> GENERAL DISCUSSION

The Beer Thread

<< < (1726/2291) > >>

walkonbyeeeeeeeee:
And, I don't know why, but it sort of annoys me that you can now get Founders Backwoods Bastard all year long.  I used to love the fact that, it only came out in a certain time of the year and it was awesome when it did. Now they have the big bombers, and everything has changed. Welcome to the, new world.

ye-ole-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl:
You knew it would happen... but they are naming beers after hutch
https://thetakeout.com/breweries-toast-trump-with-very-stable-genius-beers-1821988679

Space Freely:

--- Quote from: walkonbyeeeeeeeee on January 11, 2018, 10:57:24 pm ---And, I don't know why, but it sort of annoys me that you can now get Founders Backwoods Bastard all year long.  I used to love the fact that, it only came out in a certain time of the year and it was awesome when it did. Now they have the big bombers, and everything has changed. Welcome to the, new world.

--- End quote ---

Are the four packs year round, or just the bomber?

ye-ole-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl:
Tuesday, January 30th, as ChurchKey hosts the fine folks from Aslin Beer Company. On this night, we’ll showcase 25 different beers from the red-hot brewery from Herndon, VA!

Over the upcoming weeks, Aslin is hosting a series of exciting events in Washington, DC leading up to the grand opening of their brand new tasting room. ChurchKey is honored to kick things off with the first official DC event, featuring one of the largest collections of Aslin beers ever assembled!

Highlights from the incredible list include Cocoa Mapalm, an Imperial Stout finished with cocoa nibs, maple syrup and vanilla; Sorbet, a juicy IPA infused with peach and mango; and Pinkies Up, a quintuple dry-hopped, 18.4% abv Imperial IPA.

If that wasn't enough, we'll also be giving away a limited amount of Aslin x ChurchKey glassware, available exclusively at this event. Make sure to get here early to snag yourself one of these limited release collector's items!

There is no admission charge for the event. All Aslin beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.

Additionally, Birch & Barley will feature a 6-course tasting menu paired exclusively with Aslin beers!

This special tasting menu is available throughout our dinner service, from 5:30 PM until 10:00 PM. All Birch & Barley dinner reservations can be made by visiting birchandbarley.com or by calling (202) 567-2576.

THE OFFICIAL ASLIN BEER COMPANY TAP TAKEOVER DRAFT LIST
- Anthemic (Pilsner)
- Berliner Weisse: Boysenberry, Blackberry & Blueberry (Berliner Weisse w/ Berries)
- Bringo (IPA w/ Rosemary & Vanilla)
- Cocoa Mapalm (Imperial Stout w/ Cocoa, Maple & Vanilla)
- Cotton (Imperial Stout w/ Vanilla, Cocoa, Coffee, Coconut, Marshmallow & Nuts)
- Double Orange Starfish (Imperial IPA w/ Citra & Galaxy)
- Flip Flops & Socks (Sour Saison w/ Blackcurrant)
- Freudian Accordian (IPA w/ Amarillo, Citra, Vic Secret & Nelson)
- Gose: Blackberry & Raspberry (Gose w/ Berries)
- Haka (Imperial IPA w/ Nelson Sauvin)
- Johann Needs A Bigger Broat (Imperial IPA w/ Vanilla)
- Kokomo (Imperial Stout w/ Coffee & Cocoa)
- Macarooned (Imperial Stout w/ Chocolate & Coconut)
- Master of Karate (Imperial IPA w/ Mosaic, Galaxy & Amarillo)
- Master of Oranges (IPA w/ Galaxy, Mosaic, Citra & Amarillo)
- Mexican Hot Chocolate (Imperial Stout w/ Vanilla, Chilies & Spices)
- Never A Bride (Saison)
- Nuances of Meaning (IPA w/ Citra & Mosaic)
- Nullify This (Imperial IPA w/ Enigma, Citra & Nelson; Charles Towne Collab)
- Orange Starfish (IPA w/ Citra & Galaxy)
- Pinkies Up (Imperial IPA w/ Citra, Galaxy, Nelson, Mosaic & Amarillo)
- Sorbet (IPA w/ Peach & Mango)
- Sensei (Imperial IPA w/ Mosaic, Amarillo & Galaxy)
- Sprechen Sie Deutsch? (Imperial Stout w/ Vanilla, Cocoa, Coffee, Coconut & Pecans)
- Stellar Parallax (Imperial IPA w/ Galaxy, Simcoe & Mosaic)
- The Underground (Pale Ale)

Space Freely:
As the resident value seeker, I'm going to boast of having attended the Pizza Paradiso/Aslin night, where all beers were $4 for happy hour and you got the free glassware to boot. The draft list wasn't nearly as extensive, but it was way more than adequate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version