten years ago going to iceland used to be so cheap! remember? I think you could get there for 299...everybody was doing it

Got Haggis?

« Reply #654 on: May 01, 2014, 10:55:11 am »
yep, in 1995, i went to scotland via icelandair for $300

now cheapest ticket to scotland is like $1000

emmanuel

« Reply #655 on: May 01, 2014, 11:01:03 am »
Accommodation isn't cheap either in Iceland. Too bad because for half of the price I would go.

wml7

« Reply #656 on: May 08, 2014, 03:38:36 pm »

;D

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #657 on: May 09, 2014, 10:24:56 am »
Beck"s stop in St Louis is at the Pageant!  Would have loved to see him play a club date in DC...

atomic

atomic

« Reply #659 on: May 09, 2014, 10:31:42 am »
Accommodation isn't cheap either in Iceland. Too bad because for half of the price I would go.

It is cheap.  It is just not cheap if you go in July or August.  Went at the end of September for my honeymoon and it was really cheap. But rooms tend to be small.  Dinner was expensive but the food is so good so it is worth it.  Airline tickets were only 500 round trip.  That was September 2012.