Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3203259 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6000 on: November 16, 2015, 12:04:22 pm »
and there goes Ballast Point for $1 billion

I don't know anything about Constellation. Are we supposed to hate this? Or hate it any less than if it was AB-inbev? Please tell us, fart sound.

On a side note, didn't realize Jack White founded Ballast Point. Is there anything that guy can't do?

« Reply #6001 on: November 16, 2015, 12:08:26 pm »

I don't know anything about Constellation.

Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ and STZ.B) is a leading international producer and marketer of beer, wine and spirits with operations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and Italy.

with high-end, iconic imported brands including Corona Extra, Corona Light, Modelo Especial, Negra Modelo and Pacifico. Constellation is also the world?s leader in premium wine, selling great brands that people love including Robert Mondavi, Clos du Bois, Kim Crawford, Rex Goliath, Mark West, Franciscan Estate, Ruffino and Jackson-Triggs. The company?s premium spirits brands include SVEDKA Vodka and Black Velvet Canadian Whisky.
slack

stevewizzle

« Reply #6002 on: November 16, 2015, 12:34:34 pm »

I don't know anything about Constellation. Are we supposed to hate this? Or hate it any less than if it was AB-inbev? Please tell us, fart sound.

On a side note, didn't realize Jack White founded Ballast Point. Is there anything that guy can't do?

haven't bought a ballast point beer in years and could care less. i guess all those $17 six-packs purchased of sculpin add up, $1 billion? that's crazy.

when elysian sold it was a conscious decision to go with AB-inbev for less money. i'm guessing constellation is going to do whatever the fuck they want with the ballast point brand after buying it for $1 billion.

file under hate.

walk,on,by

« Reply #6003 on: November 16, 2015, 01:58:58 pm »
people who thought sculpin was awesome have moved on to something else.  beer, is like fashion now.  snooty, know conscious individuals who literally wait for the next thing to like, hate, move on, and wonder why they liked it in the first place.

Yada

« Reply #6004 on: November 16, 2015, 02:12:03 pm »
people who thought sculpin was awesome have moved on to something else.  beer, is like fashion now.  snooty, know conscious individuals who literally wait for the next thing to like, hate, move on, and wonder why they liked it in the first place.

I don't buy Sculpin for the reasons Mr. Fart said above... $20 six packs of beer that's probably already 90 days old.

Space Freely

« Reply #6005 on: November 16, 2015, 03:08:02 pm »
I don't buy Sculpin because there's a dozen other IPA's available that are just as good and typically cheaper. Especially the special release stuff when you know it's fresh.

However, I don't think I could find a suitable replacement for Victory at Sea. That stuff is just fantastic and unique, in my book.

Space Freely

« Reply #6006 on: November 16, 2015, 03:10:04 pm »
If anybody ever has an occasion where they're looking for a good but pricey Italian beer, I can attest that this one tastes much nicer than the label looks. ($23/bottle at TW).

« Reply #6007 on: November 16, 2015, 03:46:49 pm »
on Yada's request...and of the brewers here know I can find recipe for a KBS clone
Or is it even possible with my set up

I've made a mean porter, but haven't done a stout yet

Edit...there are a bunch out there
https://byo.com/bock/item/1857-founder%E2%80%99s-brewings-breakfast-stout-clone

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=12090.0

----
this is for the KBS
http://beermasters.org/2014/02/06/kentucky-breakfast-stout-kbs-5-gal-all-grain-recipe/

but this last part sounds like the hard part

in secondary fermentor for 2-6 months
Founder?s claim to ferment this brew for an entire year in bourbon barrels?

----
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:56:12 pm by 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6008 on: November 16, 2015, 03:54:27 pm »
check out HBT, there is an excellent Breakfast Stout clone.  add oak chips/cubes soaked in bourbon to that beer, you'll be damn close.
<sig>

« Reply #6009 on: November 16, 2015, 04:44:44 pm »
interesting
1 gallon keg
Not quite as easy as the OneDerBrew, but pretty slick
slack

« Reply #6010 on: November 16, 2015, 05:21:57 pm »
check out HBT, there is an excellent Breakfast Stout clone.  add oak chips/cubes soaked in bourbon to that beer, you'll be damn close.
funny some bloke with the same name was posting in that very thread last week
slack

Unsanity

« Reply #6011 on: November 17, 2015, 04:26:08 am »
That Panil Barriquee is pretty tasty. I have enjoyed a few bottles. I always go 50/50 with a friend.

Anyone else tried the blood orange gose from Anderson Valley? That shit's delicious.

Space Freely

« Reply #6012 on: November 20, 2015, 01:00:45 pm »
I was reading a ratebeer reviewer's beer review of a sour by Allagash. He gave the taste a 9/10. And this is gow he described the beer. Fecal matter? Really?

Sample.pour at the brewery. Clear gold color, no head. Aroma is Brett Funk, mild oak and light fruit. The flavor is Brettanomyces forward with traces of fecal matter. Oak and the highest hint of rotten fruit. The finish as a touch of astringent oak. Texture is dry.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6013 on: November 20, 2015, 01:15:56 pm »
speaking of brett - i had a bottle of Avery's Twenty Two, a 100% brett drie beer.  it was awesome.  very fruity, like an un-spicy saison.  very easy drinking.  i will be picking up some more this afternoon.  recommended (but don't expect funk, very little here).
<sig>

walk,on,by

« Reply #6014 on: November 20, 2015, 01:27:42 pm »
I think ballast pointe should steal that, and release

scatpin