Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3215973 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8055 on: March 26, 2017, 05:53:23 pm »
More CBC events for me to be jealous of you guys...

Sovereign:

The series kicks off on Monday, April 10th with our good friends from Blackberry Farm

(Tennessee), Crooked Stave (Colorado) and The Bruery / Bruery Terreux (California). On this night we?ll feature no less than 23 beers from this exceptional trio of breweries!

On Tuesday, April 11th, The Sovereign is proud to feature the exceptional beers from Casey (Colorado), Monkish (California), Side Project (Missouri) and Oxbow (Maine). On this night, we?ll feature nearly 30 beers on bottle and draft from these phenomenal brewers!

On Wednesday, April 12th, The Sovereign is proud to feature the exceptional beers from Jester King (Texas), Jolly Pumpkin (Michigan), The Veil (Virginia) and Tired Hands (Pennsylvania). On this night, we?ll feature no less than 25 beers on draft from these phenomenal brewers!

Join us on Thursday, April 13th as we conclude our celebration of the Craft Brewer?s Conference with Wicked Weed Brewing. On this night, we?ll feature 12 different drafts from the Asheville, NC brewery.

Churchkey:

We kick things off on Monday, April 10th, highlighting a few of the best from the East Coast; Bissell Brothers (Maine), Other Half (New York) Suarez Family (New York), The Veil (Virginia) and Trillium (Massachusetts). On this night, we?ll feature no less than 30 drafts from these exceptional brewers!

On Tuesday, April 11th, we highlight some of our favorite breweries from the South; Burial (North Carolina), Creature Comforts (Georgia), Fonta Flora (North Carolina), The Answer (Virginia) and Westbrook (South Carolina). On this night, we?ll feature no less than 35 drafts from these exceptional brewers!

On Wednesday, April 12th, we highlight some of our favorite breweries west of the Mississippi River; Arizona Wilderness (Arizona), Jackie O?s (Ohio), Monkish (California) and Perennial (Missouri). On this night, we?ll feature no less than 25 drafts from these exceptional brewers!

On Thursday, April 13th, we highlight some of our favorite breweries from Vermont and Wyoming; Lawson?s Finest Liquids, Melvin Brewing, Foam Brewers and Black Tooth Brewing Co. On this night, we?ll feature no less than 30 drafts from these exceptional brewers!

Bagley

« Reply #8056 on: March 27, 2017, 12:10:36 pm »
Kudos to Union Brewing on their Older Pro-  a Gose aged in wine barrels with blueberries.  Delicious!

Yada

« Reply #8057 on: March 27, 2017, 02:27:45 pm »
Pretty, pretty niiiiiiice.

http://www.bxlbeerfest.com

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Yada

Space Freely

« Reply #8059 on: March 31, 2017, 09:43:54 am »
Price check:

Avery Raspberry Sour, 32 oz growler fill at Fair Lakes Whole Foods, $8.

Avery Raspberry Sour, 10 oz pour at Churchkey, $14.

I realize Churchkey isn't a grocery store, but good lord.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #8060 on: April 03, 2017, 12:20:38 pm »
Par for the course when comparing beer/grocery store to a bar.

Yada

« Reply #8061 on: April 03, 2017, 01:19:17 pm »

You do know who you're dealing with here, right?

Space Freely

« Reply #8062 on: April 03, 2017, 01:44:58 pm »

It's anywhere from $7-$10 for a 10-14 oz pour at any other bar in America.

https://www.beermenus.com/beers/86179-avery-raspberry-sour

Yada

« Reply #8063 on: April 03, 2017, 01:49:59 pm »

After a 5 second glance, pretty sure 90% of those are "beer stores" which doesnt' help your argument.

Space Freely

« Reply #8064 on: April 03, 2017, 02:15:02 pm »

After a 5 second glance, pretty sure 90% of those are "beer stores" which doesnt' help your argument.

I'll help you out. The first three, much cheaper. The fourth, the Churchkey of New Jersey.

28 South · Restaurant
62.5 miles away · Menu Updated: 04/01/2017
10oz Draft for $6.50

Bully's Restaurant & Pub · Restaurant
82.9 miles away · Menu Updated: 02/16/2017
14oz Draft for $7

theMINT Gastropub · Restaurant
147.0 miles away · Menu Updated: 04/02/2017
13oz Draft for $8

The Beer Spot and Grill · Restaurant
210.9 miles away · Menu Updated: 04/03/2017
5oz Draft for $7
10oz Draft for $12

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #8065 on: April 03, 2017, 04:25:56 pm »
Not going to bother looking them up but I presume none of those are in a big city. If so, they aren't fair comparisons.

I get the point, though, and Churchkey can/will charge whatever they want and get away with it.  Nobody's driving to Hagerstwon to save a couple bucks on a beer, tho.

Yada

« Reply #8066 on: April 03, 2017, 04:49:42 pm »
Not going to bother looking them up but I presume none of those are in a big city. If so, they aren't fair comparisons.

I get the point, though, and Churchkey can/will charge whatever they want and get away with it.  Nobody's driving to Hagerstwon to save a couple bucks on a beer, tho.

Has Space ever dissected the gas/time/travel/per oz of beer cost to you? If not, don't put the above theory past him!

Other than Space's thriftiness, let's talk about that 300 person Hill Farmstead line down the block from Church Key this weekend!

Space Freely

« Reply #8067 on: April 03, 2017, 05:09:35 pm »

Has Space ever dissected the gas/time/travel/per oz of beer cost to you? If not, don't put the above theory past him!

Other than Space's thriftiness, let's talk about that 300 person Hill Farmstead line down the block from Church Key this weekend!

I guess that's easier than driving to Vermont and waiting in line there too. After going to the Veil on the day of their Veil/Trillium mixer (and not getting any Trillium beer), I knew better than to go to anything Hill Farmstead related.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:11:21 pm by Space Freely »

Yada

« Reply #8068 on: April 03, 2017, 05:19:00 pm »

I guess that's easier than driving to Vermont and waiting in line there too. After going to the Veil on the day of their Veil/Trillium mixer (and not getting any Trillium beer), I knew better than to go to anything Hill Farmstead related.

Ooof... that hurts, I heard nothing but terrible things about that event. I can only hope that things are better in a few weeks (my assumption is it will be based on guarantees/tickets for pours and limited amounts of people per session).

HF doesn't really have lines anymore post expansion.

Space Freely

« Reply #8069 on: April 03, 2017, 05:35:58 pm »

Ooof... that hurts, I heard nothing but terrible things about that event. I can only hope that things are better in a few weeks (my assumption is it will be based on guarantees/tickets for pours and limited amounts of people per session).

HF doesn't really have lines anymore post expansion.

In fairness I should say drove by the Veil before the opening of the Trillium mixer, line was too long, went to Stone then Triple Crossing (for their excellent NE DIPA), then back to Veil where Trillium sold out as we waited in line for the last of it. I'm done with those kinds of shitshows.