Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3170910 times)

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8625 on: January 11, 2018, 10:57:24 pm »
And, I don't know why, but it sort of annoys me that you can now get Founders Backwoods Bastard all year long.  I used to love the fact that, it only came out in a certain time of the year and it was awesome when it did. Now they have the big bombers, and everything has changed. Welcome to the, new world.

« Reply #8626 on: January 12, 2018, 06:46:26 am »
You knew it would happen... but they are naming beers after hutch
https://thetakeout.com/breweries-toast-trump-with-very-stable-genius-beers-1821988679
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #8627 on: January 12, 2018, 10:48:11 am »
And, I don't know why, but it sort of annoys me that you can now get Founders Backwoods Bastard all year long.  I used to love the fact that, it only came out in a certain time of the year and it was awesome when it did. Now they have the big bombers, and everything has changed. Welcome to the, new world.

Are the four packs year round, or just the bomber?

« Reply #8628 on: January 23, 2018, 10:50:42 am »
Tuesday, January 30th, as ChurchKey hosts the fine folks from Aslin Beer Company. On this night, we’ll showcase 25 different beers from the red-hot brewery from Herndon, VA!

Over the upcoming weeks, Aslin is hosting a series of exciting events in Washington, DC leading up to the grand opening of their brand new tasting room. ChurchKey is honored to kick things off with the first official DC event, featuring one of the largest collections of Aslin beers ever assembled!

Highlights from the incredible list include Cocoa Mapalm, an Imperial Stout finished with cocoa nibs, maple syrup and vanilla; Sorbet, a juicy IPA infused with peach and mango; and Pinkies Up, a quintuple dry-hopped, 18.4% abv Imperial IPA.

If that wasn't enough, we'll also be giving away a limited amount of Aslin x ChurchKey glassware, available exclusively at this event. Make sure to get here early to snag yourself one of these limited release collector's items!

There is no admission charge for the event. All Aslin beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.

Additionally, Birch & Barley will feature a 6-course tasting menu paired exclusively with Aslin beers!

This special tasting menu is available throughout our dinner service, from 5:30 PM until 10:00 PM. All Birch & Barley dinner reservations can be made by visiting birchandbarley.com or by calling (202) 567-2576.

THE OFFICIAL ASLIN BEER COMPANY TAP TAKEOVER DRAFT LIST
- Anthemic (Pilsner)
- Berliner Weisse: Boysenberry, Blackberry & Blueberry (Berliner Weisse w/ Berries)
- Bringo (IPA w/ Rosemary & Vanilla)
- Cocoa Mapalm (Imperial Stout w/ Cocoa, Maple & Vanilla)
- Cotton (Imperial Stout w/ Vanilla, Cocoa, Coffee, Coconut, Marshmallow & Nuts)
- Double Orange Starfish (Imperial IPA w/ Citra & Galaxy)
- Flip Flops & Socks (Sour Saison w/ Blackcurrant)
- Freudian Accordian (IPA w/ Amarillo, Citra, Vic Secret & Nelson)
- Gose: Blackberry & Raspberry (Gose w/ Berries)
- Haka (Imperial IPA w/ Nelson Sauvin)
- Johann Needs A Bigger Broat (Imperial IPA w/ Vanilla)
- Kokomo (Imperial Stout w/ Coffee & Cocoa)
- Macarooned (Imperial Stout w/ Chocolate & Coconut)
- Master of Karate (Imperial IPA w/ Mosaic, Galaxy & Amarillo)
- Master of Oranges (IPA w/ Galaxy, Mosaic, Citra & Amarillo)
- Mexican Hot Chocolate (Imperial Stout w/ Vanilla, Chilies & Spices)
- Never A Bride (Saison)
- Nuances of Meaning (IPA w/ Citra & Mosaic)
- Nullify This (Imperial IPA w/ Enigma, Citra & Nelson; Charles Towne Collab)
- Orange Starfish (IPA w/ Citra & Galaxy)
- Pinkies Up (Imperial IPA w/ Citra, Galaxy, Nelson, Mosaic & Amarillo)
- Sorbet (IPA w/ Peach & Mango)
- Sensei (Imperial IPA w/ Mosaic, Amarillo & Galaxy)
- Sprechen Sie Deutsch? (Imperial Stout w/ Vanilla, Cocoa, Coffee, Coconut & Pecans)
- Stellar Parallax (Imperial IPA w/ Galaxy, Simcoe & Mosaic)
- The Underground (Pale Ale)
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #8629 on: January 23, 2018, 11:58:35 am »
As the resident value seeker, I'm going to boast of having attended the Pizza Paradiso/Aslin night, where all beers were $4 for happy hour and you got the free glassware to boot. The draft list wasn't nearly as extensive, but it was way more than adequate.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #8630 on: January 23, 2018, 08:28:19 pm »
decided, to buy a few dog fish head 120 minute, because I have not had it for awhile, as well as something called La Bonte from Wicked Weed and a bottle of Avery Lunctis Viribus.

Space Freely

« Reply #8631 on: January 23, 2018, 10:13:23 pm »
decided, to buy a few dog fish head 120 minute, because I have not had it for awhile, as well as something called La Bonte from Wicked Weed and a bottle of Avery Lunctis Viribus.

Speaking of Dogfish, we split a 12 oz Oak Aged World Wide Stout tonight. Lord that beer is a beast.

Looking at that Churchkey/Aslin list, I might just have to do it. I'll have 30 mins before i need to head to the train Wonder how much i can drink and how many glasses i can score?

Yada

Space Freely

« Reply #8633 on: January 24, 2018, 04:11:41 pm »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/experience/food-and-wine/2018/01/24/downtown-disney-plans-first-brewery-anaheim-california/1057673001/

Sounds like a #naturalspacevacation to me.

Haha.

We *are* driving to Miami for Spring Break, with a detour to Charleston on the way home. Is this the list of breweries we want to hit?

Aardwolf (Jacksonville)
Civil Society (Jupiter)
Funky Buddha (Ft Lauderdale)
J. Wakefield (Miami)
Charles Town Fermentory (Charleston)
Edmunds Oast (Charleston)
Westbrook (Mt Pleasant SC)
The Veil or the Answer (Richmond)

Space Freely

« Reply #8634 on: January 24, 2018, 04:12:08 pm »

Yada

« Reply #8635 on: January 24, 2018, 04:49:21 pm »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/experience/food-and-wine/2018/01/24/downtown-disney-plans-first-brewery-anaheim-california/1057673001/

Sounds like a #naturalspacevacation to me.

Haha.

We *are* driving to Miami for Spring Break, with a detour to Charleston on the way home. Is this the list of breweries we want to hit?

Aardwolf (Jacksonville)
Civil Society (Jupiter)
Funky Buddha (Ft Lauderdale)
J. Wakefield (Miami)
Charles Town Fermentory (Charleston)
Edmunds Oast (Charleston)
Westbrook (Mt Pleasant SC)
The Veil or the Answer (Richmond)

Aardwolf (Jacksonville) - Never heard of it
Civil Society (Jupiter) - Can confirm
Funky Buddha (Ft Lauderdale) - Depends what's on draft
J. Wakefield (Miami) - Depends what's on draft/in bottle
Charles Town Fermentory (Charleston) - Can confirm
Edmunds Oast (Charleston) - Never heard of it
Westbrook (Mt Pleasant SC) - Only if Mexican Cake is for sale/on draft
The Veil or the Answer (Richmond) - Can confirm

« Reply #8636 on: January 24, 2018, 09:48:53 pm »
For sure Civil and JWB
even if you don't get the mind blowing pour of a beer at JWB, the Wynwood Arts District alone is worth it for walking around a few hours.

If you like the Belgians...Barrel of Monks in Boca is worth it vs going to funky budda
Odd Breed Just opened in Popano and they make some serious sours, but haven't been
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #8637 on: January 24, 2018, 10:09:47 pm »
For sure Civil and JWB
even if you don't get the mind blowing pour of a beer at JWB, the Wynwood Arts District alone is worth it for walking around a few hours.

If you like the Belgians...Barrel of Monks in Boca is worth it vs going to funky budda
Odd Breed Just opened in Popano and they make some serious sours, but haven't been

Thanks! BOM and OB both look very promising. May have to do them instead of FB. Staying in South Beach airbnb but yes planning on doing Wynwood for at least one night.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #8638 on: January 24, 2018, 10:14:55 pm »
Gin and tonnica

« Reply #8639 on: January 25, 2018, 10:04:51 am »
Ok Walkie...going to be in your neck of the woods staying in cabin at Lost River State Park WV for two days

what brewery would you recommend?

Swover Creek Farms Brewery
Lost River
Ridge Runner
Brothers craft (this one seems to be leading the pack with what is on tap right now)
Pale Fire
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 10:08:31 am by LosthismindHatch ♆ ✯ ㋡ 🖖 ⛄ »
slack