Author Topic: Just Announced: The Non-Mid-Atlantic & Non-NYC Edition  (Read 492008 times)

killsaly

Re: Just Announced: The Non-Mid-Atlantic & Non-NYC Edition
« Reply #750 on: December 08, 2015, 02:34:49 pm »
Firefly?  They seem to have a similar focus... I know it is not technically DMV.

« Reply #751 on: December 08, 2015, 04:04:11 pm »
Firefly?  They seem to have a similar focus... I know it is not technically DMV.
if Firefly did I might go, but last year was kinda week IMO
slack

wml7

« Reply #752 on: January 04, 2016, 11:06:47 pm »

;D

Day 3 looks eh

Vas Deferens

« Reply #753 on: January 05, 2016, 12:53:14 am »
Calvin Harris is a waste of a headliner
(_|_)

Unsanity

« Reply #754 on: January 05, 2016, 03:09:52 am »
damn that is a weak line up Coachella. Maybe 4-5 total artists I like.

Baauer? that crap is still around?

K8teebug

« Reply #755 on: January 05, 2016, 09:14:54 am »
But I was right about LCD Soundsystem.

betao

« Reply #756 on: January 05, 2016, 09:35:34 am »
damn that is a weak line up Coachella. Maybe 4-5 total artists I like.

Baauer? that crap is still around?

Coachella line-up's aren't what they used to be. Times are changing I guess.

Glad to see they still went after Lush and Underworld. Also,see the "Hey Seth" thread to voice your request to get those guys over here too.

bearman🐻

« Reply #757 on: January 05, 2016, 10:57:10 am »
I suspect most people going to Coachella these days are in it for the "experience" and not the music. I got that line from a guy I know who has been going every year for the last 12 or so years, and he's one of those people who just wants to party with 60,000 other people and then report via social media who "killed it" and then proclaim that bands like Empire of the Sun changed his life and he felt like a single cell in a greater living organism coming into existence. But if this lineup excites others, that's cool and I hope they'll have fun. I think part of it is I'm older and I just don't want to be around that many people for 3 days. Plus, festivals are a dime a dozen. Chances are you'll find one that's a better fit for your taste than the poopourri of a lineup that includes Calvin Harris, Matt and Kim, and Zedd.

Relaxer

« Reply #758 on: January 05, 2016, 11:35:03 am »
How did the Kills get such high placement? There's a band that's liked by some but truly beloved by nobody. Were they even an active concern? Did anybody know? Did anybody care? If the lead guy weren't married to Kate Moss, would anyone remember them at all?

I mean, Grimes is one of the hottest artists of right now and she's relegated to the 3rd tier. I'm perplexed and flummoxed, all at once.
oword

hutch

« Reply #759 on: January 05, 2016, 11:36:22 am »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #760 on: January 05, 2016, 11:42:13 am »
perplexed and flummoxed

nice
This reminded me of the Jackie Chiles character from Seinfeld. Relaxer, would you say this situation is totally inappropriate? It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #761 on: January 05, 2016, 11:48:50 am »
I don't think it's exaggeration to say that my entire universe has exploded into a trillion minutiae and the fate of all matter, organic and manufactured, is mortally dependent upon learning -- nay, discovering, pioneering, cascading, avalanching -- why the Kills are featured so prominently at the 2016 Coachella festival.
oword

wml7

« Reply #762 on: January 05, 2016, 11:50:49 am »
God damn we got us here a philosopher
 ;D

Relaxer

« Reply #763 on: January 05, 2016, 12:02:08 pm »
Clearly the real question is, why didn't Coachella book the massively amazing and popular Girls Generation, Dorothy Little Happy or Princess Cheeky Parade? Real oversight there, I think.
oword

moeszyslak

« Reply #764 on: January 05, 2016, 12:18:39 pm »
I don't think it's exaggeration to say that my entire universe has exploded into a trillion minutiae and the fate of all matter, organic and manufactured, is mortally dependent upon learning -- nay, discovering, pioneering, cascading, avalanching -- why the Kills are featured so prominently at the 2016 Coachella festival.

I think it is a build up in anticipation from the set The Kills were supposed to play at the Landmark Festival before they dropped out. 

Ex Hex made the list of Coachella bands, so HOORAY for local bands getting larger stages!