Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182367 times)

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #1590 on: October 15, 2012, 12:28:10 pm »
anyone going to the nova brew fest this weekend?
http://novabrewfest.com/fall

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1591 on: October 15, 2012, 01:36:32 pm »
loookie what i found

stevewizzle

« Reply #1592 on: October 15, 2012, 02:04:31 pm »
Had a few great beers at Snallygaster this weekend... specifically the casked Harvest Ale by Founders.

damn, jealous you snagged that, sold out before I could get it (1:45pm I think?)

the pumpkin lambicus was my favorite from snally.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1593 on: October 16, 2012, 07:49:48 am »
I love Victoria Gastropub.  Clearly you did not have the duck fat fries. 

My favorite place these days is Judge's Bench.  I like the dive-ness of it, and it's always good people watching. 

Have had the duck fries and while they taste good I imagine they do much damage to one's arteries.

Judge's Bench is my favorite place in Ellicott City.  Watched Chris Davis beat the Red Sox there.

nkotb

« Reply #1594 on: October 16, 2012, 09:42:03 am »
Yesterday I saw one of the worker's at Rick's at a bar drinking...MILLER LITE  :o

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1595 on: October 16, 2012, 09:52:57 am »
on a list for founders backwoods bastard and harvest ale.  here's hoping.  as much as i hate breweries that release once a year brew . . . these two i will make an exception for.

James Ford

« Reply #1596 on: October 16, 2012, 10:41:49 am »
They're making lists for Backwoods Bastard these days? I've always found that one pretty easy to come by. And with the staff from Rick's now drinking Miller Lite, it seems that maybe the whole craft beer thing is coming to an end....so should continue to be easy to get.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1597 on: October 16, 2012, 10:46:49 am »
who's rick?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1598 on: October 16, 2012, 11:41:32 am »
stevewizzle came over to my place a week and a half ago for the first boardee homebrew tasting.  wizzle's saison was amazing, no wonder it scored so well at a recent competition.  it was better than most commercial saison i've had.  he also brought some 6-year-old mead which was mind-blowing.  his pale ale tasted solid, but it wasn't carbonated yet so needed a little more time (he had just bottled it that morning).  i poured my homegrown hop IPA, a dark belgian and my pseudo-soured breakfast stout. 

gonna have to do it again.  i'll be bottling a belgian blond and a saison this weekend so i'll be ready in a few weeks.  any other interested parties?
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #1599 on: October 16, 2012, 02:21:25 pm »
Had a few great beers at Snallygaster this weekend... specifically the casked Harvest Ale by Founders.

damn, jealous you snagged that, sold out before I could get it (1:45pm I think?)

the pumpkin lambicus was my favorite from snally.

Basically the main reason I wanted to attend was that brew.

Another notables:
Wet and Wyld by Unita
Wookey Jack by Firestone Walker
On The Wings Of Armageddon by DC Brau (wow, what an amazing beer, would put it just under some of the notables like Hopslam, Pliney, Heady Topper)

stevewizzle

« Reply #1600 on: October 16, 2012, 10:00:18 pm »
who's rick?

rick's wine in alexandria, i assume.

stevewizzle

« Reply #1601 on: October 16, 2012, 11:03:38 pm »
stevewizzle came over to my place a week and a half ago for the first boardee homebrew tasting.  wizzle's saison was amazing, no wonder it scored so well at a recent competition.  it was better than most commercial saison i've had.  he also brought some 6-year-old mead which was mind-blowing.  his pale ale tasted solid, but it wasn't carbonated yet so needed a little more time (he had just bottled it that morning).  i poured my homegrown hop IPA, a dark belgian and my pseudo-soured breakfast stout. 

gonna have to do it again.  i'll be bottling a belgian blond and a saison this weekend so i'll be ready in a few weeks.  any other interested parties?

appreciate the kind words on the brews, the saison has been a treat, and you definitely have a winner with your dark belgian. i've been on a belgian dubbel kick since, and haven't had anything quite as tasty. it's too cool you gow ryour own hops for your beer. homebrewing is the shit.

would be cool to get others out. even maybe do a beer thread tasting, doesn't have to be limited to homebrews.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1602 on: October 17, 2012, 12:58:45 pm »
<sig>

shemptiness

« Reply #1603 on: October 17, 2012, 02:10:48 pm »

James Ford

« Reply #1604 on: October 18, 2012, 12:04:21 pm »
I read that Goose Island Bourbon County Stout has dropped in DC and MD.

Debating whether to give $25 for a four pack to InBev, or to save my money knowing I have KBS in my cellar, and access to all of the delicious Founders Breakfast Stout at $10/four pack that I want.