Author Topic: Green Day Roll Call  (Read 5720 times)

wml7

Re: Green Day Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 09:19:28 am »
on my left hand side about 10 feet away from the catwalk the security didn't care if you took pics with your cell phones or videos just as long as it was a cell phone.  Now if you had a regular camera they could spot that out really quickly as I saw other people being flashed for it.  I guess it depended where you were.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 09:52:58 am »
Thoughts??

For me it was good but not great. Sure, it was a fun rock show, lots of pyro and some good production. They played a long time too, which was nice. But it lacked a certain something...

yup, that was pretty much my take on the NYC show: fun, tad-above-average rock show but not a must-see.  stage set-up/background was cool.  it was my first time seeing a show at MSG so that added to the experience for me.  definitely no need to see this show more than once, but good times nonetheless.
<sig>

redsock

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 11:46:51 am »
Considering I scalped tickets outside for way below face, even sitting in the nosebleeds was well worth it. I thought it was great. Nothing Earth-shattering, but a damn fine rock show.

About that guitar dude, there were times you could hear an awkward strumming in the mix and times you couldn't. My guess is they only turned him on during the very easy parts. But it is a Green Day song, so that is kind of redundant...

Cali

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 10:46:06 pm »
that was my first time seeing them and i really enjoyed their performance as well as kaiser chiefs. thought the staffs no camera policy was awful. i think that's mci's policy as opposed to the band since they seem to do that at every show i've been to but never as strict as last night. most times they let you take pics as long as it's not video. the guy in front of us didnt care but his two fellow co-workers would flash their lights and wave their arms at people.

thought the crowd was good. not used to seeing that many people actively participate at a mci show

edbert

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 10:29:53 am »
>>>I'd much rather see Foxboro Hot Tubs at this point.

Did you catch the 4 night stint on Daly? One of the shows was as Foxboros and that was the exciting performance.  I see the repeats are scheduled for 8/11-8/14 with 8/14 being Foxboros